Windows 10: Want to see all the non-primary extended screens in the primary monitor's screen.

Discus and support Want to see all the non-primary extended screens in the primary monitor's screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I extended the screen of my PC to multiple devices. And want to see the screen of connected devices in my primary monitor to know what is showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SrRazi, Dec 1, 2018.

1. SrRazi Win User

Want to see all the non-primary extended screens in the primary monitor's screen.

Hi, I extended the screen of my PC to multiple devices. And want to see the screen of connected devices in my primary monitor to know what is showing on the screen of those devices because the non-primary devices are not directly visible to me.

:)

SrRazi, Dec 1, 2018

2. Choosing a primary screen or extending to a second screen with windows 10

With the latest Windows 10 update, I can no longer find where to go to extend a second screen or where to choose which screen is primary.

Steeplechase, Dec 1, 2018
  3. extended desktop - primary monitor settings will not lock in

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Run the Power Troubleshooter and check:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Power”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    You may also refer to this link or reference:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/how-to-set-primary-monitor-in-extended-desktop/e9aaef4e-1dc7-4139-9b4a-f5b562d4fd27

Hope this post helps. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Want to see all the non-primary extended screens in the primary monitor's screen.

extended desktop - primary monitor settings will not lock in

I have nearly the same question as a user in windows 7

in windows 10 my primary monitor settings will not lock in see previous post :

" Whenever it goes to sleep, is undocked, or re-booted, it "forgets" the display settings and reverts to a default setting of cloned desktops with the monitor (not the notebook) set as primary. Oddly, before it reverts to the default settings, it very briefly
    displays the extended desktop with my preferred settings. I then have to manually reconfigure the display properties. A real pain to do several times a day.

I would appreciate advice about locking one monitor as primary if possible and the resolutions too

MarkKlaaren, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Want to see all the non-primary extended screens in the primary monitor's screen.

1. Want to see all the non-primary extended screens in the primary monitor's screen. - Similar Threads - non primary extended

2. Pen touch on non primary monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen touch on non primary monitors: Hi Guys did Microsoft removed the option to calibrate pen & touch ? I was able to find "Configure your pen and touch displays" on System settings windows 11 but I am no longer able to find. That setting is important because it allows us to select which monitor that would...
  3. Pen touch on non primary monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pen touch on non primary monitors: Hi Guys did Microsoft removed the option to calibrate pen & touch ? I was able to find "Configure your pen and touch displays" on System settings windows 11 but I am no longer able to find. That setting is important because it allows us to select which monitor that would...
  4. Tabtip on screen keyboard opens on second monitor, and not primary, touch screen monitor,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tabtip on screen keyboard opens on second monitor, and not primary, touch screen monitor,...: Is there any way at all to force TabTip to only open on my touch screen? This is driving me crazy. Not really a point to use an external monitor with the touch screen keyboard of tabtip is going to focus in the wrong monitor.I want to use the second monitor to talk in...
  5. Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary

Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary: I have a Lenovo i7 Desktop PC with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 PCI card with 2 DisplayPort and 1 VGA outputs. One DP output is connected to my primary monitor, a 1080p Lenovo monitor. The other DP output is connected to my 55" Samsung HDTV, also 1080p, via a DisplayPort to...
  6. Screen save on second monitor not primary?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen save on second monitor not primary?: Running Windows 10 pro latest upgrade etc... I have a main monitor that I use all the time and treat as my primary monitor. This is in front of me. My second monitor is to the LH. I use this when editing videos. The main editing screen on main monitor in front of me and...
  7. Managing what's on an extended screen from the primary screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Managing what's on an extended screen from the primary screen?: Hi all, Haven't had much luck finding any techniques or software that does this. I am running a roleplaying game where I present pictures, maps etc to players on the BIG screen behind me, but of course have 'secret stuff' on the laptop screen in front of me. Until now,...
  8. Windows redistributing to non-primary monitor while locked?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows redistributing to non-primary monitor while locked?: I'm relatively new to Windows 10, currently using a 3-monitor setup with two in front of me, and another monitor that is facing away from the primary workspace, essentially for media and presentation purposes. Oddly, even if all my "active" windows are on the primary desktop...
  9. Extending Primary Partition

Extending Primary Partition: Hi. I noticed my recovery partition was eating up a good 24 GB of my SSD, so I deleted it in Disk Management. However, the Extend Volume option on the primary partition is greyed out, so I am still unable to access the unallocated 24 GB. What must I do to as these 24 GB to my...
  10. Programs on 2nd monitor (extended display) minimize to primary

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs on 2nd monitor (extended display) minimize to primary: I am running W10 Pro 1607 14393.10. This problem has occured in earlier builds. I have a 2nd monitor that I have set as an extended display. I usually keep Adobe Reader open to view pdf as I work. If I leave my pc and return to enter password, it is not fully sleep - it...