Windows 10: Want Win 10 laptop to automatically connect to MS wireless display adaptor

Discus and support Want Win 10 laptop to automatically connect to MS wireless display adaptor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there any way to get my laptop running Windows 10 to automatically connect to my Microsoft wireless display adaptor. I just installed the adaptor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KarenManuel, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Want Win 10 laptop to automatically connect to MS wireless display adaptor

Is there any way to get my laptop running Windows 10 to automatically connect to my Microsoft wireless display adaptor. I just installed the adaptor and each time I open my laptop, I have to log in on my laptop, then manually connect the display adaptor before I can begin work. Is there a way to have the display adaptor automatically connect? Thanks

:)

KarenManuel, Apr 3, 2020
  2. argon42 Win User

Display Adaptor not connecting

I am having problems connecting my PC. My computer can detect the Display Adaptor, and I can click to connect it to my PC. The display adaptor will then change from the static "Ready to connect" screen to a dynamic "Connecting to PC" screen (the one with
    3 dots going from left to right). It eventually fails to connect and returns to the static "Ready to connect" screen.

It did work just fine before the Fall Creators update.

I have already reset the adaptor, replaced it with a new one, installed latest graphic and wireless drivers. I disabled my Kaspersky antivirus, deleted it, reinstalled it, checked firewall configuration.

So what else can I do, besides reinstalling Windows 10?

Extra details:

Intel NUC 6 i5 (Intel Iris Graphics 540, Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260)

Win 10 Education, version 1709, build 16299.125

Returned Wireless Display Adaptor version 2.0.8372, new Wireless Display Adaptor version 2.0.8350

argon42, Apr 3, 2020
  3. miracast wireless adaptor not connecting

Hi,

I am using a HP laptop with windows 10. On initial set up I can link my laptop to my monitor using the wireles adaptor dongle. The screen is mirrored as it should be and i have updated the latest firmware. The problem comes as soon as I disconnect the
    projector via the laptop or turn the monitor ofc the laptop cannot link to the monitor. The monitor says its ready to connect to my wireles adaptor and the devices screen on my laptop shows the adaptor is connected but cannot link together and project the
    screen. Eventually the laptop times out and says unable to connect.

The only way I can get the cast to work again is to manually delete the wireles adaptor dongle from the connected devices list and select add device and set up the wireless adaptor again. This happens every time and I have tried this on 2 x wireless adaptor
    dongles with my laptop and same results.

Any help with this is apreciated.

Many thanks

Jamie

jamiewooduk, Apr 3, 2020
  4. tracy5488 Win User

Want Win 10 laptop to automatically connect to MS wireless display adaptor

MS Wireless display adapter - wont connect

I have a MS Surface Book running Windows 10 and I bought a MS Wireless display adapter to connect to m Samsung Smart TV.

I plugged in the display adapter as per instructions and the connection was made immediately and my laptop now has the display adapter listed.

I was able to project from laptop to TV for a few minutes then it disconnected and will not reconnect.

Each time it tries, it briefly connects, I get the message saying there is a firmware update, but it does not stay connected long enough for me to run the update.

Its driving me mad.

Please help!

tracy5488, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Want Win 10 laptop to automatically connect to MS wireless display adaptor

1. Want Win 10 laptop to automatically connect to MS wireless display adaptor - Similar Threads - laptop automatically connect

2. MS wireless display app is not connected to any device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS wireless display app is not connected to any device: I have primarily tried to cast my android device to my win11 pc. The pc is detected on the phone but when clicked on the pc the progress is stuck on "connecting..." and on the wireless display app there is no response. Is there some setting missing on the windows registry or...
  3. MS wireless display app is not connected to any device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS wireless display app is not connected to any device: I have primarily tried to cast my android device to my win11 pc. The pc is detected on the phone but when clicked on the pc the progress is stuck on "connecting..." and on the wireless display app there is no response. Is there some setting missing on the windows registry or...
  4. Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor Not Connecting: I have recently bought a Microsoft wireless display adaptor however my computer fails to connect to it, I have tried self troubleshooting the problem by following the guide on Microsoft, I've redid my network and display drivers, I've restarted the adaptor, I've tried other...
  5. I want to connect my laptop to pc thru wireless display but

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to connect my laptop to pc thru wireless display but: I want to connect my laptop to pc thru wireless display but it is showing on my computer but i don't get the notification on my laptop. Is it because my pc is windows 10 and my laptop is windows 11 ? i did this before but my laptop had windows 10 is that why i can't connect ?...
  6. I want to connect my laptop to pc thru wireless display but

I want to connect my laptop to pc thru wireless display but: I want to connect my laptop to pc thru wireless display but it is showing on my computer but i don't get the notification on my laptop. Is it because my pc is windows 10 and my laptop is windows 11 ? i did this before but my laptop had windows 10 is that why i can't connect ?...
  7. MS Display adaptor not connecting - not activty shown on network adaptor

MS Display adaptor not connecting - not activty shown on network adaptor: HI I have recently bought an MS display adaptor. It has connected to both my Lenovo ThinkPad and Asus UX305UA Both windows 10 successfully but only once or twice. 95% of the time it does not work. I have checked and my wifi drivers are up to date as well as the intel...
  8. is there an app for windows 10 to automatically connect to wireless display?

is there an app for windows 10 to automatically connect to wireless display?: Hi, I'm able to connect to a wireless display, windows 10 on a Surface tablet. I'd like to be able to detect and automatically connect whenever the wireless display is made available, similar to how a wireless network is automatically connected...
  9. Wireless Display Adaptor connection error

Wireless Display Adaptor connection error: Hi everyone, I've been trying to connect Microsoft's Wireless Display Adapter on my second computer. The device works fine on the first one. Here is the situation: I've updated the firmware of the adapter with the first computer. I've followed microsoft's entire...
  10. Connect a Windows 10 Laptop to 2 Wireless displays

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect a Windows 10 Laptop to 2 Wireless displays: Good afternoon good Microsoft people, My workplace recently got 2 Roku TVs, that are perfect for connecting to wirelessly. However, when I attempt to connect to the second one, the first disconnects. I saw that there was a microsoft help page about how to do this, but it...