Windows 10: Wanted Back: Show All Icons in Notification Area

Discus and support Wanted Back: Show All Icons in Notification Area in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't know what the developers were thinking when they decided to simply remove this most basic of settings, but I could really use the option. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fabby-O, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Fabby-O Win User

Wanted Back: Show All Icons in Notification Area

I don't know what the developers were thinking when they decided to simply remove this most basic of settings, but I could really use the option. The shell command workaround does not persist on reboots.It's inordinately annoying to have to make every new taskbar icon visible by fiddling around with the notification area or the taskbar settings window IMO. Making all taskbar icons visible has been possible since the inception of Windows. It makes Windows 11 unsuable to me, which is unfortunate since I do like the overall new look - windows are tidier and more consistent with one another. There

:)

Fabby-O, Nov 9, 2021
  2. ms1406 Win User

Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

thanks , but you did not understand the problem.

I have since found the solution wlsewhere:

To add a hidden icon to the notification area

• Click the arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want to move to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons to the notification area as you want.

To
    always show all icons on the taskbar

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click Properties.

• Under Notification area, click Customize.

• Select the Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar check box, and then click
      OK.

ms1406, Nov 9, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

The tray link, (Option One/Step 2), seems to be depreciated in Build 10130, go to Settings via the other Steps or directly:

Wanted Back: Show All Icons in Notification Area [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 9, 2021
  4. Hans L Win User

Startup and Notification area

R]I ran this batch file, but it did not help (which I understand, because Task Manager > Processes does NOT show WinDates).

I am back to the conclusion that Win 10 can run WinDates manually, but not automatically at startup (via link). If I double-click on the link C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WinDates.lnk, WinDates opens fine.

My next step will be to run a scan of system files to see if something is corrupt. However, any other suggestions are welcome.

Hans L, Nov 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Wanted Back: Show All Icons in Notification Area - Similar Threads - Wanted Show Icons

2. Show all icons in the notification area Windows 11 - permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show all icons in the notification area Windows 11 - permanently: I want to show all icons in the notification area in Windows 11. This was simple in Windows 10. You just chose to show all icons, and never had to think about it again.In Windows 11, it seems like you have to manually turn on every single icon. Then when even a minor update...
  3. Show all icons in the notification area Windows 11 - permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show all icons in the notification area Windows 11 - permanently: I want to show all icons in the notification area in Windows 11. This was simple in Windows 10. You just chose to show all icons, and never had to think about it again.In Windows 11, it seems like you have to manually turn on every single icon. Then when even a minor update...
  4. Always show all icons in the notification area - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always show all icons in the notification area - Windows 11: Sadly "always show all icons in the notification area" no longer exists used to with Windows 10 under Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Other system tray icons.I want that behaviour to return and I cannot with Windows 11, it's the only Windows 10 feature I miss.Every...
  5. Always show all icons in the notification area - Windows 11

Always show all icons in the notification area - Windows 11: Sadly "always show all icons in the notification area" no longer exists used to with Windows 10 under Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Other system tray icons.I want that behaviour to return and I cannot with Windows 11, it's the only Windows 10 feature I miss.Every...
  6. Always show ALL icons in the notification area [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always show ALL icons in the notification area [Windows 11]: I want Windows to ALWAYS show ALL icons in the notification area by default, which worked as expected until recently. After installing Windows update KB5022913 on 28 February 2023, however, some icons are always hidden in the notification area when I turn on my computer....
  7. Always show ALL icons in the notification area [Windows 11]

Always show ALL icons in the notification area [Windows 11]: I want Windows to ALWAYS show ALL icons in the notification area by default, which worked as expected until recently. After installing Windows update KB5022913 on 28 February 2023, however, some icons are always hidden in the notification area when I turn on my computer....
  8. Wanted Back: Show All Icons in Notification Area

Wanted Back: Show All Icons in Notification Area: I don't know what the developers were thinking when they decided to simply remove this most basic of settings, but I could really use the option. The shell command workaround does not persist on reboots.It's inordinately annoying to have to make every new taskbar icon visible...
  9. Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons: [img] [img] [img] I tried some .bat files from this forum, but nothing changed Windows 10 version: 190318 Please help me to solve this...thanks 151929
  10. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8