Windows 10: Want to Remove default windows 10 from ssd drive and install linux

Discus and support Want to Remove default windows 10 from ssd drive and install linux in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently purchased a dell g3 3579 series, which come with windows 10 home edition on ssd, I want to install only linux of my systems no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KamalSharma9392, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Want to Remove default windows 10 from ssd drive and install linux

Hello,

I have recently purchased a dell g3 3579 series, which come with windows 10 home edition on ssd, I want to install only linux of my systems no dual boot.

Please let me know anyway how I can do this.

:)

KamalSharma9392, Mar 14, 2020
  2. k8ctt Win User

Remove Linux and install Win 10

I have a ThinkPenquin Linux laptop that runs Mint 17.1 only and has a solid state hard-drive.

I want to totally remove Linux Mint and install Windows 10 from USB flash drive.

Not sure of the steps to do this. Help!

k8ctt, Mar 14, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Help removing Linux Mint and installing Windows 10

Just do a clean install of Windows 10. In one of the early steps you'll be given an opportunity to format the drive that has Linux.

Before you begin, I suggest checking to see if your hardware is supported on Windows 10.

BulldogXX, Mar 14, 2020
  4. xfire Win User

Want to Remove default windows 10 from ssd drive and install linux

remove linux and reinstall vista ultimate

Ubuntu=Live CD->7 installation steps where partitioning is done automaticall.
    Windows= Many steps+ selecting the drive to instal to.

and the part where you said you should never make linux your sole OS angered me.
    Also, you can install windows over linux and then put grub back to make it dual boot. Just use gparted to resize the drive. Then install windows on the new partition. Use super grub disk to restore grub.

xfire, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Want to Remove default windows 10 from ssd drive and install linux

1. Want to Remove default windows 10 from ssd drive and install linux - Similar Threads - Remove default ssd

2. want to install windows 10 or 11 in the place of linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to install windows 10 or 11 in the place of linux: i am siddhartha i currently using the linux ubuntu in my laptop but i need to turn into windows 10 or 11 but i am unbale to do so can you please help me...
  3. want to install windows 10 or 11 in the place of linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    want to install windows 10 or 11 in the place of linux: i am siddhartha i currently using the linux ubuntu in my laptop but i need to turn into windows 10 or 11 but i am unbale to do so can you please help me...
  4. Want to have 1 SSD with Windows and 1 with Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Want to have 1 SSD with Windows and 1 with Linux: hello! I have 1 SSD with windows 10 currently installed. I have a second empty SSD installed in my pc too, and I want to install Linux on that one in order to have the option of running Linux or windows on my pc. How would I go about doing this? Thanks! submitted by...
  5. Problem in removing linux and installing windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem in removing linux and installing windows: I have been trying to remove linux and reinstall windows onto my system , I used the following steps given at the page : https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/247804/how-to-remove-linux-and-install-windows-on-your-computer But as I insert a bootable windows USB created by...
  6. Want to Install Windows 10 on Used SSD

Want to Install Windows 10 on Used SSD: I want to install a used SSD from the family, set the SSD to master, and move the current HHDs with Windows 10 to slaves. I have a Windows 10 digital license that is active with my Microsoft Account. I used Windows Media Creation Tool to generate an ISO. I am unable to burn...
  7. dual boot system win 10 and linux. Want to remove linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual boot system win 10 and linux. Want to remove linux: HI Greg: I don't know what happened but for some reason I lost your thread. Then, when I tried to reply, it says it was locked so I couldn't respond. The exact question was that I had 2 OS which is win 10 and Linux. I want to remove Linux. I took a picture of the disk...
  8. I want to remove linux from my computer and keep win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to remove linux from my computer and keep win 10: I would like to remove Linux from my computer and keep win 10. How can I easily do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-linux-from-my-computer-and-keep/8bd53f68-de99-4f33-9c6a-dda30b12e8e1
  9. HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD

HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD: Hello There, I have purchased a laptop Model: 81DE(Lenovo Ideapad330-15IKB U) with preinstalled genuine windows in it activated by digital lisense. Now I have installed SSD drive and want to install Windows 10 into the SSD drive, How to install windows 10 into that drive??...
  10. Help removing Linux Mint and installing Windows 10

Help removing Linux Mint and installing Windows 10: I need help removing Linux Mint off of my computer, and installing a clean copy of Windows 10. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/help-removing-linux-mint-and-installing-windows-10/791c4fb4-668e-406b-bccd-9d70bcbb41f0