Windows 10: Want to change account email

Discus and support Want to change account email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So when we first got this FAMILY computer my dad created a Microsoft account for me even though I already have one. I had acknowledged that I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FormulaSoda6420, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Want to change account email

So when we first got this FAMILY computer my dad created a Microsoft account for me even though I already have one. I had acknowledged that I could change it, but I was too lazy to do so. Then I started customizing and downloading stuff so now I can't change back. Or can I? Thats the problem. I don't know how to do anything. Please help

:)

FormulaSoda6420, Dec 28, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 28, 2019
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Want to change account email

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

1. Change your password.
    2. Change to Gmail.

TheMailMan78, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Want to change account email

1. Want to change account email - Similar Threads - change account email

2. I want to change the email address to the old email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change the email address to the old email: my email is has been hacked and I want to change the email address to the old email but I cannot because two factor for his email !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-the-email-address-to-the-old/2409f67e-fb85-4c44-8d33-2d998b31053f
  3. I want to change the email address to the old email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change the email address to the old email: my email is has been hacked and I want to change the email address to the old email but I cannot because two factor for his email !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-the-email-address-to-the-old/2409f67e-fb85-4c44-8d33-2d998b31053f
  4. Logged into my email with my local Windows administrator account, want to change the email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logged into my email with my local Windows administrator account, want to change the email...: As the title says. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logged-into-my-email-with-my-local-windows/0e4ae10b-4fdc-4664-b202-4cff3d3df7ae
  5. Logged into my email with my local Windows administrator account, want to change the email...

Logged into my email with my local Windows administrator account, want to change the email...: As the title says. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logged-into-my-email-with-my-local-windows/0e4ae10b-4fdc-4664-b202-4cff3d3df7ae
  6. Logged into my email with my local Windows administrator account, want to change the email...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. changed email but it not want to change

changed email but it not want to change: Hi the problem that I am having the Microsoft think the my old e-mail is still my main but want wanted to make it my Gmail. The main Issue that I have is I can't use OneDrive....
  8. changed email but it not want to change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changed email but it not want to change: Hi the problem that I am having the Microsoft think the my old e-mail is still my main but want wanted to make it my Gmail. The main Issue that I have is I can't use OneDrive....
  9. Change account email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change account email: I'm not being able to change my account email. The verification code does not arrive in my current email even after hours and numerous attempts. Note: I am 100% sure that the email I asked to send the code is the current email from my account....
  10. Changing email account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing email account: I accidently singed into my primary account on my pc with a freinds email and now i cant change the email used on my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-email-account/ca536134-8d2b-448d-8121-c2ca57362bac"