Windows 10: Want to start a mobile hotspot without internet for lan games when I donn't have internet...

Discus and support Want to start a mobile hotspot without internet for lan games when I donn't have internet... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm trying to setup a mobile hotspot for playing civilization over LAN but windows 10 seems to arbitrarily lock me out from doing so for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Noah Metz, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Noah Metz Win User

Want to start a mobile hotspot without internet for lan games when I donn't have internet...

Hi there, I'm trying to setup a mobile hotspot for playing civilization over LAN but windows 10 seems to arbitrarily lock me out from doing so for some reason. Is there any way around this, or do I need to install Linux on my surface to not be arbitrarily locked out of some features?

:)

Noah Metz, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Mobile hotspot cutting internet

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• How are you connecting to the mobile hotspot?
    • Which driver did you remove to fix the issue?

It appears that you are using USB tither to connect to the mobile internet which is different from mobile hotspot or the computer is connected to a LAN (Wired network).

If the issue is with your wired network, you may follow the steps mentioned in the article below.

Fix network connection issues in Windows

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 26, 2019
  3. best way to use laptop internet as hotspot?

Hello,

My wifi router isnt working rightnow but internet is working by lan cable in laptop directly.

How can i use my laptop as wifi hotspot and use wifi in my mobile phone?

thx.

freebird_9924, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Joe Men Win User

Want to start a mobile hotspot without internet for lan games when I donn't have internet...

Enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on Lumia 950

Hello,
    Christene

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you want to enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your Lumia 950.

To enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Network & wireless.
    • Tap Mobile hotspot.
    • Tap on the On/Off slider to enable the Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Want to start a mobile hotspot without internet for lan games when I donn't have internet... - Similar Threads - start mobile hotspot

2. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  3. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  4. Internet unavailable when I turned on mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet unavailable when I turned on mobile hotspot: I use LAN daily for my internet uses on laptop. I also use the mobile hotspot feature on windows for my smartphone. However, a few days ago, there is no internet access all of a sudden on my laptop. However, my smartphone can still access internet through the mobile hotspot...
  5. Internet unavailable when I turned on mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet unavailable when I turned on mobile hotspot: I use LAN daily for my internet uses on laptop. I also use the mobile hotspot feature on windows for my smartphone. However, a few days ago, there is no internet access all of a sudden on my laptop. However, my smartphone can still access internet through the mobile hotspot...
  6. Internet unavailable when I turned on mobile hotspot

7. my mobile hotspot dose not have internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mobile hotspot dose not have internet: my mobile hotspot dose not have internet access and i don't know why i tried to flush the dns and reset the ip and reset the network adapter but nothing works can someone please help...
  8. my mobile hotspot dose not have internet

my mobile hotspot dose not have internet: my mobile hotspot dose not have internet access and i don't know why i tried to flush the dns and reset the ip and reset the network adapter but nothing works can someone please help...
  9. Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection: Hello everyone, how i can use the function HOTSPOT on Windows 10 (1809), without internet? I wanna connect my smartphone to another use. It's possible? On windows 7, i can use this, simple, but in the windows 10 not work. - I tried use: v OK, But netsh wlan...
  10. Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection: I am developing an offline solution and would like to use the Mobile Hotspot Wi-Fi in areas without internet service. It seems that the Mobile hotspot cannot be turned on when I'm offline. Is there any workaround for this? Please advise. Many thanks! Noah...