Windows 10: Want to delete files from OneDrive, but they seemed to disappear from computer as well...

Discus and support Want to delete files from OneDrive, but they seemed to disappear from computer as well... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My subscription to OneDrive has ended so I want to reduce my OneDrive files. When I did that they seemed to disappear from my computer as well.. Why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephenfromChch, May 29, 2019.

1. Want to delete files from OneDrive, but they seemed to disappear from computer as well...

My subscription to OneDrive has ended so I want to reduce my OneDrive files. When I did that they seemed to disappear from my computer as well.. Why should this be?

How can I just delete items from OneDrive only?

Thanks.

:)

StephenfromChch, May 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 29, 2019
  3. Andr3wN Win User
    Onedrive deleting files from computer

Since some of my games and other stuff stores itself in areas like Documents and Desktop. OneDrive decides to sync all of that and then tell me that my OneDrive doesn't have any space left. So, what I do is delete files from OneDrive, expecting that it
    deletes the file from OneDrive, but no. It deletes the files from my COMPUTER. Now when I try to re-install the files, I can't. Because there isn't enough space after installing the exact
    same files. Could I ask that someone make a difference between OneDrive deleting and PC deleting.

Andr3wN, May 29, 2019
  4. Want to delete files from OneDrive, but they seemed to disappear from computer as well...

Manjunath_H, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Want to delete files from OneDrive, but they seemed to disappear from computer as well...

1. Want to delete files from OneDrive, but they seemed to disappear from computer as well... - Similar Threads - delete files OneDrive

2. Files disappeared from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files disappeared from Onedrive: Most of important files disappeared from onedrive overnight. They are not in the recycle bin. I have the free version. 2 year old versions of the files do exist. I cannot for the life of me think of anything I could have done to cause this. I do recall perhaps adding another...
  3. Files disappeared from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files disappeared from Onedrive: Most of important files disappeared from onedrive overnight. They are not in the recycle bin. I have the free version. 2 year old versions of the files do exist. I cannot for the life of me think of anything I could have done to cause this. I do recall perhaps adding another...
  4. Unable to delete my OneDrive files from another computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to delete my OneDrive files from another computer: Hello,I'm trying to delete my OneDrive files that are showing up on another computer that I was previously using. Every time that I click Delete, it gives me "Error 0x8007016A The cloud file provider is not running". How can I stop getting this error so that I can delete...
  5. Files Seem to Mysteriously Disappear from External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files Seem to Mysteriously Disappear from External Drive: My external 1TB hard drive was pretty full when I noticed it started being kinda slow. I then start to realize that a growing number of folders were inaccessible. I click on it, Windows Explorer "doesn't respond" for about 30 seconds or so, and then it just doesn't do...
  6. Syncing with onedrive deleted files from my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing with onedrive deleted files from my computer?: I started to syncing with onedrive and it started deleting files from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-with-onedrive-deleted-files-from-my/26607600-6250-4a4c-90cb-8c311f8a63c6
  7. Files not deleting from OneDrive

Files not deleting from OneDrive: Files are not deleted from my OneDrive folder on my PC. Tried deleting them online & it did. While trying to open an image I was also getting an "Invalid value for registry" error. Vijay...
  8. How to delete files from OneDrive?

How to delete files from OneDrive?: I’d like to find out how I can delete the files and images from OneDrive via desktop without downloading them on the desktop first? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-files-from-onedrive/ab5618e8-e471-4ebf-b300-de8e514af2fb"
  9. Onedrive deleting files from computer

Onedrive deleting files from computer: Since some of my games and other stuff stores itself in areas like Documents and Desktop. OneDrive decides to sync all of that and then tell me that my OneDrive doesn't have any space left. So, what I do is delete files from OneDrive, expecting that it deletes the file from...
  10. OneDrive disappeared from file explorer in W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive disappeared from file explorer in W10: Hey all, Preface: I had Windows 8.1 and I never used SkyDrive or, later, OneDrive, but since it's so inbred with Windows 10, I wanted to at least check it out. Especially after all of Microsoft's hype and the $16 Billion they poured into cloud research. I also have a...