Windows 10: Want to sell my laptop and need to delete my admin account for obvious reasons

Discus and support Want to sell my laptop and need to delete my admin account for obvious reasons in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought a Lenovo Yoga 300 laptop with windows 10. However, it hasn't got the hard drive memory capacity I thought it did and I am going to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MBMalaga, Jan 16, 2019.

1. MBMalaga Win User

Want to sell my laptop and need to delete my admin account for obvious reasons

Hi,

I just bought a Lenovo Yoga 300 laptop with windows 10. However, it hasn't got the hard drive memory capacity I thought it did and I am going to sell it. Obviously, before I sell it I want to remove my admin account, which is linked to my microsoft account, as so much of my personal data is on there. I've been going round in circles trying to do this. I've checked on here and created a local account, which I can change to, but then once there can't see the admin (built-in) account to delete. So at the moment I have the local account and my personal admin / built-in account on the laptop.

What can I do? I can't sell the laptop without removing my account first. Ideally, I would like to leave the laptop completeley resetted to factory settings, (but still having windows 10 on it so the new user can then introduce their own account).

Many thanks.

:)

MBMalaga, Jan 16, 2019

2. Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account?

As the thread title suggests, I am in the process of selling my laptop and need to remove my account before sending it off to the new buyer.

I thought all I needed to set up a new admin account, log in to that and delete my account from there but the account set up (for the new admin account) keeps asking for an email address or phone number.

Any suggestions on how to do this would be appreciated Want to sell my laptop and need to delete my admin account for obvious reasons :)

SteveGPhoto, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Want to sell my laptop and need to delete my admin account for obvious reasons

Facebook Allows Users to Delete Accounts

Yes, for quite some time, once you had a Facebook account, it wasn't going anywhere. Now, fortunately for college students and people with no attention span everywhere, Facebook now allows said people to delete their Facebook accounts. This was in direct response to user complaints about not being able to delete their accounts, if desired. Even if users were able to delete their own accounts, there were no obvious directions on how to do that. Another reason that Facebook decided to allow users to delete their accounts was a reason that could have gotten Facebook sued if they did not address it: privacy. The "I didn't actually make a Facebook" E-mails were really racking up in Facebook's inbox, and Facebook sometimes made it all too easy for people to research intimate/private/personal details of users' lives. At this point, deleting your account is just a help-page away. Facebook admins are considering adding a "delete account" button.

Source: The Inquirer

zekrahminator, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Want to sell my laptop and need to delete my admin account for obvious reasons

1. Want to sell my laptop and need to delete my admin account for obvious reasons - Similar Threads - sell laptop need

2. Selling my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Selling my laptop: I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook laptop 6.00 GB Ram 64 bit OP System, which I want to sell. It is a few years old, buthardly used, and is in prestine condition. If I remove everything, I believe it will automatically install the Windows that itcame with when I purchased it...
  3. Selling my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selling my laptop: I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook laptop 6.00 GB Ram 64 bit OP System, which I want to sell. It is a few years old, buthardly used, and is in prestine condition. If I remove everything, I believe it will automatically install the Windows that itcame with when I purchased it...
  4. Selling my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reset Issue.I want to sell my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Issue.I want to sell my laptop: Hi, I tried to reset my surface pro multiple times including a factory reset from the lockscreen and settings but when it is done, it keeps telling me to sign into work or school saying “Welcome to LV”Organization. I want to give the laptop out to someone is their anyway I...
  6. Reset Issue.I want to sell my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Issue.I want to sell my laptop: Hi, I tried to reset my surface pro multiple times including a factory reset from the lockscreen and settings but when it is done, it keeps telling me to sign into work or school saying “Welcome to LV”Organization. I want to give the laptop out to someone is their anyway I...
  7. My system often Deadlocks with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My system often Deadlocks with no obvious reason: Hello everyone from few days I have a problem with my Laptop Asus FX505DY-BQ009T. Once I installed Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Software. It was version 20.11.2. It was fine, but then I saw that there's a newer version can't remember its number. So I installed it. I started...
  8. Deleted Admin account. Want to recover it.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted Admin account. Want to recover it.: My first admin account after building my computer was a school account that was not a microsoft account or a local account. I used a PIN to unlock the computer. I decided to change the PC from using a school account to a local account. I then created a new local account and...
  9. deleted my admin account

deleted my admin account: I deleted my admin account trying to follow directions using the netplwiz command to eliminate the need to log in with a password. When I restarted my computer it now refuses my password though it still identifies the old profile with my full name. I am definitely typing my...
  10. Selling PC Want to delete main account

Selling PC Want to delete main account: I have Win 10 pro on my other PC. I want to delete the Microsoft account before I sell it. How do I do this? I not want to start over & reinstall Windows 7 & make a new account before I sell it. I have fresh install now but it used my email addy to log into windows. Also If...