Windows 10: Wanted. A list of Directory and Subdirectories. Full Path.

Discus and support Wanted. A list of Directory and Subdirectories. Full Path. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted a complete path of directories and subdirectories. No files. For example, my file and path might be:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by R4F, Jul 8, 2020.

1. R4F
    R4F Win User

Wanted. A list of Directory and Subdirectories. Full Path.

I wanted a complete path of directories and subdirectories. No files. For example, my file and path might be:

D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\My_File.txt

I want:

D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\

How to do this?

:)

2. PianSa Win User

Suggestion in File Explorer to display full path of directory to move to/copy to

Because as it is right now, whenever I would copy several files from a directory to another directory, clicking the icon copy to, it would only list the name of the folder to copy to, and I would have to move the cursor on the icon of the relevant
    folder without clicking the cursor, so it would display the full path of that folder.

PianSa, Jul 8, 2020
  3. dictum Win User
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories

I am trying to restore my Documents to its default location from one of the volumes and getting this when I hit "Restore Default".

Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "I:\System Volume Information".
    Access is defied.

It is a permissions thing, but when I check under "Your info", it says "Local account / administrator".
    Why is everything so complicated and confusing under Win10?

Wanted. A list of Directory and Subdirectories. Full Path. [​IMG]

dictum, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Wanted. A list of Directory and Subdirectories. Full Path. - Similar Threads - Wanted list Directory

2. On Copy/Paste from directory to directory, show full path of both originating drive and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Copy/Paste from directory to directory, show full path of both originating drive and...: Dear Microsoft,Ode to Microsoft, thou crafters of code, Ode to Microsoft, thou crafters of code, Thy systems of order, where data hath flowed. Our plea in this moment, is simple and clear,Lend an ear to our words, let them resonate dear.'Tis a tale of directories, of paths...
  3. On Copy/Paste from directory to directory, show full path of both originating drive and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On Copy/Paste from directory to directory, show full path of both originating drive and...: Dear Microsoft,Ode to Microsoft, thou crafters of code, Ode to Microsoft, thou crafters of code, Thy systems of order, where data hath flowed. Our plea in this moment, is simple and clear,Lend an ear to our words, let them resonate dear.'Tis a tale of directories, of paths...
  4. Need to change the directory path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change the directory path: I changed the path letter on my secondary drive which had some games from the Microsoft store and it can’t find the games but the files are there so how do I tell it to look at the new drive letter...
  5. Need to change the directory path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to change the directory path: I changed the path letter on my secondary drive which had some games from the Microsoft store and it can’t find the games but the files are there so how do I tell it to look at the new drive letter...
  6. File Path Directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Path Directory: Hi, Recently I've changed drive letters which changed all of my installed applications file paths. Now the applications won't open with the error message, "specific file path not found" (something like that) I tried changing back the drive letters through Disk management and...
  7. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories: I am trying to restore my Documents to its default location from one of the volumes and getting this when I hit "Restore Default". Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "I:\System Volume Information". Access is defied. It is a permissions thing, but when...
  8. How to delete Found.000 directory and subdirectories?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete Found.000 directory and subdirectories?: I'm facing a rather strange situation. I have a directory on an external hard disk named found.000. Its attributes are Hidden and System. Inside it there is another directory named dir_00000000.chk. That one also has Hidden and System attributes. Now it's worth noting that...
  9. Lost files when moving directory with subdirectories

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost files when moving directory with subdirectories: I have just witnessed the strangest behavior on my windows 10 notebook. It is the second time it has happened. The first time I was sure that I did something but this time I am sure of what I did because I was very careful. For brevity I have substituted logical names. Thank...
  10. Directory Listing

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory Listing: How do I create my File names with the date at the front of the so that all the files are sorted mm-yy? 49879