Windows 10: Want to see if win 10 PC I am lookin has expansion slots for pci-e.

Discus and support Want to see if win 10 PC I am lookin has expansion slots for pci-e. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good Morning all, I am looking at a replacement desktop for my Win 7 machine and am trying to find out if it has expansion slots for pci-e, but can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by metalman228, May 19, 2019.

1. Want to see if win 10 PC I am lookin has expansion slots for pci-e.

Good Morning all,

I am looking at a replacement desktop for my Win 7 machine and am trying to find out if it has expansion slots for pci-e, but can find no definitive answer.

I am going to need to purchase an additional LAN card for monitoring my amplifier in my stereo via eithernet.

The computer in question is the full size desktop Dell Optiplex 9020 Quad i7 Tower Windows 10 Pro unit.

The card I am looking at is:

https://www.amazon.com/SIENOC-Gigabi...gateway&sr=8-4

Figured I need to ask the experts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

:)

metalman228, May 19, 2019

2. PCI-E x8 in x16 Slot

From what I have read, it seems that one can use a PCI-E x8 card in a x16 slot. Im looking to install a PCI-E SAS card in my desktop. Nearly all of the ones Ive seen so far seem to use a x8 interface but my desktop has only 2 x16 slots, 1 x4 slot and 2 x1 slots. Before I pull the trigger and get this card, I want to be sure that you can use the smaller card in the larger slot. Everything Ive seen so far seems to suggest it will work without an issue.

ArazelEternal, May 19, 2019
  3. Garystan1 Win User
    PCI / PCI-E Slots

Microsoft :

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Intel-based motherboard. My question is.....are the PCI / PCI-E slots on the same bus as the Ethernet Controller. The reason I ask is that my NVidia GForce 210 died. And after (carefully) removing it
    from the motherboard, the Ethernet Controller stopped working. I don't know if you need THIS information : I'm running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit, Intel Core i3 3220. Thanks.

Garystan1, May 19, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

Want to see if win 10 PC I am lookin has expansion slots for pci-e.

PCI-E x8 in x16 Slot

The only thing is it will effect bandwidth, here is an example from my PDF manual:

Want to see if win 10 PC I am lookin has expansion slots for pci-e. [​IMG]

Cliff S, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Want to see if win 10 PC I am lookin has expansion slots for pci-e.

1. Want to see if win 10 PC I am lookin has expansion slots for pci-e. - Similar Threads - lookin has expansion

2. PCI Slot 0 PCI bus 99, device 4, function 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PCI Slot 0 PCI bus 99, device 4, function 0: PCI-to-PCI Bridge Properties General TabThis device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31 The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device. PCI-to-PCI Bridge Properties Details & Events...
  3. Lookin for apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lookin for apps: Looking for an app that works similar to the good reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lookin-for-apps/c13508d4-329f-4d7f-a7fe-b86f88ec77cf
  4. Pci e

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pci e: Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885
  5. Pci e

in Windows 10 Support
    Pci e: Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885
  6. PCI E card not recognized

PCI E card not recognized: Hello I installed a 2 port PCI Express1 3 94 a Firewire card on my Windows 10 - 64 bits computer The manufacturer (StarTech) representative told me it would work without problem Unfortunately, it dose not and the card is not even recognized Did I forget something (BIOS...
  7. PCI E card not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    PCI E card not recognized: Hello I installed a 2 port PCI Express1 3 94 a Firewire card on my Windows 10 - 64 bits computer The manufacturer (StarTech) representative told me it would work without problem Unfortunately, it dose not and the card is not even recognized Did I forget something (BIOS...
  8. PCI-E x8 in x16 Slot

PCI-E x8 in x16 Slot: From what I have read, it seems that one can use a PCI-E x8 card in a x16 slot. Im looking to install a PCI-E SAS card in my desktop. Nearly all of the ones Ive seen so far seem to use a x8 interface but my desktop has only 2 x16 slots, 1 x4 slot and 2 x1 slots. Before I pull...
  9. Will a PCI-E x8 2.0 card work in a PCI-E x16 1.1 slot?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Will a PCI-E x8 2.0 card work in a PCI-E x16 1.1 slot?: I just ordered a new video card, the Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 LP, but then I saw on the gigabyte website that it's PCI-E x8 2.0. That will work on a PCI-E x16 1.1 slot, right? Video card: GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - NVIDIA - PCI Express Solution - GeForce(R) 700 Series -...
  10. Ati x800xl pci e?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Ati x800xl pci e?: Does the x800xl work in win 10 64? I just need it for testing because the psu I have is only 400w and the only other spare card I have is a GTX280 200+ watt that wouldn't even run on a 500w psu so with a 400w psu the gtx280 is out of the question. Thanks in advance. 70687

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pc with pci slot