Windows 10: Want to stop one drive as default

Discus and support Want to stop one drive as default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just wiped my computer and now installing my files. I copy/paste all My Documents to Documents. It said PC.Documents. When I went to the folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by The Pool Commish, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Want to stop one drive as default

I just wiped my computer and now installing my files. I copy/paste all My Documents to Documents. It said PC.Documents. When I went to the folder Documents they were not there. I found them out that downloads default to One Drive. I then uninstalled One Drive. But it still is defaulting to the One Drive. All the info on line says to go to settings and do it there. I don't have the program (icon or in control panel) to get to do what the "web" says to do.

So...I going to the experts for help. All I want is to get rid of One Drive.

Thanks,

Tony

:)

The Pool Commish, Apr 6, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Want to stop one drive as default :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 6, 2019
  3. little cat, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Want to stop one drive as default

Auto set is turned on and all defaults are set to ask me , but, Auto play stopped asking what to do ,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Autoplay Settings.
    • Under Choose Autoplay defaults set Removable Drive and Memory Card to
      Open folder to view files.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Want to stop one drive as default

1. Want to stop one drive as default - Similar Threads - stop drive default

2. Change Default One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default One Drive: Hi!I have a personal and business one drive on my laptop. Currently it is using my personal one drive as default one. How can I change it to business one drive?ThanksGaurav...
  3. Change Default One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Default One Drive: Hi!I have a personal and business one drive on my laptop. Currently it is using my personal one drive as default one. How can I change it to business one drive?ThanksGaurav...
  4. don't want to utilize one drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    don't want to utilize one drive: i do not want my files on onedrive. how do i get them off and back onto "my pc"? when i try manually move them, i get this message "there is not enough space on one drive......"...
  5. I want to uninstall ONE DRIVE...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to uninstall ONE DRIVE...: I want to uninstall ONE DRIVE. I never wanted it in the first place. Now, it has taken over my laptop and I can't get rid of it. Any suggestions? Nothing seems to be working and I am not smart enough to figure it out on my own......
  6. Stop One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop One Drive: How do I stop this program? I just want to save to my PC and have my information stored there, not on this. How do I unistall this and not have it purge my files off my PC because I unistalled this program?...
  7. One Drive sync stopped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One Drive sync stopped: One drive stopped and when I try to restart it it comes up with this message. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-sync-stopped/278185fa-0661-47d0-ad0a-919715c473cc
  8. Default location - One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default location - One Drive: I have recently reset my laptop and reinstalled Windows 10. The target location for storing pictures is C:\Users\chris\OneDrive\Pictures and but I dont want them to save to OneDrive, I want them to save to my laptop. When trying to redirect the folder that they save in I...
  9. One drive default security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    One drive default security: I have question with OneDrive. I wonder if there is native or default security feature with ondrive. a virus was detected on a file shared with me, but i dot know who has the file or where is it....
  10. How to Stop One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Stop One Drive: I would like to keep One Drive from loading every time I reboot, but not get rid of it entirely. How can I do this? 73003