Windows 10: Want to Fall back to Windows 10 Home instead of Windows Pro

Discus and support Want to Fall back to Windows 10 Home instead of Windows Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My system is having the issue with the updates that has taken away my activation that doesn't stay with Pro. I tried the regedit and reinstall ways of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JameelahWright1, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Want to Fall back to Windows 10 Home instead of Windows Pro

My system is having the issue with the updates that has taken away my activation that doesn't stay with Pro. I tried the regedit and reinstall ways of trying to revert it back to home, but it doesn't give me the option to go back. I need some answers or at least a time estimate when the activation servers are going to fix the issue.

:)

JameelahWright1, Nov 18, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Want to Fall back to Windows 10 Home instead of Windows Pro

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Want to Fall back to Windows 10 Home instead of Windows Pro

1. Want to Fall back to Windows 10 Home instead of Windows Pro - Similar Threads - Fall Home instead

2. Bought Windows 10 Pro Instead of Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Windows 10 Pro Instead of Windows 10 Home: Hello,So I decided to purchase a license for Windows 10 which I've been running on my iMac via Boot Camp. However, it turns out that I may have bought the wrong version. I think for whatever reason, when I selected the option to upgrade, the Store brought me to Windows 10 Pro...
  3. Bought Windows 10 Pro Instead of Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought Windows 10 Pro Instead of Windows 10 Home: Hello,So I decided to purchase a license for Windows 10 which I've been running on my iMac via Boot Camp. However, it turns out that I may have bought the wrong version. I think for whatever reason, when I selected the option to upgrade, the Store brought me to Windows 10 Pro...
  4. Bought Windows 10 Pro Instead of Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows home instead of pro

Windows home instead of pro: i used a bootable media to reboot my pc but the time i put my product key back in my pc it showed windows 10 home instead of windows 10 pro. what i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-home-instead-of-pro/d2e64bdf-2e99-493c-8d6c-4531079f85ac
  6. Windows 10 Home installed instead of pro

Windows 10 Home installed instead of pro: My friend did a clean install of windows. He had windows 10 pro which was activated with his account linked to the key. He forgot that the media he used was fir windows 10 home. When he finished everything it said that windows was activated with a digital key linked to your...
  7. Installing Windows 10 Pro instead of Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 Pro instead of Home: I purchased Windows 10 Pro directly from Microsoft. I downloaded and ran the Media Installation Tool. It did not give me an option to select Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro, it just had the option "Windows 10". I ran it from a computer that was already running Pro, and...
  8. Dowloaded Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home

Dowloaded Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home: I accidentally downloaded Windows 10 Pro instead of Home and I am having difficulty switching to Home. I used a disk my Dad gave me to download it (thanks Dad). I tried the reinstall options that wouldn't delete all of my files and they ended up only allowing me to redownload...
  9. Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home was installed

Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home was installed: I purchased a used Dell OptiPlex 7040 with no drives. I purchased a new M.2 SSD and installed it. I purchased Win10 Home and have my key. I downloaded all software to create a USB and the ISO to create a DVD. No matter what I use to install, it always install Win10 Pro...
  10. Windows 10 Home instead of Pro

Windows 10 Home instead of Pro: Hi, I'm having an issue trying to install Windows 10 PRO. Right now I have a 7 home version pre-installed, and I'm trying to install Windows 10 PRO with my OEM key. When I download W10 form Microsoft website and create the bootable device, after starting the...