Windows 10: Want same background image and lock screen image on Windows 10 - problem

Discus and support Want same background image and lock screen image on Windows 10 - problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had and have a photo on my lock screen and the same image was also there as my background image but following a recent Windows 10 update the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Minime7, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Minime7 Win User

Want same background image and lock screen image on Windows 10 - problem

I had and have a photo on my lock screen and the same image was also there as my background image but following a recent Windows 10 update the background image is the same but it is blurred and not in focus. The lock screen image is still perfect. I have tried to fix this by choosing the same image in settings but it is still out of focus. Please help - how do I make the two images the same and in focus? Thanks

:)

Minime7, Jul 28, 2019
  2. jaredt Win User

Lock screen background image does not appear (Anniversary Update)

Hi folks,

Background

• A year or more ago I followed [this guide](How to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10) to set the Sign-in screen to a single colour rather than having to use Microsoft's default background image.
    • So I set my own custom background image for the Lock screen (with no problem), and then once I hit a key to bring up the Sign-in screen it would should a solid background colour (happy days!).
    Issue

• I just upgraded to the Anniversary Update with no problems. My setup of Lock screen = custom image and Sign-in screen = solid colour was still working.
    • I read that Microsoft had changed it so that when you hit a key to bring up the Sign-in screen it would just keep your Lock screen image behind and show the password box on top. This sounded good to me so I ran the 'undo' script provided in the link above (the 'enable' script).
    • Now, when I lock my computer I see no image at all (a completely black background, but it's not broken because the date and time show up), and only when I hit a key to bring up the Sign-in screen do I see the custom Lock screen background image I selected. *Sad
    • The kicker is: if I go into the Lock screen settings and turn "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" OFF, then it reverts to my old custom setup: showing my selected Lock screen background image on the lock screen, but then showing a solid colour when I bring up the Sign-in screen :/
    I'm wondering if the registry setting changed at all for the Anniversary Update? I note that in the article and in the registry script they refer to it as "login/logon" whereas the setting in the Anniversary Update references "sign-in". Don't know if there's a clue there or it's just a red herring?

Can anyone help me get back to the default Anniversary Update behaviour (Lock screen background image shows on lock screen and sign-in screen)? Want same background image and lock screen image on Windows 10 - problem :)

UPDATE: Interestingly, when I do a restart, the default Anniversary Update behaviour works. Ie. it shows the background image on the first screen and also on the sign-in screen (is there a subtle difference between the first screen you see after powering up vs any subsequent lock screen?).

jaredt, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Dave1776 Win User
    Windows lock screen background images

Thanks found the photo I was looking for in the list that app got!

Want same background image and lock screen image on Windows 10 - problem [​IMG]

Dave1776, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Want same background image and lock screen image on Windows 10 - problem

How to fix problems with lock screen images (Windows Spotlight)

This Windows 10 Tip
    highlights the Windows Spotlight setting, which automatically uploads beautiful images of scenery daily from around the world for the background on the lock screen.

What steps should I try if I’m having trouble with Windows Spotlight?
    For example, what should I do if:

• The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the lock screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the sign-in screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight option doesn’t appear in my lock screen settings.
    • The Windows Spotlight image isn’t changing. (It shows the same image every day.)

Meliton Dec, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Want same background image and lock screen image on Windows 10 - problem

1. Want same background image and lock screen image on Windows 10 - problem - Similar Threads - same background image

2. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  3. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  4. Background image Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background image Problem: I have a problem where only in my screen i get like a "transparent" image above all my open program , i cant get a screenshot bc in the screenshot people cant see it,is like a normal photo ,but in my screen is like a image i can see through of a youtube page....
  5. Background image Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background image Problem: I have a problem where only in my screen i get like a "transparent" image above all my open program , i cant get a screenshot bc in the screenshot people cant see it,is like a normal photo ,but in my screen is like a image i can see through of a youtube page....
  6. Background image Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Lock Screen Stuck On Same Image

Lock Screen Stuck On Same Image: I see this coming up a lot with very creative solutions. I would add one to the mix. When i would open lock screen options, the latest image would be up in picture mode. Changing picture to Windows Spotlight would stay in picture mode. Changing it twice it would look like...
  8. Windows lock screen background images

Windows lock screen background images: Hi I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below [img] Well the other day I had one of a couple of otters in Homer Alaska and my wife fell in love with it. I was going to save it for her but with the holidays and all it...
  9. Windows lock screen background images

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows lock screen background images: Hi I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below [img] Well the other day I had one of a couple of otters in Homer Alaska and my wife fell in love with it. I was going to save it for her but with the holidays and all it...
  10. Background info on lock screen images?

Background info on lock screen images?: I typically like the lock screens that Windows 10 shows very much. Already several times I was wondering how to get more background info on the picture shown, specifically: where was that picture taken? Or like today: what village does it show? It's beautiful and I'ld...