Windows 10: Want To Perform a repair Upgrade

Discus and support Want To Perform a repair Upgrade in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I want to perform a repair upgrade. So should I use the Windows 10 ISO or the MediaCreationTool ?And please also provide the steps to perform a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SanjaySenJD, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Want To Perform a repair Upgrade

Hello, I want to perform a repair upgrade. So should I use the Windows 10 ISO or the MediaCreationTool ?And please also provide the steps to perform a repair upgrade.

:)

SanjaySenJD, Nov 26, 2021

2. Stuck in a loop after windows performed repair

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information I would like you to provide the information stated below;

• Which troubleshooting steps did you performed?
    • Can you provide the error code/message you receive when the steps failed?
    For now, I suggest that you perform repair in-place upgrade on the current operating system, this will just fixes/ repairs the issues with any corrupted system files and will not restore any lost data prior to this.

In-place upgrade is to repair the current state of your operating system. Also, the issues with built-in apps on Windows 10 would be fixed when you perform the repair.

Refer: How
    to: perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file
    by
    Andre Da Costa and check if it helps.

Also refer to: Reset your PC

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 26, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Troubleshoot Windows updates after an in place upgrade repair

Multiple troubleshooting steps had failed to fix net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.
    And multiple in place upgrades failed.

Modifications were made on each in place upgrade.
    The last one fixed the net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.

The computer is functioning normally now except for these 5 Windows updates.

Had the in place upgrade failed I was planning to custom install.
    This requires reinstallation of drivers and applications.

With the last in place working I was considering another in place upgrade repair.

What repair methods are you suggesting that were not already performed after the last in place upgrade repair?

zbook, Nov 26, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

Want To Perform a repair Upgrade

Cannot update to 1903

In place upgrade repairs and Windows upgrades cannot be performed successfully while in safe mode.

Instead perform upgrades while in clean boot.

Once you have ran through the steps in the upgrade check list then perform an upgrade in clean boot using the Windows 10 iso.

It may be successful after running through the check list.
    If not it should generate the better error code.
    Panther logs can be scanned to see if there are focused troubleshooting steps.

zbook, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

Want To Perform a repair Upgrade

1. Want To Perform a repair Upgrade - Similar Threads - Perform repair Upgrade

2. How to perform repair upgrade in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to perform repair upgrade in Windows 11: Technical Level: Intermediate.Applies to: All Windows 11 editions.Revision: 1.0. Summary: If you are facing multiple issues with your Windows 11 installation, you can perform repair install with an in-place upgrade aka repair upgrade to fix such issues at once. Using the...
  3. How to perform repair upgrade in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to perform repair upgrade in Windows 11: Technical Level: Intermediate.Applies to: All Windows 11 editions.Revision: 1.0. Summary: If you are facing multiple issues with your Windows 11 installation, you can perform repair install with an in-place upgrade aka repair upgrade to fix such issues at once. Using the...
  4. Want To Perform a repair Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want To Perform a repair Upgrade: Hello, I want to perform a repair upgrade. So should I use the Windows 10 ISO or the MediaCreationTool ?And please also provide the steps to perform a repair upgrade....
  5. Want To Perform a repair Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Want To Perform a repair Upgrade: Hello, I want to perform a repair upgrade. So should I use the Windows 10 ISO or the MediaCreationTool ?And please also provide the steps to perform a repair upgrade....
  6. Windows is not performing startup repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is not performing startup repair: Cant able to log on in normal mode. Have to use Safe Mode. The startup repair could not be performed. Help needed. Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-not-performing-startup-repair/eaa92356-cdb0-4fb5-9069-8518605624e0
  7. Repair Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Upgrade: I am trying to repair upgrade windows 10 but this error returns Please helpIs MS edge not in windows 10I am now in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repair-upgrade/6ee9296a-239e-4ac6-967b-d145fb4dc7b9
  8. Unable to Perform Repair Upgrade with ISO File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Perform Repair Upgrade with ISO File: Hello, I'm trying to solve another problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/system-settings-closes-immediately-after-opening/7b8e402e-df34-4dc5-bc2c-d8a664e8a5b2?tm=1593889149598&auth=1 with a repair upgrade, but now the repair...
  9. Problem in performing repair upgrade.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem in performing repair upgrade.: Since, last week I am having a problem regarding my windows defender. It is not showing anything the whole screen has gone blank just leaving the two lines. When I checked on net others were having this problem too. I followed the solutions recommended to them. Most of them...
  10. Performed in place windows repair install

in Windows 10 Support
    Performed in place windows repair install: So, I did an inplace windows repair install. I've done this plenty of times before, however, this time.... I lost a significant amount of storage space on the C Drive. I performed a disk cleanup there afterwards and was only able to ditch 25 gb. I'm still down roughly about...