Windows 10: Want to move a Downloads folder to OneDrive - which one - does it matter.

Discus and support Want to move a Downloads folder to OneDrive - which one - does it matter. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK, I am going to tackle these questions one at a time. I have a Downloads folder in "This PC" and I have a Downloads folder in Users\myID. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by roninrr2, Jan 8, 2019.

1. roninrr2 Win User

Want to move a Downloads folder to OneDrive - which one - does it matter.

OK, I am going to tackle these questions one at a time.

I have a Downloads folder in "This PC" and I have a Downloads folder in Users\myID.

I have a OneDrive folder just above "This PC" and a OneDrive folder in Users\myID.

I realize that the Downloads folder is the same in both places as is the OneDrive folder.

I want to move (do I really mean move) the Downloads folder into the OneDrive folder.

1) So does it make any difference if I move it from the Users\myID folder or from the "This PC" folder (it doesn't, does it)?

2) But more importantly, if I Move it, I will be really moving it whereas if I Copy it, I will be duplicating the Downloads folder, won't I?

(I asking this for verification that I "know" (or do I) what is going on because I have Documents folders at all of the locations I specified above and the Documents folder in This PC and in Users\myID is different than the Documents folder in OneDrive.)

So if I have all of my good stuff in the Documents folder outside of OneDrive, it is not actually being copied and backed up on OneDrive, is it?.

Am I starting to figure this stuff out.

ron in round rock

:)

roninrr2, Jan 8, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Want to move a Downloads folder to OneDrive - which one - does it matter.

Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Want to move a Downloads folder to OneDrive - which one - does it matter.

1. Want to move a Downloads folder to OneDrive - which one - does it matter. - Similar Threads - move Downloads folder

2. move downloads folder to onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move downloads folder to onedrive: I wanted to sync my general "This PC\Downloads" folder to One Drive. I was able to successfully do so; however, it didn't create a "Downloads" folder in OneDrive and instead just synced all folders in both OneDrive and Downloads except Personal Vault.Now, in Windows Explorer,...
  3. move downloads folder to onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    move downloads folder to onedrive: I wanted to sync my general "This PC\Downloads" folder to One Drive. I was able to successfully do so; however, it didn't create a "Downloads" folder in OneDrive and instead just synced all folders in both OneDrive and Downloads except Personal Vault.Now, in Windows Explorer,...
  4. Download folder moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download folder moved: My Windows 10 Download folder has been moved to my Music folder and I need help to get it back to where it was.When I try to get access to it the following message appears.F:Downloads is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or...
  5. Which folders are safe to move?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which folders are safe to move?: So I get a new drive, which is significantly bigger than my old drive. My old drive has all the folders (like user files, documents, programs, etc) but it's almost full and I'm hoping to move a lot of the folders to my new drive. However, I was wondering which folders would...
  6. Does it matter whether Desktop in Onedrive folder or Computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does it matter whether Desktop in Onedrive folder or Computer?: Hello I do not want to use OneDrive and it's cloud services. My Desktop is in my OneDrive folder. Does it matter if I leave it there or move the files to My Desktop on my computer. What are the advantages or disadvantages of doing this? If I do it, how do I make the My...
  7. Moving download folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving download folder: Hi, I have moved the download folder (win10, 2004) from the C drive to a backup drive and now I have 2 download folders. When I delete files/folders in the original folder on C it also deletes the same files in the moved folder on the backup drive. Why is that? 159630
  8. Moving OneDrive folders

Moving OneDrive folders: How do i move my documents and photos from OneDrive to my computer or google drive? The save icon is grayed out and cannot be used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-onedrive-folders/72ea425b-90ee-4ba8-93e3-a3501de7c1cb"
  9. OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared

OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared: In File Manager I selected two folders in the OneDrive Documents folder and moved them into another folder in Documents. The folders disappeared, but were not in the other Documents folder. I searched on my PC for them and they weren't found. I looked in OneDrive online and...
  10. Surface Pro 6 pen. Does it matter which one I get?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6 pen. Does it matter which one I get?: Really in need for a pen to do some photoshop work with my new Surface Pro 6. I was wondering if I should use a the pen (the one that came with the SP4), instead of paying $130 CAD for a simple plastic pen. But the thing is will the older pen support tilt and will it have the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move downloads to onedrive

2. move downloads folder to onedrive

3. Move downloads to one drive

4. should i move downloads location to onedrive