Windows 10: Want to Install Windows 10 on Used SSD

Discus and support Want to Install Windows 10 on Used SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to install a used SSD from the family, set the SSD to master, and move the current HHDs with Windows 10 to slaves. I have a Windows 10 digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matchu Williams, May 24, 2020.

1. Want to Install Windows 10 on Used SSD

I want to install a used SSD from the family, set the SSD to master, and move the current HHDs with Windows 10 to slaves. I have a Windows 10 digital license that is active with my Microsoft Account. I used Windows Media Creation Tool to generate an ISO.

I am unable to burn the ISO to DVD nor do I have a USB thumb drive large enough for the generated ISO to fit onto.

The SSD has a different installation of Windows 7. I have access to the login credential and can start it independently. After logging in, mounting the Windows 10 ISO, and starting setup, I am prompted for a produce license key from the installer. There is no other option available to circumvent the key request and I'm at a loss what to do next.

What should I do to have a fresh installation of Windows 10 on the SSD using the digital license?

:)

Matchu Williams, May 24, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 24, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 24, 2020
  4. Want to Install Windows 10 on Used SSD

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Hi guys,
    Okay, so I wanted to know, I currently have a pc at home with a paid Windows 7 installed. I am getting a new computer either Friday or Monday with an SSD. Seeing as I want Windows 10 now and not 7 and I want it on my SSD how to I get to do this. I already downloaded a Windows 10 file in order to make one of my flash drives eligible for a windows 10 installation.

Will it be possible for me to just install windows 10 on the new SSD with this flash drive using my Windows 7 key, whilst my original windows 7 is still installed on the old Hard drive. And if it is how to I go about deleting my old OS from the HDD, seeing as I also want to use that HDD in my new pc, without formatting all the games I have on it currently?

Thank you in advance

MichaelDFF, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Want to Install Windows 10 on Used SSD

1. Want to Install Windows 10 on Used SSD - Similar Threads - Install Used SSD

2. I want to install windows in ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to install windows in ssd: I want to ssd install and windows in ssd by online support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-install-windows-in-ssd/41259377-14db-45df-b740-e45a74b03a2b
  3. I want to install windows in ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to install windows in ssd: I want to ssd install and windows in ssd by online support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-install-windows-in-ssd/41259377-14db-45df-b740-e45a74b03a2b
  4. I want to install windows in ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem installing used ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem installing used ssd: Is it possible to install a used SSD from my laptop into my new desktop because I tried and tried but still getting an error stating that it's possible has write protection on it and another error said there a conflict with I/O..I tried diskpart but the SSD doesn't show up...
  6. I want to boot with SSD but can not install OS in SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to boot with SSD but can not install OS in SSD: Hello all... My laptop have both SSD and HDD. Windows is currently installed in HDD, but I want to install windows 10 in my SSD to boot faster. When I try to install windows in my SSD, I got an error that says windows cannot be installed to this disk because it's not...
  7. I want to boot with SSD but can not install OS in SSD

I want to boot with SSD but can not install OS in SSD: Hello all... My laptop have both SSD and HDD. Windows is currently installed in HDD, but I want to install windows 10 in my SSD to boot faster. When I try to install windows in my SSD, I got an error that says windows cannot be installed to this disk because it's not...
  8. want to re-install Windows 10 Pro and replace the SSD with 1TB,

want to re-install Windows 10 Pro and replace the SSD with 1TB,: I purchased a used PC: HP Z440, with Windows 10 Pro in an SSD 250GBI want to re-install Windows 10 Pro and replace the SSD with 1TB, so as Not needed buy the Windows 10 Pro Is this process preferred:>>> Burn Windows 10 21H1 in a DVD, AND REPLACE SSD 250GB with an SSD 1TB, and...
  9. HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD

HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD: Hello There, I have purchased a laptop Model: 81DE(Lenovo Ideapad330-15IKB U) with preinstalled genuine windows in it activated by digital lisense. Now I have installed SSD drive and want to install Windows 10 into the SSD drive, How to install windows 10 into that drive??...
  10. W10 Install put Bootfiles on the SSD that I wanted to use for IRST

W10 Install put Bootfiles on the SSD that I wanted to use for IRST: The Windows 10 Installer put Bootfiles on the SSD that I wanted to use for Intel Rapid Storage Technology's Intel Smart Response Technology, you know the one where you can boost a regular hard drive with an SSD as a 60GB cache. It always worked well for me and was cheaper...