Windows 10: want TV to stop saying, Out of range, change your PC input signal resolution.

Discus and support want TV to stop saying, Out of range, change your PC input signal resolution. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a HP monitor hooked to my PC as well as my television. How can I change my PC's resolution so the TV will stop saying, Out of range, change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Angelbee62, Feb 4, 2019.

1. want TV to stop saying, Out of range, change your PC input signal resolution.

I have a HP monitor hooked to my PC as well as my television. How can I change my PC's resolution so the TV will stop saying, Out of range, change your PC input signal resolution. I have windows 10 and a classic start menu and I am NOT tech savvy.

:)

Angelbee62, Feb 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 'Input Out of Range Error' solved on my pc.

I had this issue for a few days and did not find anyway of a resolution. I finally started to troubleshoot myself, since nothing online would help. I have a three monitor setup.

Steps:

1. Right click on desktop background.

2. Click on display settings.

3. Click on Advanced display settings.

My desktop resolution and active signal resolution were different. The active signal resolution was larger than the active signal resolution.

4. Click on Display adapter properties for Display 1, 2, etc.

5. On Adapter Tab click on List All Mode.

My input out range mode said to change to 1680 x 1050.

6. Click on a range lower than what the the monitor resolution is.

7. Click OK and then click apply.

8. Click apply changes.

9. On Adapter Tab click on List All Mode.

10. Select the resolution the monitor is capable of handling.

11. Click OK and then click apply.

12. Click apply changes.

Now the input out of range should be removed from the screen. It worked for me and hopefully it works for you.

Mikey Butcher, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    "input signal out of range, change to 1600 x 1050 @ 60 HZ"

Hi,

Here are the reasons why you're getting the "input signal out of range, change to 1600 x 1050 @ 60 HZ" error:

• The monitor cannot accommodate the set refresh rate (e.g. 60Hz).
    • Outdated graphics card driver

For us to effectively assist you with this, we'd like to know the following:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you running on your device?
    • What is the maximum possible refresh rate can be set for your monitor (refer to monitor's manual)?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

want TV to stop saying, Out of range, change your PC input signal resolution.

INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE while playing Wizard 101

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

This happens if the signal from the video adapter exceeds the scan range of the monitor. The video card is feeding the monitor a signal stream in excess of what the monitor can accommodate. The two main causes for this are that either the resolution
    or the vertical frequency is set high.

You may try the troubleshooting steps listed in HP and Compaq Flat Panel Monitors - Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about
    No Signal, Signal out of Range, Sleep, or Power Save
    and check if it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

want TV to stop saying, Out of range, change your PC input signal resolution.

1. want TV to stop saying, Out of range, change your PC input signal resolution. - Similar Threads - stop saying range

2. Removed second monitor. Can't get correct resolution. "Input signal out of range"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removed second monitor. Can't get correct resolution. "Input signal out of range": I removed a second monitor from my wife's computer. Now the only monitor has the wrong resolution, displays the message "Input signal out of range" and goes to sleep after about a minute.I can't adjust the resolution to the recommended 1920 x 1080 it doesn't appear in the...
  3. Removed second monitor. Can't get correct resolution. "Input signal out of range"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed second monitor. Can't get correct resolution. "Input signal out of range": I removed a second monitor from my wife's computer. Now the only monitor has the wrong resolution, displays the message "Input signal out of range" and goes to sleep after about a minute.I can't adjust the resolution to the recommended 1920 x 1080 it doesn't appear in the...
  4. Removed second monitor. Can't get correct resolution. "Input signal out of range"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Input signal out of range problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input signal out of range problem: Today by mistake i changed the resolution of my pc and i saved it and now it is not showing the output on screen and i try to troubleshoot it by entering safe mode but the safe mode is not accepting my password even it is perfectly all right it is showing invalid password now...
  6. Monitor: Input Signal Out of Range

Monitor: Input Signal Out of Range: Good day! So I have this laptop running Windows 10 with a broken display no display at all and I connected it to a monitor to be able to use it. However, I cannot use it properly since it says "input signal out of range" and a black screen background but the laptop seems to...
  7. Input signal out of range, please change settings to 1280x1024-60Hz

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input signal out of range, please change settings to 1280x1024-60Hz: Input signal out of range, please change settings to 1280x1024-60Hz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-signal-out-of-range-please-change-settings/ae1b27a2-ce20-4008-b05c-8a5cd4288554
  8. INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE while playing Wizard 101

INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE while playing Wizard 101: Every time i get on wizard 101, an click to play. Input Signal Out Of Range! Current Settings: H=59.9kHZ V=60HZ and they tell me to change my settings to 1366*768-60 HZ. See i when to check my screen resolution and its at the settings they told me to switch too. AND its...
  9. How to fix Input Signal out of Range in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to fix Input Signal out of Range in Windows 10: I am using HP Desktop Workstation with Windows 10 installed and 64-bit version. Today while i was running the PC, it suddenly restarted for automatic installation of updates. And then, a black screen was displayed with windows 10 logo and few circles rotating under it....
  10. Input signal out of range after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Input signal out of range after Windows 10 Update: Hi everyone, I recently upgraded my Windows 7 operating system to Windows 10. Everything seemed to be working pretty well, except that the resolution didn't seem to fit very well (the screen was somewhat stretched and distorted, and any alternate settings that I chose...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change pc input signal resolution

2. input signal out of range switch to