Windows 10: Want to export passwords from microsoft edge Win 10.Credentials Manage

Discus and support Want to export passwords from microsoft edge Win 10.Credentials Manage in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am doing a fresh install of windows 10. I need to export my windows edge passwords. The data I want is here (I think): C:\Users\[User Profile... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Tonys317, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Tonys317 Win User

Want to export passwords from microsoft edge Win 10.Credentials Manage

I am doing a fresh install of windows 10. I need to export my windows edge passwords.

The data I want is here (I think):
    C:\Users\[User Profile Name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ Vault
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Vault
    C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\ Local\Microsoft\Vault

I talked to Microsoft support. They told me this is "IMPOSSIBLE". I can not export my credentials? !?!?! This is my computer, data/passwords. I have 2 years of passwords in Edge - there are 200 +. It seems absurd to me I can not export my own passwords from my own personal computer. A lot of 3rd party software exists to help me with this export. However, you "guy/gals" at 10 forums yell at me when I use 3rd party software.

:)

Tonys317, Nov 6, 2017

2. Credential Manager error in WINDOWS 10

Hi PaulGig,

Just as I finish my bit of a update, I remembered that
    My wife's part of the computer work with no errors in the credential manager. Well I got sorted my notebook which I use for the windows insider program was giving the same problem, my working computer as the upgrade from windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro and as
    the problem, my notebook get upgraded with every new build that Microsoft put out and as the problem.
    So I did a clean install of windows 10 pro and password are back in web credential where they should be. I tried ie11 for password and this gives the error to from web credentials. So I think maybe a little problem in the upgrade that the edge
    browser keep the passwords and ie11 losers the passwords...

GeorgeDixon1960, Nov 6, 2017
  3. vsalyan Win User
    Credential Manager error in WINDOWS 10

I resolved this issue on my machine by

• Close Credential Manager if it's open
    • Opening up Edge, going to Settings - Advanced Settings - Privacy and Services - Manage my saved passwords.
    • Delete all of your saved passwords
    • Close Edge
    • Open Credential Manager - Web Credentials
    It should open and work normally.

I'm guessing that Edge and the Windows 10 Web Credentials panel get out of sync somehow and the error occurs. After I did this the Edge saved passwords panel was empty... I'm not sure if you should see the Windows 10 Web Credentials also within Edge saved
    passwords?

Anyway, it works now!

vsalyan, Nov 6, 2017
  4. debsawyer Win User

I recommend to stop using Edge, and start using LastPass. There should be a way to copy the contents in Word or Google Docs.

debsawyer, Nov 6, 2017
  5. Tonys317 Win User
    "There should be a way". Yes, I agree there should be. I am hopeful someone knows. This is exactly why I asked my question.

Tonys317, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Want to export passwords from microsoft edge Win 10.Credentials Manage - Similar Threads - export passwords microsoft

2. View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?: Hello,I would like to view the password I have highlighted in the included screenshot link.There aren't any options to view it, and attempts to edit the password have seemingly failed as the password does not update. I have also tried restarting the PC to no avail.I can...
  3. Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?: I never sign in to windows and have never, as far as I know, had to give a windows password.I am trying to see my passwords in credentials manager but it asks for my credentials. I have tried my laptop serial?registration? number, my Microsoft password and my email address. I...
  4. Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?: I never sign in to windows and have never, as far as I know, had to give a windows password.I am trying to see my passwords in credentials manager but it asks for my credentials. I have tried my laptop serial?registration? number, my Microsoft password and my email address. I...
  5. Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...: After the latest updates, Edge is not saving passwords. This occurred a couple of times last year after updates - occurred again after the updates in Jan-Feb 2021. NOT GOOD. I have checked Credential Manager - it is running, I have gone to "save Passwords" in settings -...
  7. How to import or export saved passwords from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to import or export saved passwords from Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]If you want to import or export saved passwords from the Microsoft Edge browser, then this article will be helpful for you. For this, you […] This article How to import or export saved passwords from Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Exporting Edge passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exporting Edge passwords: How can I export my edge web site passwords to a .csv file to import to chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exporting-edge-passwords/39a420e7-2cb5-4697-9804-8a1262970ac5
  9. Credential Manager passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Credential Manager passwords: In the control panel >credential manager >after expanded I cant view my passwords how do i display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager-passwords/adbd9b22-b8e0-4a8a-8a48-b96217641562
  10. Microsoft Edge Password Manager

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Password Manager: Hi, I have just upgraded to Windows Ten and very impressed so far. I also really like Edge, but have a few issues which hopefully I can get help with. 1. The password manager does not work and neither does the autocomplete forms. They are both turned on in advanced...