Windows 10: Want to remove the Shared Icon from Drive letters in This PC

Discus and support Want to remove the Shared Icon from Drive letters in This PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The two people icon that appears when you share a drive on the network. I'd like to remove that. I've been Googling a lot for it but I finally had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sammy4526, Apr 3, 2016.

1. sammy4526 Win User

Want to remove the Shared Icon from Drive letters in This PC

The two people icon that appears when you share a drive on the network. I'd like to remove that. I've been Googling a lot for it but I finally had to come here and ask the experts.
    Is there a way to achieve that?
    What I am trying to achieve is get the drives shared on the network without my son noticing that the drives are shared so I could keep a watch over his disk drives.

:)

sammy4526, Apr 3, 2016

2. virtual disk - access denied

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Is a drive letter assigned to the drive?

Right-click the partition or drive that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.

Do one of the following:

•To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned, click Add, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

•To change a drive letter, click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

•To remove a drive letter, click Remove, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to remove it.

Change, add, or remove a drive letter

Option 2:

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt type:

takeown /F (external drive letter) and press Enter.

Type : CACLS (external drive letter) /G Administrator:F and press Enter.

Restart the computer and test the issue.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 indexing selects wrong drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

It’s really unfortunate that you are facing this issue. But don't worry we will try to help you out.

Please share the details,

• How exactly did you clone the Windows 8.1 OS drive.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below.

To change, add, or remove a drive letter

1. Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation,
    type the password or provide confirmation.

2. In the left pane, click Disk Management.

3. Right-click the drive that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.

4. Do one of the following:

• To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned, click Add, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

• To change a drive letter, click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

• To remove a drive letter, click Remove, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to remove it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to help you.

Thank you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 3, 2016
Thema:

Want to remove the Shared Icon from Drive letters in This PC

1. Want to remove the Shared Icon from Drive letters in This PC - Similar Threads - remove Shared Icon

2. Can I remove the letter from this drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I remove the letter from this drive?: A new drive appeared in my file explorer, and it's just sitting there annoying me.The problem is that it belongs to my boot drive. My OS is installed on C: and I assume that G: and the 17MB + 101MB ones are system files. I wanna remove the letter G so It doesn't show up on my...
  3. Can I remove the letter from this drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I remove the letter from this drive?: A new drive appeared in my file explorer, and it's just sitting there annoying me.The problem is that it belongs to my boot drive. My OS is installed on C: and I assume that G: and the 17MB + 101MB ones are system files. I wanna remove the letter G so It doesn't show up on my...
  4. Can I remove the letter from this drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Drive letter not assigned to removable drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive letter not assigned to removable drive: I admit it - I shot myself in the foot. At some time in the past I must have permanently assigned a drive letter to a USB flash memory drive (stick). Today I decided I should let Windows just assign the next available drive letter as it does for other removable devices (and...
  6. How to remove shared Icon from Drive

How to remove shared Icon from Drive: So I Figured Out How to Remove shared Icon from the drives! All you need to do is make open Regedit and make a string at "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons". The string should be named "28". Enter its value as any...
  7. How to remove shared Icon from Drive

How to remove shared Icon from Drive: So There Comes An Small Logo In Lower Left Corner Of An File if we share It. I want to remove it but over the internet, I am Unable to Find a way to do so. Meanwhile, I tried many things including the modification of root icons file "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imageres.dll" -164 and...
  8. Drive letters for shared folders and USBs

Drive letters for shared folders and USBs: I have two PCs at home and both of them have 2 hard drives partitions. So, what I want is to share the second storage partition between them. I managed to do that and it works just fine, I assign the shared partition new drive letter on other PC so it appears just like...
  9. Shared Drive from a PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shared Drive from a PC: Hi there, I share my 6TB External Hard Drive over the network using my windows 10 pc. I mapped the drive using my laptop but says I do not have access, I have give the "full control" option to "everyone" but can still not access. Thanks for everybodys help in advance...
  10. Changing icons for network mapped folders and shares with no drive letters.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing icons for network mapped folders and shares with no drive letters.: I am looking for how to change the icons for network mapped shared folders from a NAS or Server that don’t have or display drive letters. I am mapping to NAS and Server using Windows 10 Pro....