Windows 10: Wanted Chrome. Getting only Bing.

Discus and support Wanted Chrome. Getting only Bing. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 Windows 10 computers, but one is a laptop that only gets Bing, instead of Chrome. I cant out Chrome on screen, to change settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fredric, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Fredric Win User

Wanted Chrome. Getting only Bing.

I have 3 Windows 10 computers, but one is a laptop that only gets Bing, instead of Chrome. I cant out Chrome on screen, to change settings.

:)

Fredric, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

how to get rid of bing from browser in window 10 chrome

Hi Freddy,

For us to better assist you, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    For steps on how to remove Bing from Chrome, you can refer to the steps provided in
    iAMsalm's post on this
    link

Looking forward to your reply so we can find the best solution for you.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Wanted Chrome. Getting only Bing.

Bennet Martin, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Wanted Chrome. Getting only Bing.

1. Wanted Chrome. Getting only Bing. - Similar Threads - Wanted Chrome Getting

2. Getting rid of Bing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting rid of Bing: I recently bought a new laptop.I have most of my online work and accounts/chats etc via google and want that as my default browser and homepage.I have changed my browser and search settings, plus made google my homepage and sure as nuts every time I open edge it defaults to...
  3. Getting rid of Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting rid of Bing: I recently bought a new laptop.I have most of my online work and accounts/chats etc via google and want that as my default browser and homepage.I have changed my browser and search settings, plus made google my homepage and sure as nuts every time I open edge it defaults to...
  4. Bing keeps coming up in google chrome

Bing keeps coming up in google chrome: So I’ve recently got a new laptop and updated to windows 11. I use it on my school account for Microsoft 365. For the past few days, every time I go to make a search in google chrome on all 3 of my windows devices it redirects my results to Bing or yahoo. I’ve restored...
  5. i do not want bing

in Windows 10 Customization
    i do not want bing: I have spent a lot of money and time trying to get rid of bing but it always comes back how to permanently remove it ? It loads before my choice of google everytime https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-want-bing/223bff48-5868-4f2e-a1e2-c7d02fba1d39
  6. MSN.com not displaying in Chrome on Bing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSN.com not displaying in Chrome on Bing: Hi! I'm having issues with the msn.com home page or articles on the site, displaying. I get a large lowercase "b" on the page, and the links to the toolbar display in a column on the right side of the page as I slow down. After a moment or two, it goes to a white page...
  7. gETTING RID OF bING

gETTING RID OF bING: I cannot get rid of Bing as my search engine. I want to use Chrome I.follow suggestions I advanced settings but address bar section does not appear What do I DO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-rid-of-bing/9827cac9-60bf-4c93-830f-d9454c923b67
  8. Wanted Chrome. Getting only Bing.

Wanted Chrome. Getting only Bing.: I have 3 Windows 10 computers, but one is a laptop that only gets Bing, instead of Chrome. I cant out Chrome on screen, to change settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanted-chrome-getting-only-bing/5e8ff3c3-8568-4117-8b93-376ea1685d54
  9. Get rid of Bing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get rid of Bing: Bing comes up now instead of Chrome, how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/get-rid-of-bing/382f5019-f28a-443e-aa38-207c889efd33
  10. Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff"

Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff": In windows 10 it says I can chat with Cortana and ask it questions and get a personalized response, but this isn't the case for me. It says I can speak aloud or type, but since I've no mic, I choose to type. When I ask it something like "How's the weather" or "How tall is...