Windows 10: Want to change Microsoft Account login from Home account to Work Account

Discus and support Want to change Microsoft Account login from Home account to Work Account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I bought a Surface Pro 7 that had Windows 10 home. I want to use it for business with my Office 365 for business. I upgraded the Windows 10 home to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Randall Bernhardt, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Want to change Microsoft Account login from Home account to Work Account

I bought a Surface Pro 7 that had Windows 10 home. I want to use it for business with my Office 365 for business. I upgraded the Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro. It still wants my Microsoft Account for home username and password, and does not recognize my work Microsoft account UN. I would prefer just to use only my work Microsoft account and not my home account. How can I change it on my computer?

:)

Randall Bernhardt, Mar 24, 2020

2. Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Yea, I would create a local account and just use your school account to login to Outlook and Onedrive.

Edit:

Here switch between local and microsoft account.

Mindweaver, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Want to change Microsoft Account login from Home account to Work Account :(

Zakin, Mar 24, 2020
  4. silkstone Win User

Want to change Microsoft Account login from Home account to Work Account

Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

I was thinking of doing that, but it will be a PITA setting everything up on the 2nd account again. I might go that way and just spend the time getting the account in order.

The problem is, I would need to switch at the start of every day. Extra reset and waiting for the settings to be applied etc. Also, I'm not sure whether one drive would be maintained after switching back to a local account. I wouldn't want to have to re-sync every time I logged in. I may have to do some testing to see if onedrive is maintained after switching back to a local account.

silkstone, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Want to change Microsoft Account login from Home account to Work Account

1. Want to change Microsoft Account login from Home account to Work Account - Similar Threads - change Microsoft Account

2. Cannot login to Microsoft Store - It wants a "work or school account"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot login to Microsoft Store - It wants a "work or school account": I have my user account set up with my personal account *@outlook.com. My PC is activated with a license linked to my personal *@outlook.com.I cannot remove my user account without deleting all of my personal data. I just want to sign in to the Microsoft Store to play...
  3. Cannot login to Microsoft Store - It wants a "work or school account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to Microsoft Store - It wants a "work or school account": I have my user account set up with my personal account *@outlook.com. My PC is activated with a license linked to my personal *@outlook.com.I cannot remove my user account without deleting all of my personal data. I just want to sign in to the Microsoft Store to play...
  4. Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account login: My password to Microsoft Account is not correct when I login using a different pc. Any suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login/712678ca-5059-47f4-8f28-b7e229bf6c60
  5. Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account: Hi, When i first start up my new laptop, I used Microsoft Account to sign in and install all the program and apps including Microsoft Office. Now if I would like to change to Local Account, are the program and apps will remain the same or I will still need to install again?...
  6. Microsoft Account Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Login: I am unable to manage my microsoft account via the Settings/Accounts/Your Info. I click on "manage my microsoft account" and the dialog box just shows a spinning circle and never stops unitl i cancel it out. I can log into my account if I go via a browser so my account...
  7. Microsoft Account - changing the login mail account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - changing the login mail account?: My mail address is going away; it is my Microsoft Account login id. How do I change it? I have already added the new address and made it my primary address Dave NB Finding a Category for this wasn't necessarily simple...
  8. Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've been trying to change my local account to a Microsoft account on Windows 10, but I haven't been able to do so. No option appears saying "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". In the "Your info" section (Settings > Accounts > Your info), it displays my current...
  9. Microsoft account login does not work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account login does not work: For several weeks I have tried to login to my windows account, keeps telling my password is wrong, reset password, then go to second step tells me password is wrong. I keep resetting and and it says it was successful but then when I go to use it, it says it's wrong. I can't...
  10. Login Account Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Account Changed: On my home PC to which I only have access, following the installation of an update, my login account was changed from myself to Other User. I have set my account to bypass the requirement to enter a password by using netplwiz, but now the computer defaults to Other User. I...