Windows 10: Want to play games but I keep getting a error

Discus and support Want to play games but I keep getting a error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So I want to play a game from unreal engine but keep getting a error. Same with Steamvr. The error is shown in the picture. I checked and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Figarosowner, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Want to play games but I keep getting a error

/u/Figarosowner, Sep 28, 2020

2. Getting .exe error while playing game on Windows 10

Hello Anuroop,

We realize your concern in this regard. Let us know few things to analyze the issue.

• What is the exact error message you're getting?
    • Is this issue specific to that particular game?
    • How about playing other games?
    If possible, suggest you to check this issue by uninstall and reinstalling the game to see if it makes any difference in the situation. Most probably this should fix the issue. In case problem still persist, then give us above detailsto analyze the issue
    and guide you further.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 28, 2020
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Want to play games but I keep getting a error

Getting BSOD while playing games

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, in order to get to the root cause of the issue, please reply with the following details:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.
    • Does this issue occur only while playing a game?

Usually, Blue Screen error occurs when there is an outdated driver installed or any in compatible hardware connected to the computer. As you have mentioned that all the drivers are updated, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, I would request you to share the minidump file with us so that we can analyze it and help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. You can locate mini dump file in location:
    c:\windows\minidump. Please upload the files in OneDrive and share the OneDrive link.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Want to play games but I keep getting a error

1. Want to play games but I keep getting a error - Similar Threads - play games keep

2. I keep getting BSOD while playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting BSOD while playing a game.: Hello, i keep getting a BSOD while playing a game. I tried googling DumpStack codes but didn't find anything so i figured im gonna look for help here.These are the ones that i got recently and i would be really grateful if i could get and idea how to deal with it. I also want...
  3. I keep getting BSOD while playing a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting BSOD while playing a game.: Hello, i keep getting a BSOD while playing a game. I tried googling DumpStack codes but didn't find anything so i figured im gonna look for help here.These are the ones that i got recently and i would be really grateful if i could get and idea how to deal with it. I also want...
  4. I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when playing games.: Please guide me on how to fix blue screen and it only happens on games and espacially roblox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-wheauncorrectableerror-when-playing/4baa23ec-4b3d-45a7-a812-a5573043fdbb
  5. I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when playing games.

I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when playing games.: Please guide me on how to fix blue screen and it only happens on games and espacially roblox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-wheauncorrectableerror-when-playing/4baa23ec-4b3d-45a7-a812-a5573043fdbb
  6. I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11: I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-an-error-message-when-playing-games/6f07cbb8-314f-4d83-97bb-a89999a7c4df
  7. I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11

I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11: I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-an-error-message-when-playing-games/6f07cbb8-314f-4d83-97bb-a89999a7c4df
  8. I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when playing games.: This BSOD has occurred on Roblox and Phasmophobia, This error never happens when not in a game. I have 3 minidump files if that helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-wheauncorrectableerror-when-playing/4939c8a3-7076-4fff-be9f-a9887dcfb229
  9. I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when playing games.

I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when playing games.: This BSOD has occurred on Roblox and Phasmophobia, This error never happens when not in a game. I have 3 minidump files if that helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-wheauncorrectableerror-when-playing/4939c8a3-7076-4fff-be9f-a9887dcfb229
  10. Keep getting blue screens whenever i play games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting blue screens whenever i play games: Whenever i play games on my laptop my screen freezes and a blue screen pops up and restarts my laptop, been getting different kinds of blue screen errors, there were: DPC Watchdog Violation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER Could someone help me?...