Windows 10: want to switch to IBM German keyboard, but dead keys doesn't work

Discus and support want to switch to IBM German keyboard, but dead keys doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I want to switch to IBM German keyboard because the Caps Lock properties are more comfortable. I tried it, but dead keys doesn't work for and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Erhy, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Erhy Win User

want to switch to IBM German keyboard, but dead keys doesn't work

Hello,
    I want to switch to IBM German keyboard because the Caps Lock properties are more comfortable.

I tried it, but dead keys doesn't work for and so on.

Have you an idea how to fix it?

Erh
    with Windows 10 Version 1909 (10.0.18363 Build 18363)

:)

2. keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, Jun 22, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

want to switch to IBM German keyboard, but dead keys doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 22, 2020
  4. want to switch to IBM German keyboard, but dead keys doesn't work

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

want to switch to IBM German keyboard, but dead keys doesn't work

1. want to switch to IBM German keyboard, but dead keys doesn't work - Similar Threads - switch IBM German

2. The "hashtag" button on my Austrian / German keyboard settings doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "hashtag" button on my Austrian / German keyboard settings doesn't work: Good day!I am on Win 11 and I have a problem, whenever I press the hashtag button and expect the hashtag symbol on my Austrian / German keyboard. Seems very weird, because if I change the keyboard to the bosnian one for example in the Windows settings, I can use the key...
  3. The "hashtag" button on my Austrian / German keyboard settings doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "hashtag" button on my Austrian / German keyboard settings doesn't work: Good day!I am on Win 11 and I have a problem, whenever I press the hashtag button and expect the hashtag symbol on my Austrian / German keyboard. Seems very weird, because if I change the keyboard to the bosnian one for example in the Windows settings, I can use the key...
  4. Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard: I couldn't find anyone having the same issue anywhere on the internet, so I decided to ask this question. I have the problem that on my laptop, the caps lock key is not working for some specific keys. I have a German keyboard layout. These keys are: [^ ´ - <], brackets NOT...
  5. Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard: I couldn't find anyone having the same issue anywhere on the internet, so I decided to ask this question. I have the problem that on my laptop, the caps lock key is not working for some specific keys. I have a German keyboard layout. These keys are: [^ ´ - <], brackets NOT...
  6. German keyboard alt gr key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    German keyboard alt gr key not working: I have a German keyboard and I'm using English German QUERTZ layout in the setting. Alt gr key on my keyboard is not working for some keys. I've tried different language input settings and tried changing my regional settings as well but still not working....
  7. Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard): Hello there, I just found out that the dead keys on some of our computers do not work properly. Via osk the input does not work as well. I compared the settings with another one that is working just fine and tried it the same way. By typing + e I still get "e" instead of...
  8. Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard): Hello there, I just found out that the dead keys on one of our computers do not work properly. Via osk the input does not work as well. I compared the settings with another one that is working just fine and tried it the same way. By typing ´ + e I still get "´e" instead of...
  9. Switching dead key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching dead key: Hi! Is there a way to change the dead key from '/" to `/~? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-dead-key/2f701169-f1bb-451b-af8d-a50f23b50aa0
  10. German keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    German keyboard: Hello, Recently a keyboard language appeared out of nowhere in my windows, the German keyboard. [ATTACH] As you can see in the screenshot, the German keyboard appears despite not being reflected in the windows settings. I read in another post that I had to enter the...