Windows 10: Want to DELETE second User Account at login

Discus and support Want to DELETE second User Account at login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using a Windows 10 PC and I am the only user. My administrator username is "John Doe". Recently when I start the PC, I get 2 options for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Fyreman, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Fyreman Win User

Want to DELETE second User Account at login

Hello, I'm using a Windows 10 PC and I am the only user. My administrator username is "John Doe".
    Recently when I start the PC, I get 2 options for user login-"John Doe", where I click to enter my password and a second option to use a PIN, both have EXACT name "John Doe". The first option asks for a Password- it does not accept any PW I've associated with the account. When selecting the second option, the PIN box appears. I am then able to get to my desktop screen.

I want to do two things: 1) Delete the account that asks for the PW 2) Automatically login and go to my desktop screen. When I go to Control Panel user settings to delete it, there is only ONE account that shows. I've tried at least 6 solutions suggested, none have worked. Probably need step-by-step instructions. Thanks in advance.

:)

Fyreman, Nov 4, 2020

2. Removing deleted user account from login screen

Hi Macheal,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues with the account.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

Are you logging in using a Microsoft account?

If you are using an administrator account, I suggest you to delete the other user accounts once again and check if that helps.

Method 1: I would have you perform the steps-

• Login to your default account.
    • Click on the “Windows logo” and type “User Accounts”.
    • Now, select “Settings” and then select the “User Accounts” icon.
    • Click on “Manage another account” and then select the user account that you want to delete.
    • Click on “delete the account”.
    • Depending on whether you want to “Keep the files” or “delete the files” choose the appropriate option.
    • You can delete the other accounts similarly.

Note: Once deleted, the user accounts cannot be recovered. Make sure you back up any data if required.

Method 2: If the issue persists, create a new user account and check if it helps.

Refer the following link for help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note the above steps are also valid in Windows 10.

Please contact us for further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Sudharshan M K, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Deleting second user account that isn't showing in User Accounts

The return of the Windows login screen with two accounts I described in the OP got me to take a closer look at the Advanced tab in netplwiz. This looks like the page we need to discuss. I don't understand the different items and, without knowing more, sure don't want to delete the "Sam" account with "Sam Jones" next to it as the full name, when the latter is the name of the real Administrator account. Would you mind breaking down this list for me? Thanks,

Want to DELETE second User Account at login [​IMG]

highstream, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Want to DELETE second User Account at login

Deleting second user account that isn't showing in User Accounts

Thanks, but I’m confused by your second paragraph explanation. The list shows an Administrator account and an account labeled Sam and Sam Jones, the latter apparently being the account showing as the Administrator account on the User Accounts page. What is the difference? And where might the Sam account that also shows up on the login screen at start up, i.e. the point of this thread, be?

highstream, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Want to DELETE second User Account at login

1. Want to DELETE second User Account at login - Similar Threads - DELETE second User

2. Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.: I had two user accounts on my windows 11 home, and both were working well but after I upgrade my windows to pro, at startup I see both users but after a restart I don't see the second one but I've access to second user data via explore.In addition to that, I create a new user...
  3. Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second or other user accounts not showing at login page.: I had two user accounts on my windows 11 home, and both were working well but after I upgrade my windows to pro, at startup I see both users but after a restart I don't see the second one but I've access to second user data via explore.In addition to that, I create a new user...
  4. annoying user/login problem with deleted account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    annoying user/login problem with deleted account: First post, hi guys. I have only one user on this machine. Admin. of course. I deleted the old one that I had two of for some reason, but one is still present when I log in, auto-login, and that one I is to windows account I forgot the login to. Long story but after a...
  5. annoying user/login problem with deleted account

in Windows 10 Support
    annoying user/login problem with deleted account: First post, hi guys. I have only one user on this machine. Admin. of course. I deleted the old one that I had two of for some reason, but one is still present when I log in, auto-login, and that one I is to windows account I forgot the login to. Long story but after a...
  6. second user account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    second user account?: How do i remove shortcut from other users start screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-user-account/93f15127-924f-43c4-81be-367a7c6d8a4f
  7. SECOND USER ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Customization
    SECOND USER ACCOUNT: How do I remove an icon shortcut from second users account on the home screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-user-account/f596a990-b71c-4aea-adde-37f5faea7b43
  8. Windows wants deleted account to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows wants deleted account to login: Hello, Windows wants me to login into my PC with a deleted account. Is there a way around this? Last I did the standard Windows 10 update as i was shutting down my laptop. I’ve come to it today and it won’t let me login. It says the login is an old gmail one from when i...
  9. i want to delete user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i want to delete user account: I have a user account which is shown on enter password screen i want to delete it but it isn't showing up in control panel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-delete-user-account/c3084bbe-9363-4a16-b3c0-45f3aba1cd4c
  10. Deleting second user account that isn't showing in User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleting second user account that isn't showing in User Accounts: Win 10 Pro 1607, single user desktop PC. Yesterday, I changed the password on my Windows account. After that, when I booted, Windows prompted me for a password. The thing is, though, that it showed two accounts, let's call them Sam and Sam Jones. Sam Jones is the...