Windows 10: Want to record install card game data from very old CD to USB drive

Discus and support Want to record install card game data from very old CD to USB drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I really don't know how old this Microsoft Bicycle Card Game CD is but would guess 10-15 years. I was able to install it on my Win 10 PC (ver 1903_OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GARoss, Aug 28, 2019.

1. GARoss Win User

Want to record install card game data from very old CD to USB drive

I really don't know how old this Microsoft Bicycle Card Game CD is but would guess 10-15 years. I was able to install it on my Win 10 PC (ver 1903_OS Build 18362.295) because I have a Blu-ray/DVD drive but my wife's PC (ver 1903_OS Build 18362.295) doesn't. We need to install from USB drive.

I tried copying the data from the disc to a USB drive but when installing the install fails at a point where it says, "Media Authentication Failed, quitting setup". Not sure what that means but we do have the product key which was never prompted to key in on my PC. I tried making an ISO file but had the same install error.

Not sure what else to do.

Any suggestions?

:)

GARoss, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Install CD RECORDER GP 50 - Windows 10

Hi Bernie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the model of the PC?

I suggest you to go through the Hardware Installation section in the
    Owner’s Manual
    to know to install the CD recorder. If the drive is not recognized by Windows after installing, try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 28, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Want to record install card game data from very old CD to USB drive

Installing an old game via CD.

I am trying to install an old game via CD, but I can't install the game because it requires Windows XP to Windows 7 to install. If it helps, I am using Windows 10 Pro. I have tried to find Compatibility Mode for the CD Drive via File Explorer. Does anyone
    know a workaround?

P.S. The game cannot be digitally downloaded.

Thanks, Walleyed.

WalleyedArc6325, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Want to record install card game data from very old CD to USB drive

1. Want to record install card game data from very old CD to USB drive - Similar Threads - record install card

2. Record original music on flash drive from CD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Record original music on flash drive from CD.: I am a musician with original songs on a SD disc than I put these songs in media player and recorded them on CD, my question is why will media player not let me record the songs from the CD onto a Flash drive help me if you can. These are not for resale but audition tools for...
  3. Record original music on flash drive from CD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Record original music on flash drive from CD.: I am a musician with original songs on a SD disc than I put these songs in media player and recorded them on CD, my question is why will media player not let me record the songs from the CD onto a Flash drive help me if you can. These are not for resale but audition tools for...
  4. Record original music on flash drive from CD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installing Very Old Game Pandora's Box - Win 98 on Windows 10 from original CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Very Old Game Pandora's Box - Win 98 on Windows 10 from original CD: I'm trying to install Microsoft Pandora's Box on a Windows 10 PC. It was released in 1999 for Windows 95/98.I have an original CD of the game. I put it in a CD/DVD drive, and double click on Setup.exe, and it starts the install I can see a game install screen full screen but...
  6. unable to access SD Card/USB drive/CD Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to access SD Card/USB drive/CD Drive: Hi, I am unable to access any kind of external drives at all. On an HP laptop with Windows 10. In file explorer the error is "Location not available" E:\ is not available Access Denied I tried changing the owner to myself, then everyone, get the error "unable to set new...
  7. installing an old game CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing an old game CD: I have an older game CD that I would like to install on my computer that has windows 10. I insert the disk and click install when the options screen comes up but it will not install?? Any help is appreciated. It works fine on other computers....
  8. External CD Drive and Old Games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External CD Drive and Old Games: Hey everyone, I've been trying to find a fix for my issues for several weeks now, but unfortunately haven't found something that fits my specific issue. It honestly might even just be game specific tbh which makes it even harder. But anyways, I recently had nostalgia to play...
  9. Want to record install card game data from very old CD to USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to record install card game data from very old CD to USB drive: I really don't know how old this Microsoft Bicycle Card Game CD is but would guess 10-15 years. I was able to install it on my Win 10 PC (ver 1903_OS Build 18362.295) because I have a Blu-ray/DVD drive but my wife's PC (ver 1903_OS Build 18362.295) doesn't. We need to install...
  10. Installing an old game via CD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing an old game via CD.: I am trying to install an old game via CD, but I can't install the game because it requires Windows XP to Windows 7 to install. If it helps, I am using Windows 10 Pro. I have tried to find Compatibility Mode for the CD Drive via File Explorer. Does anyone know a workaround?...