Windows 10: want to reinstall win10

Discus and support want to reinstall win10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; before 29jyly15, my pc with win8.1 home basic, was upgraded to win10. recently it became non usable due os problems. so i reinstalled win8.1 again. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ppm123, Jan 12, 2017.

1. ppm123 Win User

want to reinstall win10

before 29jyly15, my pc with win8.1 home basic, was upgraded to win10. recently it became non usable due os problems. so i reinstalled win8.1 again.
    i wish to know what should i do to reinstall win10? --tried using media creation tool with both options-1)upgrade this pc 2)create media to install on other pc.
    but after nearing completion of the download it says verifying download and then nothing happens and the screen disappears.
    is there a way-where i can down load win10 iso and use that to install again with my win8.1 key?--pravin

:)

ppm123, Jan 12, 2017
  2. Jonas_DK Win User

Is there any way to install Win7 after Win10 for dual boot?

Original Title: Dual boot Win7 second too Win10

Hi,

Is there any way to install Win7 after Win10 for dual boot?

I don't want to reinstall in order to do it. If i have to reinstall, my laptop will not see Win10 again.

Regards Jonas

Jonas_DK, Jan 12, 2017
  3. shmoo303 Win User
    Windows 10 - clean install following upgrade from win8.1?

I had Win8.1 pro with a full key. I then upgraded to Win10. My mouse pointer is always showing the blue circle, like it's active, doing something even when the machine is idle, so I want to reinstall Win10 clean.

Do I have to reinstall 8.1 and upgrade to 10 again, or can I create a bootable IOS / USB and install Win10 on a formatted drive?

Thanks!

shmoo303, Jan 12, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

want to reinstall win10

A little searching offers this:
    Access Denied
    That's
    h t t p s:/w w w.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/
    (don't know why it's shown as Access Denied- the page is valid for me)

You can find an extensive list here:
    Microsoft Windows 10 TH2 ISO Download • Windows ISO
    However you will have to choose very carefully which one you need.

Once you have installed Win 10 on a PC, any next install should activate automatically. No key needed.

The tutorial section here includes a tutorial on clean installing Win 10.

It's a good idea to keep a bootable Win 10 medium to hand to make use of its recovery features.

dalchina, Jan 12, 2017
  5. Matthew Wai, Jan 12, 2017
  6. ppm123 Win User
    dalchina and mathew wai==thank you for the reply. i have noted the links. but surprisingly just after i wrote in this forum- as a last attempt i went thru one more attempt with media creation tool- and luckily i could complete the process and now i am back with windows 10 on my pc. thank you again.=pravin

ppm123, Jan 16, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Good, now I hope you are in the habit of routinely using disk imaging (e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) ) which we strongly recommend as that has so many advantages in securing your data and providing recovery options for your PC.

dalchina, Jan 16, 2017
  8. want to reinstall win10

Fortunately, I lost no data after clean installation without a recovery image because I had a separate data partition.

Matthew Wai, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

want to reinstall win10

1. want to reinstall win10 - Similar Threads - reinstall win10

2. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.: over two years ago i was a member of windows insider program for windows 10 prof. and had get windows updates asap. my laptop is NOT window 11 compatible according to windows pc health check. I knew this then. but none the less Windows update installed windows 11 over night....
  3. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.: over two years ago i was a member of windows insider program for windows 10 prof. and had get windows updates asap. my laptop is NOT window 11 compatible according to windows pc health check. I knew this then. but none the less Windows update installed windows 11 over night....
  4. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. am getting error trying to reinstall windows stopre top win10 prof.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    am getting error trying to reinstall windows stopre top win10 prof.: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software...
  6. am getting error trying to reinstall windows stopre top win10 prof.

am getting error trying to reinstall windows stopre top win10 prof.: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software...
  7. am getting error trying to reinstall windows stopre top win10 prof.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login: I performed a re-install of Win 10 on my laptop using the automated process allowing me to keep my files just hoping to freshen things uplaptop is a few years old. The install process was fine but now whenever there is a restart or a win update the computer shows an Admin...
  9. Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login

Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login: I performed a re-install of Win 10 on my laptop using the automated process allowing me to keep my files just hoping to freshen things uplaptop is a few years old. The install process was fine but now whenever there is a restart or a win update the computer shows an Admin...
  10. Win10 ReInstall with "Keep My Files" now forces a failed Admin account on login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade