Windows 10: Want To spread the word about a scam

Discus and support Want To spread the word about a scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there everyone. I come to you today wanting to spread awareness of a scam website and program. Im posting this here and any other sites like social... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NiblyNomz, Jun 15, 2020.

1. NiblyNomz Win User

Want To spread the word about a scam

Hi there everyone. I come to you today wanting to spread awareness of a scam website and program. Im posting this here and any other sites like social media or on ads i see for said program so others do not have the same experience i did. About a week ago I was installing the latest version of OBS which is a recording and streaming software. Because i wanted to record my gameplay for my friends to see. Upon looking on their website i found a list of recommended video editing software. Free and non free ones. One such program was called Avid Media Composer. Upon going to the site i read up about it and it looked like a very professional website. Good claims etc etc. So i decided i would try out said software and lucky for me there was a free version on their site. Avid Media Composer First. The rest you had to either subscribe for or purchase similar to nortons anti virus which mind you i had on my laptop at the time. The pro version. Latest version 360. So i had very strong security on my computer. As the instillation begun listing required stuff to run nortons scanned it before i hit the start instillation button. And everything seemed fine. So i started. Waited for it to finish. And as soon as it said instillation complete my entire computer went black. Powered off. I was confused by this so i turned it back on. It immediately brought up the troubleshoot blue menu. And no matter how many times i backed out or turned off and on again it always gave me this menu. So thats as far as i could go. I spent days upon days nights without sleep. Trying to figure out what was wrong. settings menus were changed. The scan option to fix any hardware issues only brought errors back. Removing latest update or windows version was not an option it would pop up saying it was unable to do so. So i went into firmware and bios settings. Everything was normal except certain options like safe mode was entirely gone. And no F keys during boot would allow me to enter into that mode. Nothing worked. I set stuff back to default just to make sure. No change. so i decided id back up from the troubleshoot menu all my 5 years worth of data to a hard drive. And i did. I was now prepaired to reset my pc. BUT low and behold. That option in the menu was removed as well. Normally u go to the troubleshoot menu and there it says reset this pc. That was gone. And that option was gone in any other menu in the fiemware as well. Command prompt acted like that command wasnt even there and any command promt commands i put in there suggested by any other site even here also came back as not being a command. So i now had a computer that would not boot windows exe, would not leave troubleshoot. Wouod not enter into safe mode. Would not take commands nor allow me to reset it. Therefore i no longer had a pc. My only option left is to try from a windows instillation disk. IF that works. The whole ordeal had me so stressed out, panicked and refusing to sleep out of sheer frustration. So i have taken to every place i can To warn people of this site and product. As nobody should go thru this. Nor lose their stuff. Even if i wanted to i could not afford to get it worked on in a shop. And my warranty expired a year ago. So therefore ive just decided to leave it alone for now. But People should know my story. People should be aware of this scam. I dont know where i can report this site or program and get it taken down or looked into so this is the best i can think of. To spread the word. To protect others. And since my computer ran windows 10. I thought you all should know on here as well. Thank you for taking the time to read this if you do. And i hope nothing like this ever happens to any more people.

:)

NiblyNomz, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User

three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Want To spread the word about a scam - Similar Threads - spread word scam

2. Question about Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Word: I want to create a form letter in Word and type [Date] into the master document. I then want to have that disappear when I begin typing the actual date in that spot. I want to do the same thing with [Name], [Address], etc. Can you tell me how to accomplish this or send me a...
  3. Question about Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Word: I want to create a form letter in Word and type [Date] into the master document. I then want to have that disappear when I begin typing the actual date in that spot. I want to do the same thing with [Name], [Address], etc. Can you tell me how to accomplish this or send me a...
  4. Question about Word

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Concern about possible scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Concern about possible scam: I keep getting a message on my desktop that says "Some of your accounts require attention", asking me to go to Shared Experiences under Settings to "fix it". I am concerned this is some type of scam. Is this legitimate?...
  6. Be Careful about an xbox Scam email

Be Careful about an xbox Scam email: For the last couple of years, people have been creating fake microsoft Xbox emails that can hack peoples account. (IT CANT) it just tryes to hack YOUR microsoft account.. They tell you to give them your email and password. So, please dont trust any of these fake emails. :)...
  7. Question about possible scam

Question about possible scam: I have been contact by a company that claims I have been using there software for the past two years with a electronic signed contract(emailed me proof)I have looked for this software on my computer and cannot find it anywhere. The company is called US Info Solutions (***...
  8. Important Information About Scam Emails

Important Information About Scam Emails: This is pretty important, so please just read this and be aware: Rule #1: ALWAYS use a computer that has an onscreen mouse (a desktop computer or a laptop computer) to check your emails that are very important, such as emails from your: bank account, work emails,...
  9. In Word, 2 page spread is sent and changes to pdf

in Windows 10 Support
    In Word, 2 page spread is sent and changes to pdf: I edit a magazine (not for money) and do this with a 2 page spread onscreen; when I send it to someone else for checking and printing, it chnges from my Compatibility mode to a pdf doc, which alters the spacing etc for printing. What can I do so that the receiver gets it in...
  10. What do I want to know about this scam?

What do I want to know about this scam?: Suddenly popped up. Does not give any workable option to close it. URL is strange, all sorts of flags here.... I even had a difficult time to regain control of the computer. It played a loud announcement. I switched off the speaker. Claims to be Windows Defender....