Windows 10: Want to connect my android phone to laptop (USB micro B to USB A). Phone is charging but...

Discus and support Want to connect my android phone to laptop (USB micro B to USB A). Phone is charging but... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Peta-8-bit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6ibt4/want_to_connect_my_android_phone_to_laptop_usb/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Peta-8-bit, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Want to connect my android phone to laptop (USB micro B to USB A). Phone is charging but...

/u/Peta-8-bit, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Larryh Win User

android phone

I own a Samsung S8 which I connect to my Windows 10 Pro laptop via USB. When first connecting your phone to your laptop the phone defaults to USB charging mode. This may be changed by opening your notifications on your phones home screen. You should find a message 'Android System USB charging' Select that message to change your option to 'transferring files' for example. If your phone still doesn't show up in Windows Explorer get back to us.

Larryh, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Problems Connecting Android Phones to Windows 10

HI all wasnt sure which area to post this in so hopefully this is ok.

I use my laptop mainly for djing and when I do I turn off the wifi as it interferes with the audio software.
    therefore in order to download music on the fly I use an Android mobile phone (Pixel 2 or Samsung s7 Egde).

My issue is that when i connect the phone to the laptop via a micro usb to usb cable or usb c to usb cable the phone does NOT always display on the laptop and therefore I cannot transfer the contents to the laptop.

This happened at 1st with the Pixel 2 and i thought it was just the Pixel 2. Then it started happening yesterday with the Samsung.

I checked the USB configuration on the phone was set to MTP on both phones but still the phone will not diplay on the laptop.

Any ideas?

TIA Bart

bartjunited, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Want to connect my android phone to laptop (USB micro B to USB A). Phone is charging but...

Cell phone USB connection issues

Hello everyone.

As the title says, I'm having problems with USB connection issues between my Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone and my Acer laptop. My phone is running Android 5 and my laptop Windows 10. When I connect my phone to my laptop, it often will connect and disconnect in rapid succession 4 or 5 times, or it will connect normally and then 3 minutes later lose connection. I've tried multiple USB ports, both 3.0 and 2.0, but it still happens.

Has anyone else had this issue? We you able to resolve it?

Thanks!

Eric

ericmergen, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Want to connect my android phone to laptop (USB micro B to USB A). Phone is charging but...

1. Want to connect my android phone to laptop (USB micro B to USB A). Phone is charging but... - Similar Threads - connect android phone

2. Connection laptop with mobile phone with USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection laptop with mobile phone with USB: Hello,I need to connect my mobile phone with my laptop. Normally this works pretty well however right now I put USB cable with mobile and the result is that my mobile is charging but no data from my mobile phone aren't seen in my laptop. Could you please help me?...
  3. Connection laptop with mobile phone with USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection laptop with mobile phone with USB: Hello,I need to connect my mobile phone with my laptop. Normally this works pretty well however right now I put USB cable with mobile and the result is that my mobile is charging but no data from my mobile phone aren't seen in my laptop. Could you please help me?...
  4. Connection laptop with mobile phone with USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB-C Thunderbolt on my Laptop wont charge my phone and my phone attempts to charge my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C Thunderbolt on my Laptop wont charge my phone and my phone attempts to charge my laptop: Before describing in details my tests and other notices i want to say that everything worked fine until today morning. Im running Windows 10.So as i said in title, plugging my cable usb-c to usb-c into the usb-c thunderbolt slot and my phone results in my phone attempting to...
  6. USB-C Thunderbolt on my Laptop wont charge my phone and my phone attempts to charge my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C Thunderbolt on my Laptop wont charge my phone and my phone attempts to charge my laptop: Before describing in details my tests and other notices i want to say that everything worked fine until today morning. Im running Windows 10.So as i said in title, plugging my cable usb-c to usb-c into the usb-c thunderbolt slot and my phone results in my phone attempting to...
  7. USB-C Thunderbolt on my Laptop wont charge my phone and my phone attempts to charge my laptop

8. Unable to connect my android phone via usb.

Unable to connect my android phone via usb.: hello friends, please help me....I am unable to connect my android phone via usb. While installing mtp device driver I am getting error code 31. What should I do to fix it ? Below Is the Snap..... [ATTACH]...
  9. USB connection from Android phone to PC

USB connection from Android phone to PC: I have two versions of windows 10, a 32 Bit and a 64 bit. When I connect my phone Moto E to the 32 Bit Windows 10, the connection works just fine. When I connect the sane phone to my 64 Bit Windows 10, the computer does not see the connected device at all. Can someone please...
  10. Android Phone wont connect by USB in Win10x64

Android Phone wont connect by USB in Win10x64: I have tried everything MTP settings, enable USB debug, nothing in DevMgr shows for "Portable Devices" (in fact that option only appears when i plug in a USB Stick) I've tried two cables = both worked before and now all of a sudden it's being blocked? I'm using...