Windows 10: Want to reset my pc in lockscreen but the 'Reset PC' option isn't available in troubleshoot...

Discus and support Want to reset my pc in lockscreen but the 'Reset PC' option isn't available in troubleshoot... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got my laptop repaired under warranty as the keyboard wasn't working. They've clearly wiped my pc but there is a different login present on the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Soph101, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Soph101 Win User

Want to reset my pc in lockscreen but the 'Reset PC' option isn't available in troubleshoot...

I got my laptop repaired under warranty as the keyboard wasn't working. They've clearly wiped my pc but there is a different login present on the laptop which is stopping me from accessing my PC. Instead of going all the way back to the store I want to just reset the settings...which I thought would be straight forward.All information and videos say hold shift key and power button - restart - select troubleshoot and then select 'reset my pc'I don't have the 'reset pc' option available. Please help.I've attempted to command prompt but unable to get this window up either...but I might be doing

:)

Soph101, Oct 24, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

No "Reset This PC" option

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• Where exactly are you looking for the Reset this PC option?
    • Were you able to successfully clone the drive?
    • Could you please provide more clarity on, “On original hard disk the WinRE recovery partition was last partition. On new hard disk that partition had moved to first position”?
    • Were you able to get the Reset this PC option by following the steps mentioned in the article provided by you?

If you wish to reset the PC, there are multiple ways to do it. You may want to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Reset or reinstall Windows 10

However, please reply with the details requested above to help you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 24, 2021
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Oct 24, 2021
  4. boweasel Win User

Want to reset my pc in lockscreen but the 'Reset PC' option isn't available in troubleshoot...

Troubleshoot Reset This PC

I go into the following screen and click on Get Started. I then choose the option to Keep My Files. I am then presented with Getting Things Ready. This Won't Take Long. Which is actually true, since I almost immediately get a screen saying There was a problem resetting your PC. There is no error code and the only option is to click on the word Close.
    Want to reset my pc in lockscreen but the 'Reset PC' option isn't available in troubleshoot... [​IMG]

boweasel, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Want to reset my pc in lockscreen but the 'Reset PC' option isn't available in troubleshoot... - Similar Threads - reset lockscreen 'Reset

2. Why isn't there a reset option in the boot troubleshooter???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't there a reset option in the boot troubleshooter???: My laptop has stopped booting. I have tried to reset it but there is no reset option! Anyone no where I can find it??Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-there-a-reset-option-in-the-boot/ef9b877c-c5c9-4ae4-a4d1-d4e34f5aea45
  3. Why isn't there a reset option in the boot troubleshooter???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't there a reset option in the boot troubleshooter???: My laptop has stopped booting. I have tried to reset it but there is no reset option! Anyone no where I can find it??Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-there-a-reset-option-in-the-boot/ef9b877c-c5c9-4ae4-a4d1-d4e34f5aea45
  4. Stuck in Troubleshoot Menu, No Option for Reset PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in Troubleshoot Menu, No Option for Reset PC: Hello! Woke up this morning to find my computer unable to boot properly. Attempting to startup leads to the menu for choosing keyboard layout, then "Choose an option" menu with Troubleshoot and Turn off PC.Within Advanced Options, these are all I have: Startup Repair: Fails...
  5. Stuck in Troubleshoot Menu, No Option for Reset PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Troubleshoot Menu, No Option for Reset PC: Hello! Woke up this morning to find my computer unable to boot properly. Attempting to startup leads to the menu for choosing keyboard layout, then "Choose an option" menu with Troubleshoot and Turn off PC.Within Advanced Options, these are all I have: Startup Repair: Fails...
  6. Stuck in Troubleshoot Menu, No Option for Reset PC

7. Want to reset my pc in lockscreen but the 'Reset PC' option isn't available in troubleshoot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to reset my pc in lockscreen but the 'Reset PC' option isn't available in troubleshoot...: I got my laptop repaired under warranty as the keyboard wasn't working. They've clearly wiped my pc but there is a different login present on the laptop which is stopping me from accessing my PC. Instead of going all the way back to the store I want to just reset the...
  8. Want to reset my pc in lockscreen but the 'Reset PC' option isn't available in troubleshoot...

Want to reset my pc in lockscreen but the 'Reset PC' option isn't available in troubleshoot...: I got my laptop repaired under warranty as the keyboard wasn't working. They've clearly wiped my pc but there is a different login present on the laptop which is stopping me from accessing my PC. Instead of going all the way back to the store I want to just reset the...
  9. Not avail to reset my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not avail to reset my PC: Hi Microsoft,I have tried every think but no avail to reset my pc. can you plz help me to resolve this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-avail-to-reset-my-pc/65802cb3-20ee-4fa2-b1e6-27087a89870c
  10. Troubleshoot Reset This PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Troubleshoot Reset This PC: I go into the following screen and click on Get Started. I then choose the option to Keep My Files. I am then presented with Getting Things Ready. This Won't Take Long. Which is actually true, since I almost immediately get a screen saying There was a problem resetting your...