Windows 10: Want to delete suspicious file from emal that is in the archive root directory

Discus and support Want to delete suspicious file from emal that is in the archive root directory in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just got an email from a legitimate organization and downloaded the attachment file that I suspect is a scam file. I tried to delete it and it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Edward617, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Edward617 Win User

Want to delete suspicious file from emal that is in the archive root directory

I just got an email from a legitimate organization and downloaded the attachment file that I suspect is a scam file. I tried to delete it and it will not be deleted. Please show me how I can delete such a file.

The file somehow ended up in the archive root directory and is a Disc image file.

:)

Edward617, Sep 18, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

Can't save file in C:\ root directory

I want to save files in my C:\ root directory of my boot drive and get an error that "Required privilege is not held by the client". I am the sole user/administrator of this system. I went into C:, properties, security, and enabled permissions for everything and everyone.

I can make/delete new folders in the C: drive, and save/delete files in those folders.
    My Win 10 system works just fine, except for me to save a file in the C; root directory

I can save files from apps to the C:\, and if I save the same file again, it tells me it exists and if I want to overwrite it, so it is indeed saved to the root directory.

In windows explorer I can't see those saved files in the root directory.

Any suggestions?

fussybob, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Want to delete suspicious file from emal that is in the archive root directory

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Want to delete suspicious file from emal that is in the archive root directory

1. Want to delete suspicious file from emal that is in the archive root directory - Similar Threads - delete suspicious file

2. Cannot delete suspicious file in Windows folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete suspicious file in Windows folder: As the title suggests, I have found a file in Chinese, as shown in the image below, using TreeSize.Because I want to clean up my SSD drive, I have tried the following methods:Shift + DelDelete in Safe ModeDelete using CMDDelete using FileAssassin => However, all of them...
  3. Cannot delete suspicious file in Windows folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete suspicious file in Windows folder: As the title suggests, I have found a file in Chinese, as shown in the image below, using TreeSize.Because I want to clean up my SSD drive, I have tried the following methods:Shift + DelDelete in Safe ModeDelete using CMDDelete using FileAssassin => However, all of them...
  4. Azure VM with 50GB root directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Azure VM with 50GB root directory: Hi,I want to spin up a Ubuntu/Centos/RHEL VM having 50GB for root directory.I tried with Standard_D8s_V3 and Standard_D4ads_v5, but no luck.Can anyone suggestRegards,Jessie...
  5. Suspicious folders in the root of my D: drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suspicious folders in the root of my D: drive: So I was going through my D: drive which is where I install all of my games and I noticed two folders named System and System64. Both were last modified 6/10/2020. All the files within System64 were last modified and created on 6/9/2016 and all the files within System were...
  6. Persistent generation of Found.xxx files in root directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Persistent generation of Found.xxx files in root directory: Winver 1903 Hi, I have a relatively new computer system with a Crucial MX500 SSD (1 TB) The problem that I am having is that folders that are named Found.xxx (where xxx is numerically sequenced) and are constantly created in the root drive of C The folders are always...
  7. "Suspicious Root CA" detection by Zemana AntiLogger

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Suspicious Root CA" detection by Zemana AntiLogger: I recently got a free premium licence of zemana antilogger from 'sharewareonsale.com', and run my first scan. From scan result I got three 'Suspicious Root CA' detection in 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\ROOT\Certificates\'...Zemana want to delete this registry...
  8. Quixxxx.tmp directories on root

in Windows 10 Support
    Quixxxx.tmp directories on root: I have all these directories starting with Qui...tmp on one of my laptops. about 20-30 of them, all empty. I get nothing via google. Anyone ever seen this? 67218
  9. Delete everything but picture files from a directory structure?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete everything but picture files from a directory structure?: Got an odd request, anyway to delete everything but picture files from a directory structure ? 64233
  10. Can't save file in C:\ root directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save file in C:\ root directory: I want to save files in my C:\ root directory of my boot drive and get an error that "Required privilege is not held by the client". I am the sole user/administrator of this system. I went into C:, properties, security, and enabled permissions for everything and everyone....