Windows 10: Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r

Discus and support Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I would like to restart my computer but an update is pending and the recent update was reported to have been cancelled by Microsoft while they fix the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by THX1138, Oct 11, 2018.

1. THX1138 Win User

Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r

I would like to restart my computer but an update is pending and the recent update was reported to have been cancelled by Microsoft while they fix the widely-reported bug that caused some users to lose files. How can I tell Windows to restart without doing this update? Both restart and shutdown options have been replaced with "restart and update" and "shutdown and update".

:)

THX1138, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Goosegas Win User

RX 480 Fan Speed 0% or 100% While Windows 10 Updates are Pending

I recently bought a new PC which has an MSI RX 480 graphics card.

I downloaded the most recent version of MSI Afterburner to create a fan speed curve. I have had success in other computers using 40% fan speed at low temps going up to about 60% and so on if temps require.

This worked well on this computer initially but I noticed an issue with the fan speed. I noticed that the GPU temp was at 64 degrees and the fan speed was 0% instead of the usual 40% at idle which is usually about 30 degrees. I shutdown Afterburner, restarted the program but that didn't do anything. I restarted the computer, noticing that there were downloaded windows 10 updates which were now installing with this restart. Once the computer restarted, the Afterburner curve was working perfectly.

Today, I heard the GPU fan/s running fast. Afterburner showed the GPU temp was 29 degrees and the fan was running at 100%. Opening and closing Afterburner did nothing as with the previous problem. I restarted the computer and noticed again that Windows 10 updates were installing on the restart and once restarted, Afterburner settings were back to normal.

I can't imagine that the pending updates and the fan speed problems are coincidental and not related.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and/or is aware of a fix. I can certainly supply more system specs if someone believes that would be helpful in this situation. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Goosegas, Oct 11, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Oct 11, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r - Similar Threads - restart computer update

2. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update stuck in "pending restart": windows update stuck in "pending restart" -tried restart but still stuck after-tried uninstall the update and install manually https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-in-pending-restart/8f113176-8594-4c64-9fe9-40a9301c45c4
  3. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update stuck in "pending restart": windows update stuck in "pending restart" -tried restart but still stuck after-tried uninstall the update and install manually https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-in-pending-restart/8f113176-8594-4c64-9fe9-40a9301c45c4
  4. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update: Windows Update shows "Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028185". Restart Required.This update has been sitting there for several days. The Schedule Restart shows "today", but the update is still waiting to installed after several days. So...
  6. Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update

Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update: Windows Update shows "Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028185". Restart Required.This update has been sitting there for several days. The Schedule Restart shows "today", but the update is still waiting to installed after several days. So...
  7. Cancel Pending restart driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel Pending restart driver update: Hello! I got an Driver update which downgrade my drivers from windows settings so how do I cancel that pending restart driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-pending-restart-driver-update/ff966168-2a5c-4c9d-a98c-6eea93525299
  8. Cancel Pending restart driver update

Cancel Pending restart driver update: Hello! I got an Driver update which downgrade my drivers from windows settings so how do I cancel that pending restart driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-pending-restart-driver-update/ff966168-2a5c-4c9d-a98c-6eea93525299
  9. continual pending restart for KB5004945 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    continual pending restart for KB5004945 update: Hi, For the past several days, my Windows Update screen says 2021-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x-64-based systems KB5004945 Status: Pending restart , but whenever I restart, this comes right back up. The update never happens. I've restarted, and shut...
  10. Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r: I would like to restart my computer but an update is pending and the recent update was reported to have been cancelled by Microsoft while they fix the widely-reported bug that caused some users to lose files. How can I tell Windows to restart without doing this update? Both...