Windows 10: Want to have 1 SSD with Windows and 1 with Linux

Discus and support Want to have 1 SSD with Windows and 1 with Linux in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hello! I have 1 SSD with windows 10 currently installed. I have a second empty SSD installed in my pc too, and I want to install Linux on that one in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PeterLemur, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Want to have 1 SSD with Windows and 1 with Linux

hello! I have 1 SSD with windows 10 currently installed. I have a second empty SSD installed in my pc too, and I want to install Linux on that one in order to have the option of running Linux or windows on my pc. How would I go about doing this? Thanks!

submitted by /u/PeterLemur
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PeterLemur, Jan 22, 2021

2. SSD stops and freezes laptop

Couple of updates:

1. I created a Linux boot USB key, and monitored my SSD under Linux, so this is evidently not a Windows issue, and
    2. I loaded new firmware for the SSD, and my system seems to be functioning normally now. What a pleasure using a PC that doesn't consistently freeze up.

Thanks to all y'all for your suggestions!

Regards,

Dave

DavidMiller36415, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Steevo Win User
    Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Get the six core CPU's I listed, at 3.3Ghz per core they will more than handle any calculations you throw at them for years to come, and with matching RAM in tri channel you will have a very strong setup.

My only other suggestion is a full RAID card like the one I listed with SSD's (in RAID 1)for the OS and programs, and then a RAID 5 array for backup and any large files on the board with a offsite final backup

Steevo, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Jefrison Win User

Want to have 1 SSD with Windows and 1 with Linux

M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

Jefrison, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Want to have 1 SSD with Windows and 1 with Linux

1. Want to have 1 SSD with Windows and 1 with Linux - Similar Threads - SSD Linux

2. SSD Upgrade Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD Upgrade Questions: Current Storage: I currently have a Dell Inspiron 27 7775 all-in-one computer with 1TB of HDD as the C: and a 256GB SSD A: drive. I want to: 1. Upgrade the SSD in my system to a Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD 2. Install Windows 10 to the new SSD from a USB drive...
  3. SSD became RAW after switching from Linux to Windows and it´s no longer accesible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD became RAW after switching from Linux to Windows and it´s no longer accesible: Hello, I´ve reinstalled my laptop from Linux Xubuntu to Windows 10. I have to disks in my laptop, 1 SSD 128 GB and 2 HDD 1TB. Before I´ve started using Linux, I´ve had the booting and system on the SSD and I was downloading ma data on HDD but now when I reinstalled it, my SSD...
  4. Win 10 & Linux - which is best to install first on new SSD?

Win 10 & Linux - which is best to install first on new SSD?: Hi folks Title of post says it all really. Trying to breathe new life into a 12 y.o. laptop (just. don't. ask. okay?) Got a brand-new Crucial MX500 SSD to this end (which I can use elsehere if needs be). Which is best to install first - Windows 10 then Linux Mint or Mint...
  5. Auto restart after installing linux on an external ssd.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto restart after installing linux on an external ssd.: Hello, Recently I installed kali kinux on an usb 3.0 portable ssd, it booted up perfectly through the boot menu, but after booting back into windows, the 3.0 ports stopped working and everytime I try to turn off my PC, it boots back up. I've tried several things, like...
  6. Want to Remove default windows 10 from ssd drive and install linux

Want to Remove default windows 10 from ssd drive and install linux: Hello, I have recently purchased a dell g3 3579 series, which come with windows 10 home edition on ssd, I want to install only linux of my systems no dual boot. Please let me know anyway how I can do this....
  7. Cloning my HDD Windows 10 onto a SSD (which currently has Linux installed)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning my HDD Windows 10 onto a SSD (which currently has Linux installed): I am looking for free software that will enable me to be able to clone my Windows 10 operating system and install it onto my SSD drive, which happens to have Linux (Ubuntu 19) installed on it. How would I go about doing this? I have *never* done something like this before so...
  8. Added SSD with dual boot Win & Linux. Help remove Win 7 from 2nd drive

Added SSD with dual boot Win & Linux. Help remove Win 7 from 2nd drive: My PC had a single drive running Win7. I disconnected it, added a SSD, then installed a Win10 and Linux dual boot. Now I want the Terabyte of space and files on the former single drive. My understand is if I power-up with 2 bootable Win drives, bad things can happen. I'm...
  9. Linux Host on external SSD with W10 and W7 VM's on 8GB laptop

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Linux Host on external SSD with W10 and W7 VM's on 8GB laptop: Hi there I've seen loads of posts almost flaming me for saying running a Windows VM with VMWARE workstation or player from a Linux HOST OS booted from an external SSD would have terrible performance. (I.e boot the Linux OS and from its VMware menu--> power on--> Windows...
  10. Moving an SSD holding a dual boot Win10 & Linux to another PC

Moving an SSD holding a dual boot Win10 & Linux to another PC: I had a netbook with an SSD dual booting a copy of Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 and Xubuntu. The netbook has totally died, becoming unusable and I am building a new desktop PC for my g/son. I know it it fairly easy to move the Xubuntu and that Windows can also be moved...