Windows 10: Want to go back to Windows 7 but Microsoft won't let me?

Discus and support Want to go back to Windows 7 but Microsoft won't let me? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I installed Windows 10 thinking I was still eligible for the free upgrade, but I wasn't, so since I hate Windows 10 anyway, I thought I'd better go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamuelKristopher, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Want to go back to Windows 7 but Microsoft won't let me?

So I installed Windows 10 thinking I was still eligible for the free upgrade, but I wasn't, so since I hate Windows 10 anyway, I thought I'd better go back to Windows 7.

Unfortunately, when I try to download the official Windows 7 ISO from their website and insert the product code on the side of my system, it says that my copy is one that the manufacturer loaded on, and that I have to contact them for software recovery.

Well, that's stupid. I bought this PC in a different country - I'm not gonna just get on a flight and casually go back to that same shop that I visited almost 7 years ago and expect them to help me fix the device. Obviously that can't work.

So how the hell am I supposed to roll back to Windows 7? I swear, Microsoft makes things so unnecessarily complicated sometimes....

:)

SamuelKristopher, Oct 2, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Want to go back to Windows 7 but Microsoft won't let me? [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Oct 2, 2018
  4. malware Win User

Want to go back to Windows 7 but Microsoft won't let me?

Microsoft Windows 7 RC Available for Download

The wait is over, Microsoft has published the official download page for Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC), that's not some pirated torrent link. Offered now directly from Microsoft are five different language versions (English, German, Japanese, French, and Spanish) of both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 RC. Minimum system specs to run Windows 7 include:
    • 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    • 1 GB RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    • 16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)
    • DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
    Don't waste more time, and go directly to the Windows 7 RC download page.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Want to go back to Windows 7 but Microsoft won't let me?

1. Want to go back to Windows 7 but Microsoft won't let me? - Similar Threads - Microsoft won't let

2. want to go back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to go back: my daughter received a new laptop for xmas , with win 11, when I first turned it on it was win10 s mode and did the update before i even had a chance to backup anything . she wants to go back to win 10 how do i do that? I do not have the go back option either....
  3. want to go back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    want to go back: my daughter received a new laptop for xmas , with win 11, when I first turned it on it was win10 s mode and did the update before i even had a chance to backup anything . she wants to go back to win 10 how do i do that? I do not have the go back option either....
  4. The password screen won't let me type and make go back to the home screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The password screen won't let me type and make go back to the home screen.: https://youtu.be/1YJ8eEFW9o0Is there any way I can fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-password-screen-wont-let-me-type-and-make-go/c4c289e6-1c85-4507-b511-fe2fc95e30d2
  5. The password screen won't let me type and make go back to the home screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The password screen won't let me type and make go back to the home screen.: https://youtu.be/1YJ8eEFW9o0Is there any way I can fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-password-screen-wont-let-me-type-and-make-go/c4c289e6-1c85-4507-b511-fe2fc95e30d2
  6. The password screen won't let me type and make go back to the home screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Microsoft won't let me log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft won't let me log in: Hello, for the past week, I've been trying to log into my Microsoft account, but every time it says "Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.". I'm not sure how to fix this... [ATTACH]...
  8. Window 7 to Windows 10 to Windows 7 want to go back to 10 again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 7 to Windows 10 to Windows 7 want to go back to 10 again: Greetings. I went from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 by invitation download when it was offered by Microsoft a long time ago had it for a long time and liked it very much. I was cruising very well with 10. I was having trouble with my printer (Dell V515w) and found out that...
  9. I want to go back to Windows 7.

I want to go back to Windows 7.: Microsoft freely gave us Windows 10 which is too much for a lot of older computers. Mine can pretty much only open this web browser at this point. Can't to anything else even though I've done a recovery and nothing is on this computer except what was installed by the...
  10. I want to return to 8.1 - but Windows 10 won't let me - HP Stream 7

I want to return to 8.1 - but Windows 10 won't let me - HP Stream 7: I have installed Windows 10 on my HP Stream 7 a few times now (and reverted to 8.1 a few times too!) but when HP recently released some Windows 10-specific drivers for the Stream 7, I decided to give it another go. However, I am not happy with how Windows 10 shows blurry...