Windows 10: want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.

Discus and support want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; greetings. Im planing to discard my ssd drive but im not sure if i can activate windows using digital license, because when I look at the activation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ben0ben, Sep 19, 2022.

1. ben0ben Win User

want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.

greetings. Im planing to discard my ssd drive but im not sure if i can activate windows using digital license, because when I look at the activation page it just says "windows is activated" instead of "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account." im using windows 10 pro 212h O.S build 19044.2006the questions are:- how to confirm that i own a digital license - if the digital license is not linked to my microsoft account, how can i link it?thank you

:)

ben0ben, Sep 19, 2022
  2. Jguo65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard

Hi,

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and my windows settings say I have a digital license. I recently bought a new motherboard and new SSD. I cloned the OS from my old SSD to my new SSD and my PC can boot and I can log in, however it tells me that I need
    to activate windows. I was under the assumption that the digital license I had would follow my account, so when I would log in it would activate windows but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Do I need to deactivate the digital license on the previous motherboard/SSD first before I can reactivate on my new hardware? That is the only other explanation I could think of as to why this isn't working, but I don't want to deactivate my digital license
    on my old hardware only to have this issue persist on my current new hardware. Could I get confirmation? And if so, can I also get steps on how to properly dissociate my digital license from the old hardware before I can use it for my new hardware?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jguo65, Sep 19, 2022
  3. Activating a Windows 10 digital license - SATA drive to SSD

Hello, I'm in the process of migrating from a standard SATA drive to an SSD. I'll being using the SSD as my primary boot drive. And I'm wanting to install a fresh copy of Win10.

I'm pretty certain I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and don't believe I have a product key - just the digital license.

Is it possible to download a copy of Win10 and somehow activate it with my current license? If so, can someone outline the steps to take?

If this is not possible, I guess I'll be forced to buy a copy of Win10.

Thanks,

Andy

hikerguy6262, Sep 19, 2022
  4. want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 19, 2022
Thema:

want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.

1. want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license. - Similar Threads - throw away ssd

2. Digital License Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital License Activation: I purchased a Digital License of Windows 11 Pro and recently reset my PC while keeping the files but now that I’ve finish setting up my computer, it says I need to activate Windows. Someone help please....
  3. Digital License Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital License Activation: I purchased a Digital License of Windows 11 Pro and recently reset my PC while keeping the files but now that I’ve finish setting up my computer, it says I need to activate Windows. Someone help please....
  4. want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.: greetings. Im planing to discard my ssd drive but im not sure if i can activate windows using digital license, because when I look at the activation page it just says "windows is activated" instead of "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...
  5. want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.: greetings. Im planing to discard my ssd drive but im not sure if i can activate windows using digital license, because when I look at the activation page it just says "windows is activated" instead of "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...
  6. how i can delete Digital License Activation

how i can delete Digital License Activation: Hello ,I was using a crack to activate Windows and I thought I removed it, but it turned out that it is still there and every copy of Windows I install on this device is activated by this crack and I tried to remove it from this device but I could not, and I cannot use this...
  7. how i can delete Digital License Activation

how i can delete Digital License Activation: Hello ,I was using a crack to activate Windows and I thought I removed it, but it turned out that it is still there and every copy of Windows I install on this device is activated by this crack and I tried to remove it from this device but I could not, and I cannot use this...
  8. I couldnt activate my digital license

I couldnt activate my digital license: hi all i changed my computer hardware but now i can't activate my digital licensed windows 10 pro. i did these steps 1 - login my microsoft account and i remove old desktop 2 - my new desktop appeared on microsoft account and 3 - when i go - startup > options >...
  9. HOW CAN I ACTIVATE DIGITAL LICENSE FREE OF COST ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW CAN I ACTIVATE DIGITAL LICENSE FREE OF COST ?: KINDLY TELL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-digital-license-free-of-cost/8fd6adff-f747-4efe-9da1-f885d020ce90
  10. Activation and digital licensing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation and digital licensing: I have a Toshiba Satellite A200 purchased with windows Vista Pre-installed. This was replaced with a purchased version of windows 7 and then with windows 8 also purchased both activated by the 25 digit product key that came with the product in the normal fashion. Windows 8...