Windows 10: Want to open/run an app but everything is disabled by my administrator.

Discus and support Want to open/run an app but everything is disabled by my administrator. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying to open an app but everything is disabled on my computer. When I open it, it would tell me:[ATTACH] For CMD: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LaiYe Qi, Mar 5, 2019.

1. LaiYe Qi Win User

Want to open/run an app but everything is disabled by my administrator.

Hello,

I have been trying to open an app but everything is disabled on my computer. When I open it, it would tell me: Want to open/run an app but everything is disabled by my administrator. eb43801a-78aa-45db-ad25-cf83b1349c0a?upload=true.png

For CMD:

Want to open/run an app but everything is disabled by my administrator. 475dbfc6-aeb8-4fff-9813-59b9c99f9be4?upload=true.png

For regedit:

Want to open/run an app but everything is disabled by my administrator. 69698604-a8ae-42d6-9eb0-476a26c96d6d?upload=true.png

For gpedit:

Want to open/run an app but everything is disabled by my administrator. 455a7fbb-98cb-4324-ba1c-5e105e93865d?upload=true.png

For Control Panel and Run (Windows+R)

Want to open/run an app but everything is disabled by my administrator. 0405e0dc-3462-4a73-bf98-45b2c6d5cade?upload=true.png

I have tried all these methods to open an app I want to use, but it still doesn't work because of all these restrictions placed on my Windows 10 laptop. Could anyone help me? Thanks.

:)

LaiYe Qi, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Want to open/run an app but everything is disabled by my administrator. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    "Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Want to open/run an app but everything is disabled by my administrator. - Similar Threads - open run app

2. Everything runs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything runs as Administrator: Good dayI made a mistake while installing NASM where I completely messed up my path variable and since then VS Code and other applications run as administrator.I would like to post screenshots of my current path variables and would like to ask whether there is some admin or...
  3. Everything runs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything runs as Administrator: Good dayI made a mistake while installing NASM where I completely messed up my path variable and since then VS Code and other applications run as administrator.I would like to post screenshots of my current path variables and would like to ask whether there is some admin or...
  4. Everything runs as Administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How Can I Disable Run As Administrator For An App?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Disable Run As Administrator For An App?: I want to run an application without administrator but I don't know how to do it. help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-run-as-administrator-for-an-app/947003c8-a751-4c63-b148-8ba53ee814ee
  6. How Can I Disable Run As Administrator For An App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Disable Run As Administrator For An App?: I want to run an application without administrator but I don't know how to do it. help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-run-as-administrator-for-an-app/947003c8-a751-4c63-b148-8ba53ee814ee
  7. I Want to Run Everything in Windows 10 as Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I Want to Run Everything in Windows 10 as Administrator: I want to run everything in Windows 10 as administrator, so that the blue-and-yellow shield icons will be removed. 175459
  8. I Want to Run Everything in Windows 10 as Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    I Want to Run Everything in Windows 10 as Administrator: I want to run everything in Windows 10 as administrator, so that the blue-and-yellow shield icons will be removed. 175459
  9. After Restore, everything is running as Administrator, whether I want it to or not

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Restore, everything is running as Administrator, whether I want it to or not: After Restore, everything is running as Administrator, whether I want it to or not. OneDrive won't run, because it says it CAN'T run as Administrator, but I didn't select Run as Administrator, and those boxes aren't checked in the Shortcut. But it's not just OneDrive, it's...
  10. i want to run as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    i want to run as administrator: I want to run as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-run-as-administrator/6e438fc3-1396-446f-aac5-6a438c7804c1