Windows 10: Want to change my login email address on my computer

Discus and support Want to change my login email address on my computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Due to various issues with my previous email address I need to change it. But also i do NOT want to reset up everything I have for this old email... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TVilfroy, Apr 30, 2020.

1. TVilfroy Win User

Want to change my login email address on my computer

Due to various issues with my previous email address I need to change it. But also i do NOT want to reset up everything I have for this old email address in Windows again - ie. were everything is, etc on the desktop, etc.

I had to delete my old windows email address due to constant issues of it connecting to it. So I deleted in the last few days - but now I have to use a new email address to login to my computer.

I have spent way too long to do set up my computer the first time, I don't want to waste more days doing so.

And I would like to talk to a support person vs using email or website to get my issue resolved - I don't feel comfort sharing info on the net - that is how my issue got bigger the first time around.

Thanks

Thomas

:)

TVilfroy, Apr 30, 2020

2. How do I change the email address with which I sign in to Windows 10?

Hi Lester,

Thank you very much for this.

I went through your steps and the acxcount was not listed.

The account (the gmail) was not there, having checked both areas you have suggested. So I could not get to the stage rto allow it....as not shown.

I then tried to change the Win10 login email address but it still says that the email address is aleady in use.

Any more ideas , please?

Many thanks

John

JohnJoannou1, Apr 30, 2020
  3. otosnede Win User
    User account info lost after changing login email

Want to change my login email address on my computer [​IMG]

I recently changed my main Microsoft account login email and after doing so, all my 10 machines no longer show my name on the login screen (shows my email address twice) or in the Start menu (only shows the email address) and as you can see in the above screenshot, permissions no longer show as my login and email address.

Things I've done so far to try and correct it:
    1. Change my account to local login, then back to my Microsoft login, which temporarily corrected it, but then after a few restarts, the info gets lost again
    2. Manually added my name in Computer Management > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users... this fixed it, but again, only until a restart
    Has anyone else experienced something like this and no of a way to correct it (and make it stick)?

otosnede, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Want to change my login email address on my computer

Windows 10 - How do I change my login email address?

Hi Andy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article to change the login email address and check if it helps.

Change the email for your Microsoft account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-email-for-your-microsoft-account

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Want to change my login email address on my computer

1. Want to change my login email address on my computer - Similar Threads - change login email

2. I need to change primary email address my MS login email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to change primary email address my MS login email address.: When I get to add email and select "add an existing email alias" the MS system responds with "You can't add a work or school email address as an alias to a personal Microsoft account. Please try another."...
  3. I need to change primary email address my MS login email address.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to change primary email address my MS login email address.: When I get to add email and select "add an existing email alias" the MS system responds with "You can't add a work or school email address as an alias to a personal Microsoft account. Please try another."...
  4. I want to change my email address from my personal to my school address so my computer is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my email address from my personal to my school address so my computer is...: Would like to change my email from personal to my school email I want my computer to only have my school work and information on it can you please help me do this...
  5. I want to change my email address from my personal to my school address so my computer is...

I want to change my email address from my personal to my school address so my computer is...: Would like to change my email from personal to my school email I want my computer to only have my school work and information on it can you please help me do this...
  6. I want to change my email address from my personal to my school address so my computer is...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.: The problem is the website will not let me add my current email address, saying, "this address is already taken. Choose another." It will not let me remove my current Microsoft Account email address. My current Microsoft Account email address will soon be invalid. The...
  8. I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.: The problem is the website will not let me add my current email address, saying, "this address is already taken. Choose another." It will not let me remove my current Microsoft Account email address. My current Microsoft Account email address will soon be invalid. The...
  9. I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.

10. Change Login Email Address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Login Email Address: Hi, I have just received a new PC that has windows 10 on it. It is asking me for a Microsoft account, which I have but do not use. In order to get the machine set up I had to use this account, however, whenever I purchase software etc it uses this account name and I...