Windows 10: want to make ISO file for winx backup.

Discus and support want to make ISO file for winx backup. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to make a backup ISO file of my Windows 10 installation USB. When I built my PC, I opted to purchase a DOWNLOADABLE USB installation of WINX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Crispylongerthan, Aug 4, 2019.

1. want to make ISO file for winx backup.

I want to make a backup ISO file of my Windows 10 installation USB.

When I built my PC, I opted to purchase a DOWNLOADABLE USB installation of WINX Home, directly from Microsoft store (6/2/19). I simply followed instructions to immediately burn Flash drive image using a Microsoft provided tool.

I was puzzled that I was not provided a key of any kind, yet everything worked. I didn't worry about the details at the time, because I was more concerned with getting my new PC hardware working.

NOW - I'm looking at the expensive 32GB flash drive with about 4GB of data for the WINX Installation burned on the Flash Drive. I want to use this USB Flash drive for other purposes! I want to save that installation to a ISO file, OR WHATEVER single file works best to archive my WINX Installation onto my HDD backup disk. I want that single file to be burnable back to a Flash drive OR CD/DVD if needed. I also want my license key!!!

I know there are ISO burners that could do this with CD installations, on previous windows versions. I also know there are ways to extract your Windows key, from a current installation of Windows, but I don't recall how or IF this still option with WINX.

Can someone respond with a complete solution that allows me to store my windows USB installer into a single ISO (or whatever) file that can easily be burned back to USB/CD/DVD when needed - AND obtain my KEY?

I can provide proof of purchase to qualified Microsoft personnel if needed!

FYI - Logging into my Microsoft account and viewing Purchase History only provides confirmation of purchase and NOTHING ELSE!! No reference to installation, key or even guidance to BASIC concerns a consumer might have!

:)

Crispylongerthan, Aug 4, 2019

2. want to make ISO file for winx backup.

I want to make a backup ISO file of my Windows 10 installation USB.

When I built my PC, I opted to purchase a DOWNLOADABLE USB installation of WINX Home, directly from Microsoft store (6/2/19). I simply followed instructions to immediately burn Flash drive image using a Microsoft provided tool.

I was puzzled that I was not provided a key of any kind, yet everything worked. I didn't worry about the details at the time, because I was more concerned with getting my new PC hardware working.

NOW - I'm looking at the expensive 32GB flash drive with about 4GB of data for the WINX Installation burned on the Flash Drive. I want to use this USB Flash drive for other purposes! I want to save that installation to a ISO file, OR WHATEVER single file
    works best to archive my WINX Installation onto my HDD backup disk. I want that single file to be burnable back to a Flash drive OR CD/DVD if needed. I also want my license key!!!

I know there are ISO burners that could do this with CD installations, on previous windows versions. I also know there are ways to extract your Windows key, from a current installation of Windows, but I don't recall how or IF this still option with WINX.

Can someone respond with a complete solution that allows me to store my windows USB installer into a single ISO (or whatever) file that can easily be burned back to USB/CD/DVD when needed - AND obtain my KEY?

I can provide proof of purchase to qualified Microsoft personnel if needed!

FYI - Logging into my Microsoft account and viewing Purchase History only provides confirmation of purchase and NOTHING ELSE!! No reference to installation, key or even guidance to BASIC concerns a consumer might have!

Crispylongerthan, Sep 29, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

4. timta2 Win User

want to make ISO file for winx backup.

Need ISO maker

Um, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UDF the DVD format?

"The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media, but an ISO image might also contain a UDF file system."

ISO image - Wikipedia

timta2, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

want to make ISO file for winx backup.

1. want to make ISO file for winx backup. - Similar Threads - ISO file winx

2. Using a CMD file to automatically make a backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using a CMD file to automatically make a backup: Hi, I'm trying to write a CMD file a "backup" of sorts to run in Windows 10 Pro. I would like the CMD file to: - start automatically when Windows starts - copy some files to a USB drive - run only one time for any specific day I know the commands to use to get the files...
  3. WINX folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINX folders: After the latest update from Microsoft, ALL the WINX folders all users have been deleted. Where are they now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winx-folders/afb5d058-4680-4cd8-ad7c-b823e84ac233
  4. File History Backup making multiple copies

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History Backup making multiple copies: Have a 1TB BU external drive that I noticed was getting filled up.<br>Found one of the problems in my "File History" where I saw multiple copies of the same data.<br>I've attached a small sample of one section of "File History" and the "Properties of 1 of the multiple files,...
  5. WinX's Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    WinX's Shortcuts: WinX is 1 of your best friends in Win10. Ironic includes Run & accesses items without Run, anymore. Anyway, WinX has K/B shortcuts, you don't even need to bother opening your 'good friend'; know the shortcuts, instead . WinX+the underlined letters Above the red dots & voila...
  6. WinX menu duplicates

WinX menu duplicates: After recovering my computer, the WinX menu is displaying duplicates of most items: task manager, powershell, run, etc... Does anyone know how to correct this? Thanks, in advance!...
  7. I do not want to BACKUP my files.

I do not want to BACKUP my files.: Every time I log-on I get a message that's not compatible with me, YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED MY BACKUP FOR A WHILE? I want to get rid of it? Regards, Jeff Gordon...
  8. Make a copy or Backup files of my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make a copy or Backup files of my PC: Dear Sirs of MS Support Team and Community: After months of waiting the solution to get a Backup files and that, this possibility came at middle of March of 2019 now, shows up a new code error 0x8100002f with a warning that alert: some files has not been Backed up...
  9. how to make an iso file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to make an iso file?: so I want to make an iso file but I don't trust a lot of 3rd party tools and don't have any way to create an iso file. can I have some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-an-iso-file/eb54ad5b-3f7e-414e-ba26-44a85b40df03"
  10. Backup ISO?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup ISO?: I have already installed the Anniversary build on my 2 laptops but I would like to know if I can download the ISO for this build so that I can use it as a repair disk, but I can't find a download that doesn't want to install straight away. A link to a suitable one would be...