Windows 10: Want to know where icons are hidden (stored) in Windows 10, so I can use them as I please...

Discus and support Want to know where icons are hidden (stored) in Windows 10, so I can use them as I please... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have searched hi & low and elsewhere inside of Windows 10 to find where all the icons are stored so I can create a database or spreadsheet and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TemporaryUser0101, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Want to know where icons are hidden (stored) in Windows 10, so I can use them as I please...

I have searched hi & low and elsewhere inside of Windows 10 to find where all the icons are stored so I can create a database or spreadsheet and copy/paste them as needed inside documents I will be creating. I find it is better to show the icons when referring to quoted documents that are intended for showing how to do something on a desktop computer plus it helps to teach inexperienced users what the icons actually mean for later reference of the inexperienced user. I am sure they all are not stored in one single location because that would be too simple and too easy. Thank you!

:)

TemporaryUser0101, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Want to know where icons are hidden (stored) in Windows 10, so I can use them as I please...

How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Want to know where icons are hidden (stored) in Windows 10, so I can use them as I please... :D

PVTCaboose1337, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Want to know where icons are hidden (stored) in Windows 10, so I can use them as I please...

1. Want to know where icons are hidden (stored) in Windows 10, so I can use them as I please... - Similar Threads - where icons are

2. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  3. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  4. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can scvhost.exe backup files? If so, where can I find them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can scvhost.exe backup files? If so, where can I find them?: Poking around my computer trying to figure this out. submitted by /u/horr1fyinq [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/harond/can_scvhostexe_backup_files_if_so_where_can_i/
  6. Icons minimize to hidden tray when I want them to stay on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons minimize to hidden tray when I want them to stay on taskbar: Apps such as steam, discord, wallpaper engine minimize to the hidden tray whether I click the close or minimize button, and it is frustrating. Other programs, like Kaspersky anti-virus or windows defender minimize to the task bar when I click minimize, so it might be a bug....
  7. how can i place desktop icons where i want them

how can i place desktop icons where i want them: how can i place desktop icons where i want them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-place-desktop-icons-where-i-want-them/7c83c79e-b794-49fa-9fdd-4079d50e99fc
  8. I want to know where is this place?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to know where is this place?: I want to know where is this place? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-where-is-this-place/e3c518c9-de22-4ef9-b06d-0278f8c42d05
  9. I want to know please.

I want to know please.: How to change font size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-want-to-know-please/d2621481-56a8-4ce0-b20a-212278bbc923
  10. Taskbar hidden icons are tiny - can I embiggen them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar hidden icons are tiny - can I embiggen them?: Hello, The icons in the 'Show Hidden Icons' pop up of the taskbar are so tiny (and badly designed, but that's another issue) that they're almost indecipherable. Is there any way (other than scaling up the whole desktop/display) to enlarge them? Here's how crazily small they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where are the deleted icons stored so that i can see them