Windows 10: Want to "actually" disable Windows Hello

Discus and support Want to "actually" disable Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've tried several suggestions on how to disable Windows Hello without success. I want to disable it because when I start up my machine, the logon... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Klamerus, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Klamerus Win User

Want to "actually" disable Windows Hello

I've tried several suggestions on how to disable Windows Hello without success.

I want to disable it because when I start up my machine, the logon screen jumps back and forth as it attempts I think to get a PIN or my picture via the camera. I just want to logon with my password, but I can't except through being persistent, occasionally starting over and typing quickly.

Otherwise, this stupid logon option monopolizes my logons and is very frustrating.

I'd love to understand what is possible because everything I've seen and tried just isn't working.

:)

Klamerus, Feb 27, 2021

2. PIN Box Missing - After Update - Windows Hello

Thank you for all the information.

To assist you better with your concern, we suggest that you disable Windows Hello. This should prevent you from getting issues in logging-in to your computer.

To do it, kindly follow the steps below:

• On your Cortana, type "Settings", and then press Enter.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options.
    • Disable Windows Hello.

Let us know how it goes.

Jhessica Sur, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    How to disable Windows Hello

Hi Tom,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when things do not work the way they are expected to. However, we can try a few steps and see if we can disable Windows Hello permanently, but before we try those steps, may I know:

What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

Did you notice any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

Troubleshooting methods:

Method 1: Using Group policy settings.

If you are on Windows 10 Pro edition, you can change the group policy settings to disable PIN sign-in option for all users.

• Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type GPEDIT.MSC and hit the Enter key.
    • Go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon.
    • On the right side, double click on Turn on PIN sign-in and select
      Disabled.
    • Similarly disable the other Windows Hello options if any.
    • Exit the Group policy editor and reboot the computer.

Method 2: Disabling Windows Hello in Registry.

If setting Group policy doesn’t work, you disable the sign in options which should disable

Windows Hello options in all user accounts.

Disclaimer: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts
    on the computer. Windows often reads and updates the information in the registry.

Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information.

Please take a backup of the registry. Follow the steps given in the link below:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

• Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.
    • When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowSignInOptions.
    • In the right pane, double click on the DWORD entry named
      value set it to 0.

The above method will disable Windows Hello for all user accounts. If you want to re-enable

it, change the DWORD entry Value back to

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Want to "actually" disable Windows Hello

WINDOWS HELLO LOGIN

Tried your suggestions to repair windows hello. steps one and two did not work.
    enhanced anti-spoofing feature was already disabled. Step 3 not able to find hello, webcam. and fingerprint drivers in device manager, even after enabling hidden devices. Thanks

PaulBrian1, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Want to "actually" disable Windows Hello

1. Want to "actually" disable Windows Hello - Similar Threads - actually disable Hello

2. Actually Disable Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Actually Disable Automatic Updates: Is there a way to properly disable automatic updates during active hours? Mine was set from 0700 to 0100 yet at 0043 my computer updated and restarted when i left it for 10 minutes, causing me to lose a lot of my work progress....
  3. Actually Disable Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Actually Disable Automatic Updates: Is there a way to properly disable automatic updates during active hours? Mine was set from 0700 to 0100 yet at 0043 my computer updated and restarted when i left it for 10 minutes, causing me to lose a lot of my work progress....
  4. Actually Disable Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable Windows Hello: I tried every way I could find to remove Windows Hello, specifically the PIN, and none of them worked. the remove button is greyed out and I don't know how to do it. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. Disable Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable Hello: How do I bypass Windows hello? I do not want to set it up and do not want to keep seeing this every time I go to my Windows defender? The image below is what I see every time I open my Windows defender.I cannot even select the option to turn it off under sign-in options. See...
  7. WINDOWS HELLO DISABLE

WINDOWS HELLO DISABLE: hello All, I am unable to disable window hello every gpedit and regisry key but it didnt work. Regard Ayub Hi Tom, Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. I understand how frustrating it could be when things do not work the way they are expected...
  8. I want to disable popup screens asking for Windows Hello. No option to disable in gpedit,...

I want to disable popup screens asking for Windows Hello. No option to disable in gpedit,...: OS - Windows 10 Home edition [ATTACH] error in my microsoft account [ATTACH] Signin Options - no option to remove hello , pin etc [ATTACH] No option to disable in computer policy [ATTACH] Cant sign in to office products and not getting updates [ATTACH] After...
  9. I want to disable popping windows asking for Windows Hello. No option to disable in gpedit,...

I want to disable popping windows asking for Windows Hello. No option to disable in gpedit,...: OS - Windows 10 Home edition [ATTACH] error in my microsoft account [ATTACH] Signin Options - no option to remove hello , pin etc [ATTACH] No option to disable in computer policy [ATTACH] Cant sign in to office products and not getting updates [ATTACH] After...
  10. Disabling SmartScreen in Windows 10 does not actually disable it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling SmartScreen in Windows 10 does not actually disable it: Hello, I was trying to fix one of my partitions in Windows 10 so I tried to installed the program EASEUS from EaseUS | Data Recovery, Backup, Partition Manager & PC Utility Software. When I went to install I got a UAC message like the one shown below: [img] I then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable hello pin connect hard drive to other computer