Windows 10: Want to rename Narrator

Discus and support Want to rename Narrator in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have tried many tricks to disable narrator; none have worked including changing the permissions. I'm the owner of Narrator and am an administrator. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jalea148, Feb 8, 2017.

1. jalea148 Win User

Want to rename Narrator

Have tried many tricks to disable narrator; none have worked including changing the permissions. I'm the owner of Narrator and am an administrator. I want to rename it. However, when I try it says I need to be an administrator. Continue does not work.

:)

jalea148, Feb 8, 2017
  2. rich5272 Win User

When I turn on narrator it says narrator off and I cannot use any settings.

Original Title: narrator

When I turn on narrator it says narrator off and I cannot use any settings. My wife has trouble seeing and wanted to have this help her read things on the computer.

thanks, and God Bless.

Rich

rich5272, Feb 8, 2017
  3. ROL120 Win User
    Narrator - want it to narrate just the text I choose...

It would be a wikipedia site or something on google the children are looking up and want to read out.

I had got as far as the read aloud narrator but it reads all the instructions and headers as well - it seems difficult to highlight just the text you want it to read.

thank you

ROL120, Feb 8, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Want to rename Narrator

bro67, Feb 8, 2017
  5. jalea148 Win User
    Yes, the read permissions were turned off for everyone.

jalea148, Feb 8, 2017
  6. What is the point of this?

logicearth, Feb 8, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    Narrator works only if enabled thru Ease of Access, if you don't enable it no need to rename or do anything to it.

CountMike, Feb 8, 2017
  8. jalea148 Win User

Want to rename Narrator

Narrator was not turned on. Every time anything is copied it is read. I cannot find Narrator in the Task Manager to turn it off either.

jalea148, Feb 8, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    If it is not switched on in System Accessibility and the service is not running, nothing to worry about.

If it is reading a loud, recheck your Accessibility settings. Also helps to know what program you are seeing this happen in.

bro67, Feb 9, 2017
  10. jalea148 Win User
    The settings have been rechecked several times. I use many apps. In all, anything something is copied it is read aloud. My complaint is not unusual. There are many similar complaints on the web. While some suggested solution work for some, there are many who report continuation of this annoyance. The only plausible solution I've seen has been renaming Narrator.exe in the System32 folder, but I'm not allowed.

jalea148, Feb 9, 2017
  11. CountMike New Member
    Just tried to rename but can't even take ownership. Maybe you could do old trick, boot with a live Linux and "fix" it from it.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Want to rename Narrator

1. Want to rename Narrator - Similar Threads - rename Narrator

2. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  3. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  4. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names: Windows Defender finds several random named false infections on my Setup of my programmed software Renamer by EatMe. Program info page: http://eatme.pro/about-renamer direct download false infection http://eatme.pro/download/renamer-win10 .zip with SETUP that is detected...
  6. Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names

Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names: Windows Defender finds several random named false infections on my Setup of my programmed software Renamer by EatMe. Program info page: http://eatme.pro/about-renamer direct download false infection http://eatme.pro/download/renamer-win10 .zip with SETUP that is detected...
  7. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  8. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  9. All folders are renamed and I cant fix them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All folders are renamed and I cant fix them: All of my folders are labelled “downloads” and my documents folder “D:\” it won’t let me rename them and I don’t know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-folders-are-renamed-and-i-cant-fix-them/d8d62538-5ed3-4824-9eee-0ea74b096c53
  10. All folders are renamed and I cant fix them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All folders are renamed and I cant fix them: All of my folders are labelled “downloads” and my documents folder “D:\” it won’t let me rename them and I don’t know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-folders-are-renamed-and-i-cant-fix-them/d8d62538-5ed3-4824-9eee-0ea74b096c53

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remotely rename narrator.exe