Windows 10: Want to upgrade my CPU, Mobo, and GPU when Navi and Zen 2 come out in July, will I have...

Discus and support Want to upgrade my CPU, Mobo, and GPU when Navi and Zen 2 come out in July, will I have... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So the title really explains it all, I know that as a security measure sometimes Microsoft will deactivate Windows when some parts of your PC change.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by heck frick darn, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Want to upgrade my CPU, Mobo, and GPU when Navi and Zen 2 come out in July, will I have...

So the title really explains it all, I know that as a security measure sometimes Microsoft will deactivate Windows when some parts of your PC change. How can I avoid this?

Thanks guys.

:)

heck frick darn, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Kenp180 Win User

Upgrading mobo and cpu

Currently have AMD Phenomx4, ddr3 ram with AM3 socket. Moving to AMD 10a-7700k cpu and ASUS mobo which use ddr3 but are FM2+ socket. Will my version of Win10 (1709), downloaded as free upgrade from Win7, be linked to my MS Account and therefore reactivate
    automatically with such a hardware change. Or will I need to purchase another licence or alter BIOS settings. I am a complete novice on this side of computing so any helpful advice very much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

Kenp180, Jun 5, 2019
  3. GPU not detected

Hello,

I have been slowly rebuilding my old desktop. Some of the parts are old, but I have currently upgraded the RAM, mobo, CPU and hard drive. I would like to try and keep it where it is at instead of spending more money on it. I am experiencing an issue with
    detecting the graphics card. I have a monitor hooked up to the graphics card and, obviously, I can see what is going on. So I know that the GPU is being detected, but when I got to device manager, I cannot find the GPU anywhere. I have also typed in the
    command

into command prompt and it also says that the only video card I am using is the Windows Basic Display Adapter. I have checked online and the GPU is compatible with the motherboard so I know that isn't an issue. For reference the GPU is a GTX 560 Ti. I
    know it is a bit older, but I don't really need to update for the games I play. I just need it to work. Are there any other suggestions as to what I should do? I have listed my current build below.

Mobo: ASROCK x370 Gaming k4

RAM: EVGA DDR4 16GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x Six Core Processor

Again, any suggestions on how to solve this so my GPU is detected would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much and have a great day!

Moved from: [ Windows / Gaming on Windows 10 ]

ryankelly0117, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Joakia Win User

Want to upgrade my CPU, Mobo, and GPU when Navi and Zen 2 come out in July, will I have...

Do I need a better CPU or GPU?

System Requirements

• MINIMUM:
      • Processor: Intel i5-4590 3.3 GHz
      • Memory: 8 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970

• RECOMMENDED:
      • Processor: Intel i7-4770 3.4 GHz
      • Memory: 8 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 980

So I think I am in the recommended zone. But its true that my rig is getting old. Im am considering AMD ZEN the day it comes out, but I really want to stick with my fx 8350 for now. I have a feeling that a 1070 would help, but Im not sure. Are you able to see whats wrong out of the picture below that I took today? Do you see any signs if its the CPU or the GPU? The GPU usage are jumping up and down alot, but I dont know if that is normal, or if its a bottleneck from the CPU. Any ideas?
    Want to upgrade my CPU, Mobo, and GPU when Navi and Zen 2 come out in July, will I have... [​IMG]

Joakia, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Want to upgrade my CPU, Mobo, and GPU when Navi and Zen 2 come out in July, will I have...

1. Want to upgrade my CPU, Mobo, and GPU when Navi and Zen 2 come out in July, will I have... - Similar Threads - upgrade CPU Mobo

2. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade mobo and cpu: Hello im upgrading my motherboardand cpu,and my question is what i need to archivemaybe my windows?Also were I can find my windows key?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-mobo-and-cpu/62c21727-4492-4af4-87a4-eab84b67dd49
  3. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade mobo and cpu: Hello im upgrading my motherboardand cpu,and my question is what i need to archivemaybe my windows?Also were I can find my windows key?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-mobo-and-cpu/62c21727-4492-4af4-87a4-eab84b67dd49
  4. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want no retarded answers!!! I have installed a new Mobo and CPU, when booting my PC up it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want no retarded answers!!! I have installed a new Mobo and CPU, when booting my PC up it...: Added new Mobo and CPU to my PC today and now when I boot up it's saying about passcode etc but I can't connect to my internet for some strange reason it only shows flight mode in the network options. How do I reset it?, how do I resolve this?...
  6. I want no retarded answers!!! I have installed a new Mobo and CPU, when booting my PC up it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want no retarded answers!!! I have installed a new Mobo and CPU, when booting my PC up it...: Added new Mobo and CPU to my PC today and now when I boot up it's saying about passcode etc but I can't connect to my internet for some strange reason it only shows flight mode in the network options. How do I reset it?, how do I resolve this?...
  7. I have 2 GPU's on my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 2 GPU's on my laptop: [ATTACH] hello, sorry in advance if my English isn't good. I've just bought a laptop with NVIDIA GPU so I could do some graphic work more efficiently.anyway, the laptop arrived today and I noticed I also have 'Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics' installed. when using the...
  8. Looking to upgrade CPU and Mobo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking to upgrade CPU and Mobo: Hey Guys! Here are my computer specs: Dell XPS 8700 Original Motherboard CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 @ 3GHz Quad core 3001Mhz Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X series (2 x 8GB) 240pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti I was looking to upgrade my CPU and motherboard and...
  9. Buying a new Mobo, CPU, and GPU. Have an SSD with windows 10 in it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Buying a new Mobo, CPU, and GPU. Have an SSD with windows 10 in it.: Hi I'm currently gonna buy a new Motherboard and cpu and ram and gpu. I want to use my current SSD that has windows installed already, i built this computer, what do i have to do in order to avoid any errors?...
  10. Activation after CPU and mobo upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after CPU and mobo upgrade: I'm updating my wife's Home PC to a new CPU and mobo (old had only 4G DDR2 memory and was slower than molasses). This PC was originally Win 7 Home and I used the free upgrade facility to go to Win 10 Home. This PC is listed as one of my devices under my account at...