Windows 10: Want to control battery charging

Discus and support Want to control battery charging in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'd like to be able to stop my battery in my laptop from charging past a certain point, like maybe 60 or 70%. I've heard that this can extend the life... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Delly10, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Delly10 Win User

Want to control battery charging

I'd like to be able to stop my battery in my laptop from charging past a certain point, like maybe 60 or 70%. I've heard that this can extend the life of the battery. I currently do this by taking the battery out when it gets to that point. However, my house has been having a few power outages lately, and that messes up my computer when I have it in Sleep mode with the battery out. I'd like to just leave it in for that reason. I have a Dell laptop. Device nameDESKTOP-T1U7VSKProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz 1.90 GHzInstalled RAM6.00 GBDevice ID9D87531D-5A83-414A-BB2A-A9943F9E995DProduct ID00325-80409-88884-AAOEMSystem type64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touchTouch support with 10 touch points I've already downloaded and tried using Dell Power Manager Lite. It looks it has what I need, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The instructions say that it only charges during specified usage times. But no matter what I set the active use times for, the battery continues charging. So, is there any other program I could use? EditionWindows 10 HomeVersion20H2Installed on‎9/‎25/‎2020OS build19042.1110ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

:)

Delly10, Aug 1, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Want to control battery charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Want to control battery charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Aug 1, 2021
  4. baskhara Win User

Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Want to control battery charging - Similar Threads - control battery charging

2. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery not charging: I know there are many people asking this: The charger light indicates that the battery should be charging, but it is not, there is no charging icon.But this has happened 3 times recently. The first time, I could uninstall the drivers and restart my PC. Last week, that didnt...
  3. Battery not Charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery not Charging: My charging/battery icon says: 53% available, plugged in and not charging. How do I get it to charge the battery to 100% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/5716beac-3a2e-4c95-a65b-640949bbe993
  4. battery not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not charging: HP plugged in but battery isn't charging. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/8fe2b97f-6549-4b0f-939e-2749424a54cf
  5. battery charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery charging: my pc dell battery charging upto 70% only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging/52c47887-f659-4661-9fb9-47e98c4ac310
  6. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery not charging: hello, today something went wrong, i don't know why. the battery is not charging, i plugged in for at least 5hours today But nothing is happening. and when i removed the charger the laptop shut down, i mean got locked. indicator showing 0% charging....
  7. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging: My battery is at 1% and won't charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/b34fc55a-9320-45fc-b6e0-f0aea0a48a0e
  8. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery not charging: Split from this thread. battery on laptop not charging need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/8f54a3ac-3616-40fe-a75f-b207432cd9a5
  9. Battery is not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery is not charging: I have a laptop with Windows 10 at this moment the battery is not charging the cable is plugged in, the battery appears with 8% but doesn't charge more than that 8% I can't be with the cable plugged in all the time...
  10. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging: Hi. My battery is plugged in and not charging. I switched plug in outlets and did the un plug plug in, I also took the battery out and put it back in. The power cord has changed shape, it is twisting in circles. Do you think the power may have fried my laptops battery...