Windows 10: Want to have Windows 10 remember the last language setting when PC resumes from sleep or...

Discus and support Want to have Windows 10 remember the last language setting when PC resumes from sleep or... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 on Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th gen. (both US versions, keyboard layout is US 101). My default language is set to English, but I also set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RoadieJ, Apr 13, 2019.

1. RoadieJ Win User

Want to have Windows 10 remember the last language setting when PC resumes from sleep or...

I use Windows 10 on Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th gen. (both US versions, keyboard layout is US 101). My default language is set to English, but I also set Japanese as my second language. I use Windows key + space bar to switch between those two languages, and use Alt + ` keys to switch between Kana and alphanumeric on Japanese Microsoft IME.

My problem: when the PC resumes from sleep or hibernate, the language setting didn't remember the last language setting and reverts to the default (English). This is annoying when I am working intensively using Japanese. Any solution to let the OS remember the last language setting?

:)

RoadieJ, Apr 13, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Garbagean Win User
    Keyboard layout switches to non-default layout/language after resume from sleep

English is already set to default. I'm having same problem on multiple computers. When resuming from sleep OR shut down, they switch to the next language (DE) on the list. I have all language bar keyboard shortcuts disabled.

Garbagean, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Anvi123 Win User

Want to have Windows 10 remember the last language setting when PC resumes from sleep or...

Keyboard language changes after resume from sleep

I use English as my windows 10 operating system interface language, but with an Italian keyboard layout.

I can have this desired configuration by setting English as the default language in control panel and then changing the keyboard layout manually, from the language icon on the lower right end of the screen.

However, every time my pc resumes from sleep, I find that the keyboard layout has been reset to English and I have to set it manually again. This behavior is quite annoying, does anyone know how to prevent it?

Anvi123, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Want to have Windows 10 remember the last language setting when PC resumes from sleep or... - Similar Threads - remember last language

2. Issue with the Taskbar when resume from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with the Taskbar when resume from sleep.: Hi,I am facing issue with my taskbar which goes weird after system wake from sleep. Even post all upgrades to Windows 11. Issue is still is persisting. It feels better not to put system to sleep because after awaking only option left is to reboot the windows and kill all open...
  3. Issue with the Taskbar when resume from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with the Taskbar when resume from sleep.: Hi,I am facing issue with my taskbar which goes weird after system wake from sleep. Even post all upgrades to Windows 11. Issue is still is persisting. It feels better not to put system to sleep because after awaking only option left is to reboot the windows and kill all open...
  4. PC regularly shuts down and restarts when resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC regularly shuts down and restarts when resuming from sleep: Recently, about once a day, my PC shuts down with no warning or Windows crash, a few seconds after resuming from sleep. Just dramatically switches off and restarts. Don't know where to start! Any help appreciated. Windows 10 20H2 173378
  5. Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode: I have an Lenovo PC running Windows 10 successfully for many years. Recently going back 2 or 3 Windows updates ago, it stopped resuming from sleep mode by using my Space Bar. Now I have to restart Windows with the power button. I read many posted questions with similar...
  6. Windows 10 no ipv6 on resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 no ipv6 on resume from sleep: I have had this problem for the longest time and it is still happening with Windows 10 ver 2004. On my Surface Pro 7 and Surface Go 2 both now on Windows 10-2004, they will fail to obtain ipv6 addresses on SLAAC networks on resume from sleep for more than 1 minute. If I...
  7. BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode: Hello, Ever since I upgraded to W10 Pro (from W8.1 Pro) my PC has started bluescreening when resuming from Sleep. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT is the most common one, and the only one that has occured so far after upgrade to Build 10586 (upgraded 2015-11-13). BSODs...
  8. BSOD on regular basis when resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on regular basis when resuming from sleep: Hello everybody, I have freshly installed Windows 10 Home 64 on Samsung 850 EVO 500 Gb SSD. From the install time I getting regular BSOD's, but only in one typical scenario: after 4th or 5th time when pc resumed from sleep, other ways the pc runs perfectly. Getting...
  9. Delayed resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Delayed resume from sleep: I installed an SSD in my laptop. Occasionally, when I resume from sleep mode, the computer becomes unresponsive. It does this for about 30 seconds. I can't remember if it was doing this before I installed the new drive. Today it's been doing it almost every time I open the...
  10. Resume from sleep issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from sleep issue: Hi everyone. I had some trouble today with my computer. I seem to have fixed it, but thought I would share my experience to see if I can help others who may be having similar issues. System Specifications ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD FX-6300 4 GB 1333 mhz GSkill RAM...