Windows 10: "want PC discoverable" - where to find how set back to yes/no if..

Discus and support "want PC discoverable" - where to find how set back to yes/no if.. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, hopefully quick question here, I'm not sure if this should go in networking or not, but I think it's also a general question too but please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Napkins333, Apr 3, 2021.

1. "want PC discoverable" - where to find how set back to yes/no if..

Hi guys, hopefully quick question here,

I'm not sure if this should go in networking or not, but I think it's also a general question too but please move this to the appropriate place if it's not here but:

Where do you go if this message popped up and you either missed clicking it or said no and you want it to be yes instead?

"want PC discoverable" - where to find how set back to yes/no if.. [​IMG]

Where/how do you get this message back again or to answer it again?

thanks.

:)

Napkins333, Apr 3, 2021
  2. David Haz Win User

Set up Homegroup with a dual band router

When you create a HomeGroup using the PC device, does it appear on your Surface device?

We suggest that you check the network discovery of the HomeGroup that you have created if it is discoverable by other devices. You may change the settings by following these steps:

• Open HomeGroup.
    • Select the settings you want.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Autoamtically disable "Allow your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices .." popup message

Hi Damian,

To disable to the "allow your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices," you may try the suggested steps below:

• Access Control Panel (icons view), then click Network and Sharing Center.
    • Click Change advanced sharing settings link on the left side of the screen.
    • Expand the Private (current profile) or Guest or Public network profile for the one you want to turn off network discovery.
    • Click (radio button) to Turn off network discovery for what you want to do, and click/tap on Save changes.
    • Under the Private network profile, you can also check (off) Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices to turn off network discovery.
    • Click Save changes.
    • Close the Network and Sharing Center.
    Feel free to post the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Ciero4113 Win User

"want PC discoverable" - where to find how set back to yes/no if..

Unsure about setting up a network: Making PC discoverable

Hey everyone. I'm completely dumb to setting up a network. After my father passed, I got a tablet and a cellphone. I have to take notes and photos often and would like to be able to just access these devices right on my computer. I'd also like them to easily share my internet.

I think I have most things figured out, but I'm stuck on whether or not I want to make my computer discoverable, and whether or not my network is secure from neighbors.

Making my computer discoverable -seems- to be the one step I'm reluctant on. How do I know if it's secure from others, how do I know it's password protected, etc. I'd like to be able to have full access to my things even though I live around a lot of people. Thank you very much.

Ciero4113, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

"want PC discoverable" - where to find how set back to yes/no if..

1. "want PC discoverable" - where to find how set back to yes/no if.. - Similar Threads - discoverable where find

2. PC not discoverable on network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not discoverable on network.: Hello, I am trying to set up two computers on my network so that they can share a folder between them. I followed a video that explained how to enable network discoverability through the network share center.Here is a quick list of what I did. 1 turned on "network discover on...
  3. PC not discoverable on network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not discoverable on network.: Hello, I am trying to set up two computers on my network so that they can share a folder between them. I followed a video that explained how to enable network discoverability through the network share center.Here is a quick list of what I did. 1 turned on "network discover on...
  4. PC not discoverable on network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Soundbar not discoverable on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Soundbar not discoverable on PC: Hello everyone,I have a Samsung Soundbar HWM360 which is not discoverable by my PC's via bluetooth running windows 10. It does not show up under Audio, nor it is discoverable upon searching for new devices.- My iPhone/Pixel is able to pair with my Soundbar, and so is my...
  6. Soundbar not discoverable on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Soundbar not discoverable on PC: Hello everyone,I have a Samsung Soundbar HWM360 which is not discoverable by my PC's via bluetooth running windows 10. It does not show up under Audio, nor it is discoverable upon searching for new devices.- My iPhone/Pixel is able to pair with my Soundbar, and so is my...
  7. Soundbar not discoverable on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How to stop "Do you want your machine to be discoverable"?

How to stop "Do you want your machine to be discoverable"?: I'm running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro v 1909 (OS Build 18363.693) on a home-built desktop. Something changed recently -- probably a Windows update -- that's annoying the hell out of me. Here's the situation: I much prefer to work on my machine offline just as much as possible. I...
  9. Unsure about setting up a network: Making PC discoverable

Unsure about setting up a network: Making PC discoverable: Hey everyone. I'm completely dumb to setting up a network. After my father passed, I got a tablet and a cellphone. I have to take notes and photos often and would like to be able to just access these devices right on my computer. I'd also like them to easily share my...
  10. How to remove "do you want your PC to be discoverable" message?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove "do you want your PC to be discoverable" message?: When you first complete the OOBE wizard and get into your desktop, a message appears about the network: "Do you want to allow your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" Does anyone know a way to make this not appear at all? It can be confusing...