Windows 10: want to format the current OS and put pro version then format again an

Discus and support want to format the current OS and put pro version then format again an in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2-3 questions. I just want to clear I am a bit weird guy who keeps doing a lot of experiments and I enjoy them a lot I devote a lot of time in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sandila, Dec 17, 2019.

1. sandila Win User

want to format the current OS and put pro version then format again an

I have 2-3 questions. I just want to clear I am a bit weird guy who keeps doing a lot of experiments and I enjoy them a lot I devote a lot of time in my experiments. It is just that I have been a Linux guy and I am new to Windows 10 environment.
    So I want to do a lot of experiments in my current Windows setup which is on my laptop.
    I have a hp laptop which has
    1) Windows 10 home single language edition and microsoft office 2016.
    The current setup has following structure I have a C drive and a recovery drive. The a couple of other things which can be seen in below screenshot.

want to format the current OS and put pro version then format again an [​IMG]

I have been playing with a lot of things in Vmware on this machine now I want to try them on real hardware.
    The first thing I will try is formatting this complete thing and put a different OS may be Kali or some other variant of Linux and then dual boot etc or even try putting mac on this one.
    What I want to know is how do I put all the current setup as it is back in case I have done my experiments or wish to bring every thing in current working condition I do not mind wasting hours to re install all softwares I have taken a full backup of every thing it is just that in past 10 years I did not formatted things above Windows XP. Last time I have used Rufus to format an old laptop which had SATA controller and the XP ISO I had did not had SATA drivers I don't remember now how I had combined SATA controllers in that XP ISO. (In case any one here remembers tools to do so do post their names at least it will help me recall) Today after 10 years I am playing with all kind of things on this machine.
    What I want to know in the above screenshot I see
    a)Disk0 partition 1 260 Mb
    b)Recovery D
    c) C drive
    d) Win RE tools 980 Mb
    what are the purposes of these partitions. When a person begins formatting with Windows ISO or USB then how should I go so that he can format with an ISO to have same structure as it came in factory settings on this machine.

Before I start messing around I want to know what these folders in screenshots rather say what these partitions do ?
    Why are they needed and if I go around formatting whole system with a Linux variant or some other OS and I at a later date want to bring things again back to original state
    1) what should be my approach. How can I do it ? Do I need to create all these partitions like Win RE, Recovery disk, some boot partition and C drive or somthing else can I do.
    I studied about Microsoft medica cretaion tool I have created an ISO from it but that ISO I have not burned on a USB, in case I burn it on a USB what should be correct way to do so.

2)I want to have multiple OS on a bootable USB like Windows 10,Windows 8 , Some Linux variants and then I want to keep formatting with all these OS this laptop.So how can I go doing this?
    Erasing the bootloader and playing with every thing on this machine is what I want to actually try.

How to find out if this is UEFI boot kind of thing to put in Linux along side Windows on this hardware.
    Suppose I mess up every thing badly how can I come back to original state. (taking backup of all device drivers from command line I will prefer)
    I have a
    3) 2TB USB disk where I have 400 Gb space remaining and all backup of this laptop is there.
    2) 2 USB disk one 8 GB , another 32 GB and a 16 GB usb disk to do all experiments.
    I am doing all this for the sake of learning and my enjyoment.So do give your suggestions I will try every thing which I can.
    I like to screw up every thing.

I also have plans to use MDT toolkit to have custom ISO of Windows 10 which I can use as a template to install on other laptops I have access to.So any help in that direction also will be helpful

:)

sandila, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 17, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

1. want to format the current OS and put pro version then format again an - Similar Threads - format current put

2. how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format: I wanted to save windows 10 spotlight pictures so to open them i had to make a command on powershell to convert the pictures to jpg format, so instead of clicking on the folder i had saved the pictures into I clicked on downloaded and now all my downloaded apps and pdfs are...
  3. how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format: I wanted to save windows 10 spotlight pictures so to open them i had to make a command on powershell to convert the pictures to jpg format, so instead of clicking on the folder i had saved the pictures into I clicked on downloaded and now all my downloaded apps and pdfs are...
  4. how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. USB drive - want to be formatted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive - want to be formatted: I have a friend's usb that is suddenly asking to format. He wants me to recover if I can the info from the USB. Any suggestions how to go about this? How to Fix "USB Drive Not Formatted” Error? Trying the CMD tells me it is RAW and cannot do a chkdsk. Device manager says...
  6. HD Disk formatting with OS installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HD Disk formatting with OS installed: Hi everybody: can anyone tell me how to format a hard drive disk with the operating system installed at the same time? Thanks for a helpful answer. Regards, Pablo...
  7. Formated drive and no OS will Load

Formated drive and no OS will Load: I formatted my laptop and now cannot load any OS, I can open the the BIOS to set the Boot option. There are no files at all on the hard drive. there is an error message 0xc00000f showing after I run recovery. Have tried running my Win 10 creation tool but will not load....
  8. want to format the current OS and put pro version then format again an

want to format the current OS and put pro version then format again an: I have 2-3 questions. I just want to clear I am a bit weird guy who keeps doing a lot of experiments and I enjoy them a lot I devote a lot of time in my experiments. It is just that I have been a Linux guy and I am new to Windows 10 environment. So I want to do a lot of...
  9. Format and reinstall OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format and reinstall OS: Computer will not boot as it is locked out with Bit-locker and I've exhausted all means to retrieve the key code needed . Need procedure to format the drive (from dos) from a USB drive in order to do a clean install of windows 10....
  10. wanting to format

wanting to format: Hi, I am in need of reformatting my computer but before I done so I wanted to make sure I was still able to keep my upgrade of windows 10. I done the upgrade before the time ran out in july of 2016. or is there a way I can bypass it?...