Windows 10: Want to export passwords from microsoft edge Win 10.Credentials Manage

Discus and support Want to export passwords from microsoft edge Win 10.Credentials Manage in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am doing a fresh install of windows 10. I need to export my windows edge passwords. The data I want is here (I think): C:\Users\[User Profile... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Tonys317, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Tonys317 Win User

Want to export passwords from microsoft edge Win 10.Credentials Manage

I am doing a fresh install of windows 10. I need to export my windows edge passwords.

The data I want is here (I think):
    C:\Users\[User Profile Name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ Vault
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Vault
    C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\ Local\Microsoft\Vault

I talked to Microsoft support. They told me this is "IMPOSSIBLE". I can not export my credentials? !?!?! This is my computer, data/passwords. I have 2 years of passwords in Edge - there are 200 +. It seems absurd to me I can not export my own passwords from my own personal computer. A lot of 3rd party software exists to help me with this export. However, you "guy/gals" at 10 forums yell at me when I use 3rd party software.

:)

Tonys317, Nov 6, 2017

2. Credential Manager error in WINDOWS 10

Hi PaulGig,

Just as I finish my bit of a update, I remembered that
    My wife's part of the computer work with no errors in the credential manager. Well I got sorted my notebook which I use for the windows insider program was giving the same problem, my working computer as the upgrade from windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro and as
    the problem, my notebook get upgraded with every new build that Microsoft put out and as the problem.
    So I did a clean install of windows 10 pro and password are back in web credential where they should be. I tried ie11 for password and this gives the error to from web credentials. So I think maybe a little problem in the upgrade that the edge
    browser keep the passwords and ie11 losers the passwords...

GeorgeDixon1960, Nov 6, 2017
  3. vsalyan Win User
    Credential Manager error in WINDOWS 10

I resolved this issue on my machine by

• Close Credential Manager if it's open
    • Opening up Edge, going to Settings - Advanced Settings - Privacy and Services - Manage my saved passwords.
    • Delete all of your saved passwords
    • Close Edge
    • Open Credential Manager - Web Credentials
    It should open and work normally.

I'm guessing that Edge and the Windows 10 Web Credentials panel get out of sync somehow and the error occurs. After I did this the Edge saved passwords panel was empty... I'm not sure if you should see the Windows 10 Web Credentials also within Edge saved
    passwords?

Anyway, it works now!

vsalyan, Nov 6, 2017
  4. debsawyer Win User

I recommend to stop using Edge, and start using LastPass. There should be a way to copy the contents in Word or Google Docs.

debsawyer, Nov 6, 2017
  5. Tonys317 Win User
    "There should be a way". Yes, I agree there should be. I am hopeful someone knows. This is exactly why I asked my question.

Tonys317, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Want to export passwords from microsoft edge Win 10.Credentials Manage - Similar Threads - export passwords microsoft

2. Forgot Password and Account for access Credentials Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forgot Password and Account for access Credentials Manager: I would like the review the hidden password assigned to a web application however a userid and password is required I selected Control Panel Menu and Submenu Credentials Manager: and proceeded to highlight Web Credentials and select the website which is password protected...
  3. manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft edge: Plz help for manage-view-saved-passwords-Microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft-edge/990bd62b-b81e-4bab-b9aa-88a42ab6d38c"
  4. Recover Password to Credential Manager

Recover Password to Credential Manager: I thought that this was the same as Windows password, but it is not. My user name is shown, not email is that correct? If so how do I recover or change this password? I need this to uncover a site password....
  5. Password Manager Edge

Password Manager Edge: Hi. I love the password manager but previously when I opened some sites, the Edge PM asked to remember password but I chose not to. Now each and everytime I go to that site I keep on entering PW manually. How can I undo that? So that next time I login I don't have to enter...
  6. Unknown passwords in the Credential Manager

Unknown passwords in the Credential Manager: There are two unknown passwords in my Credential Manager. !. Windowsi laiendatud mandaat (Windows mandate expanded and 2. virtualapp/didlogical...
  7. Credential Manager unsaved password

Credential Manager unsaved password: I already saved my web apps password during login from many years ago. now I forgot it and tried to recover it from credential manager but unfortunately it is not saved in credential list although I am using it every day until now. so is there is any solution ?...
  8. Credential Manager won't recognize changed password

in Windows 10 Support
    Credential Manager won't recognize changed password: Created new password in an app that had been an automatic login. Now, looking at Credential Manager I see the old password still saved there. Also, no edit ability, can only delete the entire entry. Would it work to delete the old entry and then see if Cred. Mgr. would...
  9. Microsoft Edge Password Manager

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Password Manager: Hi, I have just upgraded to Windows Ten and very impressed so far. I also really like Edge, but have a few issues which hopefully I can get help with. 1. The password manager does not work and neither does the autocomplete forms. They are both turned on in advanced...
  10. Show managed password in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Show managed password in Edge?: Hello. New to Edge. I have imported my favorites from Chrome, all went well. The passwords did not come along of course, so I will have to enter them again when I access the pages. Now here is my question. On some of the pages, I can't remember the password, so I must open...