Windows 10: want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.

Discus and support want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; greetings. Im planing to discard my ssd drive but im not sure if i can activate windows using digital license, because when I look at the activation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ben0ben, Sep 19, 2022.

1. ben0ben Win User

want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.

greetings. Im planing to discard my ssd drive but im not sure if i can activate windows using digital license, because when I look at the activation page it just says "windows is activated" instead of "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account." im using windows 10 pro 212h O.S build 19044.2006the questions are:- how to confirm that i own a digital license - if the digital license is not linked to my microsoft account, how can i link it?thank you

:)

ben0ben, Sep 19, 2022
  2. Jguo65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard

Hi,

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and my windows settings say I have a digital license. I recently bought a new motherboard and new SSD. I cloned the OS from my old SSD to my new SSD and my PC can boot and I can log in, however it tells me that I need
    to activate windows. I was under the assumption that the digital license I had would follow my account, so when I would log in it would activate windows but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Do I need to deactivate the digital license on the previous motherboard/SSD first before I can reactivate on my new hardware? That is the only other explanation I could think of as to why this isn't working, but I don't want to deactivate my digital license
    on my old hardware only to have this issue persist on my current new hardware. Could I get confirmation? And if so, can I also get steps on how to properly dissociate my digital license from the old hardware before I can use it for my new hardware?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jguo65, Sep 19, 2022
  3. Activating a Windows 10 digital license - SATA drive to SSD

Hello, I'm in the process of migrating from a standard SATA drive to an SSD. I'll being using the SSD as my primary boot drive. And I'm wanting to install a fresh copy of Win10.

I'm pretty certain I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and don't believe I have a product key - just the digital license.

Is it possible to download a copy of Win10 and somehow activate it with my current license? If so, can someone outline the steps to take?

If this is not possible, I guess I'll be forced to buy a copy of Win10.

Thanks,

Andy

hikerguy6262, Sep 19, 2022
  4. want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 19, 2022
Thema:

want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.

1. want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license. - Similar Threads - throw away ssd

2. Digital License Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital License Activation: I purchased a Digital License of Windows 11 Pro and recently reset my PC while keeping the files but now that I’ve finish setting up my computer, it says I need to activate Windows. Someone help please....
  3. Digital License Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital License Activation: I purchased a Digital License of Windows 11 Pro and recently reset my PC while keeping the files but now that I’ve finish setting up my computer, it says I need to activate Windows. Someone help please....
  4. want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.: greetings. Im planing to discard my ssd drive but im not sure if i can activate windows using digital license, because when I look at the activation page it just says "windows is activated" instead of "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...
  5. want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    want to throw away my ssd but not sure if i can activate with a digital license.: greetings. Im planing to discard my ssd drive but im not sure if i can activate windows using digital license, because when I look at the activation page it just says "windows is activated" instead of "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...
  6. how i can delete Digital License Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how i can delete Digital License Activation: Hello ,I was using a crack to activate Windows and I thought I removed it, but it turned out that it is still there and every copy of Windows I install on this device is activated by this crack and I tried to remove it from this device but I could not, and I cannot use this...
  7. how i can delete Digital License Activation

how i can delete Digital License Activation: Hello ,I was using a crack to activate Windows and I thought I removed it, but it turned out that it is still there and every copy of Windows I install on this device is activated by this crack and I tried to remove it from this device but I could not, and I cannot use this...
  8. I couldnt activate my digital license

I couldnt activate my digital license: hi all i changed my computer hardware but now i can't activate my digital licensed windows 10 pro. i did these steps 1 - login my microsoft account and i remove old desktop 2 - my new desktop appeared on microsoft account and 3 - when i go - startup > options >...
  9. HOW CAN I ACTIVATE DIGITAL LICENSE FREE OF COST ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW CAN I ACTIVATE DIGITAL LICENSE FREE OF COST ?: KINDLY TELL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-digital-license-free-of-cost/8fd6adff-f747-4efe-9da1-f885d020ce90
  10. Activation and digital licensing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation and digital licensing: I have a Toshiba Satellite A200 purchased with windows Vista Pre-installed. This was replaced with a purchased version of windows 7 and then with windows 8 also purchased both activated by the 25 digit product key that came with the product in the normal fashion. Windows 8...