Windows 10: Want to get rid of the tabs linked to the sides of my internet screen

Discus and support Want to get rid of the tabs linked to the sides of my internet screen in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hi ... using w10p64, every time i go on the internet, there are a number tabs attached to either both or one side edge of the screen such as facebook,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mipak, Feb 21, 2020.

1. mipak Win User

Want to get rid of the tabs linked to the sides of my internet screen

hi ...

using w10p64, every time i go on the internet, there are a number tabs attached to either both or one side edge of the screen such as facebook, twitter, email, pintrest, gmail, messenger to name but a few ... very, VERY annoying ... i don't have any use for them and they forever get in the way.
    if anyone has any idea of how to ditch them forever, please, i would love to hear from you.

michael

:)

mipak, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Skylark80 Win User

Can't get rid of old device tab syncing in Internet Explorer

It keeps showing up in my IE11 Frequent tab at the bottom, no matter what I do. I deleted it from my device list in my Microsoft account page. I also turned off sync on all my other devices and followed the steps here:

Internet Expolorer 11 Unsync old PC or remove synced devices

and waited till the following morning to reenable sync on all of them. Is there something else I can try to get rid of it?

Skylark80, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 Programs Tab Disappears When Clicked

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What exactly do you mean by program tab disappears after you click it?

• Do you face this issue specific with program tab or all the tab?
    I suggest you to open Internet Option from Command prompt and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to open Internet Options.

1. Press windows + R and type
    inetcpl.cpl.

2. After opening the Internet options check if the issue still persist.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 21, 2020
  4. boardtc Win User

Open two tabs side by side on Google Chrome

There is no way of having two tabs embedded side by side in the chrome interface. Your current solution would be made easier by the use of keyboard shortcuts:

1. WinKey+left arrow to snap chrome to left side of screen
    2. Ctrl+N to open a new Chrome Window
    3. WinKey+right arrow to snap new chrome instance to right side of screen

boardtc, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Want to get rid of the tabs linked to the sides of my internet screen - Similar Threads - rid tabs linked

2. How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?: There is a letter b which looks like comic strip dialogue. Below it is a mirror, a picnic basket, two chess pieces, a tree and some other stuff and "settings" in the lower right corner....
  3. How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?: There is a letter b which looks like comic strip dialogue. Below it is a mirror, a picnic basket, two chess pieces, a tree and some other stuff and "settings" in the lower right corner....
  4. There's a tab open at the top of my screen and I can't get rid of it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There's a tab open at the top of my screen and I can't get rid of it: For some reason there is a google chrome tab at the top of my screen that never goes away, even when I delete all tabs. It is completely different that what I normally have, since I have a background on my google homepage, but it does not show up using this other google tab....
  5. I want to get rid of my pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to get rid of my pin: I made a pin when my laptop updated months ago but I don't want it anymore, I want my default login to be my picture login. But when I try to remove the pin, my settings say I don't have one and that I cannot have one on this laptop. How can I fix it?...
  6. Want to get rid of the tabs linked to the sides of my internet screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to get rid of the tabs linked to the sides of my internet screen: hi ... using w10p64, every time i go on the internet, there are a number tabs attached to either both or one side edge of the screen such as facebook, twitter, email, pintrest, gmail, messenger to name but a few ... very, VERY annoying ... i don't have any use for them and...
  7. how do i get rid of black bars on side of laptop screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get rid of black bars on side of laptop screen?: how do i get rid of black bars on side of laptop screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-black-bars-on-side-of-laptop/cd828ad4-e90d-4cf8-9ca9-7dcb95c9c83b
  8. get rid of these date tabs

in Windows 10 Support
    get rid of these date tabs: By the way, any idea how can i get rid of these "date" tabs? Marked in red boxes. [ATTACH] 137962
  9. Get rid of internet explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Get rid of internet explorer: I have been using this guide to get rid of internet explorer 11 from my computer, however theres still a folder left with some leftover files in the program files folder. I cant delete it because of trustedinstaller. Please help. 128385
  10. Get rid of internet explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Get rid of internet explorer: I have been using this guide to get rid of internet explorer 11 from my computer, however theres still a folder left with some leftover files in the program files folder. I cant delete it because of trustedinstaller. Please help. 128385