Windows 10: Want to remove the ads from Solitaire in Windows 10? That'll be $1.49.

Discus and support Want to remove the ads from Solitaire in Windows 10? That'll be $1.49. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is once again bundling Solitaire with Windows, but if you want an ad-free experience then that's going to cost you. The app in question is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jul 27, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Want to remove the ads from Solitaire in Windows 10? That'll be $1.49.

Source

:)

labeeman, Jul 27, 2015

2. Missing games

Hi,

On Windows 10, the Xbox App is by default. You don't have to have an Xbox One to sign into Xbox Games.

If you don't like the advertisements, you can upgrade to Solitaire Premium for $9.99 yearly or $1.49 monthly. Search Microsoft Store for games. Or search online for free game sites such as MSN Games, FRIV, etc....

The Free Games will have ads included. These ads are what help pay for the free services offered by Microsoft.

Smittychat., Jul 27, 2015
  3. desk top version of freecell

You can't it was removed (starting in Windows 8). You can get the Microsoft Solitaire Collection from the Store, which has FreeCell. It is free if you don't want to remove the ad, and the ad is basically nothing, it is just one ad on one side of the screen
    for starting a new game.

There are other ones in the Store as well, but if you want them for free most likely their ads will be more intrusive.

A_User_Here, Jul 27, 2015
  4. Want to remove the ads from Solitaire in Windows 10? That'll be $1.49.

Thanks for the info

Think I will put up with the ads

paulsalter, Jul 27, 2015
  5. You wanted Windows as a service. Well now you are going to either put up with adverts or cough up $$$$. Won't be long before we get a METRO AD BLOCKER Program.

Indianatone, Jul 27, 2015
  6. jfreemont Win User
    Not just $1.49 -- it's that much every single month.

To me, that's just garbage. Somehow, Microsoft managed to include Solitaire with previous versions of Windows, free of any annoying ads or any other "cloud connections."

In my opinion, anything included with the system -- Weather, Solitaire, News, Sports, etc. -- should not have ads or anything of the like.

jfreemont, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Brave new world out there now. The old ways of making money, ads in newspapers, catalogs mailed to you, magazines subscriptions, all are changing. Don't expect the first free OS from MS not to come with a large number of changes.

John Pombrio, Jul 28, 2015
  8. Want to remove the ads from Solitaire in Windows 10? That'll be $1.49.

To be fair, they also charged for all those previous versions of Windows. It's a lot easier to bundle Solitaire for free when people are paying $100+ for your operating system.

You can't expect Microsoft to give away Windows and not try to make any money at all.

blackroseMD1, Jul 28, 2015
  9. zooburner Win User
    I'm not sure I agree, what they are telling you is that this is a paid for version, that you get for free, not a cut down version of a paid product. The adverts even show the price crossed out replaced with 'free'.

zooburner, Jul 28, 2015
  10. What happened to Microsoft supposedly having a stance against ads? I understand ads in the web, but please not in my apps.
    I wish they would go the route of basic free apps, and offer an upgrade users can purchase to gain access to their more feature rich versions.(like they are doing with the new office apps).
    I am in the minority on this issue but if I install apps on my phone and see ads they get removed asap.(The app has to be amazing to stay) It's not like there are no alternatives to solitaire, or other apps Microsoft might want to add ads to.
    I don't get ads in any of the stock google apps on my android phone(obviously except YouTube and Google Chrome) and Google is the king of ad revenue.

I was under the impression free windows 10 was a move to get people interested in their phone business, services like Cortana, and to move as many people to the current generation of their Os as possible, not to inundate us with ads. Ok so a couple of apps with ads doesn't equate to us being flooded with ads, but it could be the start of a very good Gordon Kelly fear mongering article.

I will still upgrade to windows 10, but I hope this isn't the start of a trend where a few years from now ads in desktop apps are considered normal and acceptable.

welcometoheaven, Jul 28, 2015
  11. torre Win User
    Totally agree ! Note the Edge Browser (at present).

