Windows 10: want to downgrade to my previous windows

Discus and support want to downgrade to my previous windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; heyy I switch to windows 10 a while ago but I want to go back it windows 8.1 but when I go in the recovery settings I doesn't give me the option to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nikeishalutchman, Mar 29, 2021.

1. want to downgrade to my previous windows

heyy I switch to windows 10 a while ago but I want to go back it windows 8.1 but when I go in the recovery settings I doesn't give me the option to go back. Can you help me go back to windows 8.1 please cause my system is slower on windows 10.

:)

nikeishalutchman, Mar 29, 2021

2. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Mar 29, 2021
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    How to downgrade UEFI to previous Hybrid Bios - Gigabyte

It did when I changed the steps as outlined, also be sure to download the same bios you flash on to a USB drive then run the bios Qflash utility to flash the "dual" bios after you flash in Windows, as the method you posted only flashes the "main" bios.

Though now i have succesfully downgraded from uefi and I couldn't be happier as my stable 24/7 OC became unstable with the uefi bios and Gigabyte offered no way to downgrade to legacy :shadedshu

BTW all the kudos goes to you for the guide I just tweaked it though couldn't have done it without the OP *Toast :toast:

NdMk2o1o, Mar 29, 2021
  4. want to downgrade to my previous windows

Windows 10 downgrade failed

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern as you are unable to downgrade to previous operating system. Also, facing issues with black screen after upgrading to Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Were you able to see any message/ error code while upgrading to Windows 10 along with black screen?
    • How have you upgraded to Windows 10 using Windows updates/ via Media creation tool?

I recommend you to resolve the issues with black screen before downgrading to previous operating system.

Step 1: If black screen error occurs before sign-in or after sign-in, I suggest you to refer to the below link and check if it helps:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

1. Connect to the internet.

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

To know more about roll back to previous operating system refer: How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback
    feature

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

want to downgrade to my previous windows

1. want to downgrade to my previous windows - Similar Threads - downgrade previous

2. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  3. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  4. Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?: Or at least how to manually uninstall Windows XP & its components. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-windows-xp-to-98/efe8f5dd-8682-4826-b184-f16771203400
  5. Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?

Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?: Or at least how to manually uninstall Windows XP & its components. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-windows-xp-to-98/efe8f5dd-8682-4826-b184-f16771203400
  6. How to downgrade windows11 to previous valid geniune edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to downgrade windows11 to previous valid geniune edition?: My laptop has windows 11 home edition single language. I changed the product keys and upgraded to win 11 pro workstation on my laptop. I want to know how can i roll it back or revert it to my original edition. I have a digital licencse fir it too. Kindly help me with it....
  7. How to downgrade windows11 to previous valid geniune edition?

How to downgrade windows11 to previous valid geniune edition?: My laptop has windows 11 home edition single language. I changed the product keys and upgraded to win 11 pro workstation on my laptop. I want to know how can i roll it back or revert it to my original edition. I have a digital licencse fir it too. Kindly help me with it....
  8. Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows: Do you know if it is possible to downgrade from v 1809 and reinstall the previous version (V1803) starting from the iso file, keeping my applications and documents, having cleaned the disk and removed the previous version? Thank you 122641
  9. Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows: Do you know if it is possible to downgrade from v 1809 and reinstall the previous version (V1803) starting from the iso file, keeping my applications and documents, having cleaned the disk and removed the previous version? Thank you 122641
  10. Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows

in Windows 10 News