Windows 10: Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r

Discus and support Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I would like to restart my computer but an update is pending and the recent update was reported to have been cancelled by Microsoft while they fix the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by THX1138, Oct 11, 2018 at 3:12 AM.

1. THX1138 Win User

Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r

I would like to restart my computer but an update is pending and the recent update was reported to have been cancelled by Microsoft while they fix the widely-reported bug that caused some users to lose files. How can I tell Windows to restart without doing this update? Both restart and shutdown options have been replaced with "restart and update" and "shutdown and update".

:)

2. Goosegas Win User

RX 480 Fan Speed 0% or 100% While Windows 10 Updates are Pending

I recently bought a new PC which has an MSI RX 480 graphics card.

I downloaded the most recent version of MSI Afterburner to create a fan speed curve. I have had success in other computers using 40% fan speed at low temps going up to about 60% and so on if temps require.

This worked well on this computer initially but I noticed an issue with the fan speed. I noticed that the GPU temp was at 64 degrees and the fan speed was 0% instead of the usual 40% at idle which is usually about 30 degrees. I shutdown Afterburner, restarted the program but that didn't do anything. I restarted the computer, noticing that there were downloaded windows 10 updates which were now installing with this restart. Once the computer restarted, the Afterburner curve was working perfectly.

Today, I heard the GPU fan/s running fast. Afterburner showed the GPU temp was 29 degrees and the fan was running at 100%. Opening and closing Afterburner did nothing as with the previous problem. I restarted the computer and noticed again that Windows 10 updates were installing on the restart and once restarted, Afterburner settings were back to normal.

I can't imagine that the pending updates and the fan speed problems are coincidental and not related.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and/or is aware of a fix. I can certainly supply more system specs if someone believes that would be helpful in this situation. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

3. malware Win User
    Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

Thema:

1. Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r - Similar Threads - restart computer update

2. Pending updates won't download properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pending updates won't download properly: I tried to update my windows many times but it failed. It seems that my system restarts but the updates wont download and it is consuming hours of my time to do so for that useless restart. Why this happens and what can I do?...
  3. Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Want to restart computer but update is pending and recent update was r: I would like to restart my computer but an update is pending and the recent update was reported to have been cancelled by Microsoft while they fix the widely-reported bug that caused some users to lose files. How can I tell Windows to restart without doing this update? Both...
  4. Restart pending

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart pending: Hi, I have a problem with that restart pending. Sfc/scannow does not help. I have started tens of time no succeed.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/restart-pending/aaf758dd-8fcd-4bc6-9211-e698229fb4d9
  5. Update (KB3206632) will not complete. PC keeps wanting to Restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update (KB3206632) will not complete. PC keeps wanting to Restart: Hi, I have an extremely frustrating problem. The update "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3206632)", Is downloaded and installed. The PC then tells me it has to Restart to complete the installation. This happens but the message "Failed...
  6. Win update “Notify to schedule restart" missing after recent update?

Win update “Notify to schedule restart" missing after recent update?: Before the recent update, in windows update “Advanced Options” screen, I selected “Notify to schedule restart” so my PC will not restart by itself after an update, as mentioned in this article How to Schedule Restarts for Updates in Windows 10 Yesterday after windows...
  7. recent W10 update on my computer

recent W10 update on my computer: IS it only me or did others get a bit upset with the recent,*Sad past 2 days worth of changes that have taken place in W10?? I had my W10 desktop set up with links to places that I use often, now all of that has gone and I'm wasting time trying to find the links that I...
  8. How to cancel/clear Pending Updates?

How to cancel/clear Pending Updates?: how to do this in windows 10? pending updates that are not good [broken hw driver] I need to ditch. where is the folder? 17879
  9. Recent windows 10 update - restart loop can't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent windows 10 update - restart loop can't boot: After a recent crash, my windows 10 does not load properly anymore and instead is stuck in an endless restart loop (system repairs etc does not work). I have also formatted one of my hard drives and did a clean install from a usb and the same thing is happening. (To clarify,...
  10. windows update wanted restart, now no login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    windows update wanted restart, now no login screen: this morning a message that windows needed to restart to install an update appeared. I restarted the pc, all went well until the system hung at the splash screen before the login. I have tried powering off and restarting, but I'm still stuck at the splash screen, which...