Free upgrade also to alleviate the mistakes of Win 8.

torre, Jul 28, 2015
  12. AFTommy Win User
    It's only $10 a year c'mon guys. The ads are not a biggie either. I don't understand we got a $150 OS for free but complaining about $10

AFTommy, Jul 28, 2015
  13. Want to remove the ads from Solitaire in Windows 10? That'll be $1.49.

Two day's ago I got an update and had to do a restart.
    Later on I opened up windows solitaire game as usual and it wanted me to sign in with a xbox account.
    I didn't have one, never had a need for it but, it was the only way to play the game again so I made the account.

Opening the program I see something new called Premium so I checked it and it wants me to pay to use the same game I played for year's for free.
    It wanted me to subscribe to it on a monthly basis, its not going to happen.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jul 28, 2015
  14. We can't let them start nickle and dimin' us for every little thing !

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jul 28, 2015
  15. popeye Win User
    A $150 OS for free? To be honest it is not worth that anymore when there are good alternative operating systems for free these days. Especially for the average home user who doesn't do a whole lot of gaming and other niche things but simply browses the internet, does social media and gets email. MS almost has to charge for add-ons these days to make a profit. Do you think they really wanted to make 10 a free upgrade for basically everyone? They saw the writing on the wall and decided to do their best to make the most of it. Things are definitely changing.

popeye, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Want to remove the ads from Solitaire in Windows 10? That'll be $1.49.

1. Want to remove the ads from Solitaire in Windows 10? That'll be $1.49. - Similar Threads - remove ads Solitaire

2. Ads on microsoft solitaire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ads on microsoft solitaire: I paid my fee why do i have to still see ads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-on-microsoft-solitaire/96dad587-a826-464b-92ba-155630691953
  3. Ads on microsoft solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads on microsoft solitaire: I paid my fee why do i have to still see ads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-on-microsoft-solitaire/96dad587-a826-464b-92ba-155630691953
  4. Ads on microsoft solitaire

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ads on microsoft solitaire: I paid my fee why do i have to still see ads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ads-on-microsoft-solitaire/96dad587-a826-464b-92ba-155630691953
  5. Ads on Microsoft Solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads on Microsoft Solitaire: I am really, really disappointed, angry, frustrated with the ads now appearing on Microsoft solitaire. This is a "takeaway". Solitaire has always since its inception been free and part of buying a "windows"computer well maybe not my first Microsoft powered computer running...
  6. Microsoft Solitaire Collection Ad Removal

Microsoft Solitaire Collection Ad Removal: Paid for 1 year subscription on 06/18/20 - being informed it has expired already. Can you fix this, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-solitaire-collection-ad-removal/9aba6a0e-9edd-4c85-8ca0-0256ce45ea1d
  7. Solitaire Ads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Solitaire Ads: All of a sudden, when I'm trying to play Spider Solitaire, I'm getting ads for other games. The adswon't close and there is a pop up offer to pay to upgrade to Premium Edition. What the heck?? Solitaire has always been free. How do I stop the ads? I don't want to pay...
  8. solitaire ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    solitaire ads: I paid for ad blocking on Oct. 10th for 1 year, @$14.99. My ads are already back. How do I fix this? Richard Zahn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solitaire-ads/a795b382-2215-421f-9b5a-af0e85e0673b
  9. ads on microsoft solitaire

ads on microsoft solitaire: I have paid for premium and ads are now popping up. I do not renew until september. WHY?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-on-microsoft-solitaire/bba940ed-bf0a-4464-af9b-15db379ef5e8
  10. ads on microsoft solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ads on microsoft solitaire: I don't mind the ads, but some of them have flashing white bars on the top and bottom of the ad. For someone like me with vision problems, it is so uncomfortable that I have to put my head on my desk until the ad is finished. Anyone else with this problem? Is there any...